Went To The Track Today

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Jason, sorry for the inconvenience and intrusion into your post, but I need to ask you a question: you say that you are installing a gt exchanger, where applicable, 12 psi of boost, should have a significant gain in power, but in my case, with 8 psi, and the temperature problem, which do you think is more beneficial for me to go to 10-12 psi with the stock engine, 60 injectors, dual fuel pump, maf, etc, and win 30 RWHP or install these dual exchanger? , It seems incredible 30 RWHP winning just because of install, not sure the way to go. Thank you for your help.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Dang you beat me!

I might have to splash some race gas over my 1 year old 93 octane and see what my race tune will do ;-P
About time you got her out. Come on!

Old 11-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Leonardo Agueci
Mr. Jason, sorry for the inconvenience and intrusion into your post, but I need to ask you a question: you say that you are installing a gt exchanger, where applicable, 12 psi of boost, should have a significant gain in power, but in my case, with 8 psi, and the temperature problem, which do you think is more beneficial for me to go to 10-12 psi with the stock engine, 60 injectors, dual fuel pump, maf, etc, and win 30 RWHP or install these dual exchanger? , It seems incredible 30 RWHP winning just because of install, not sure the way to go. Thank you for your help.
Hey Leonardo, you are not intruding. You always have interesting questions. Before I would recommend any change regarding your heat exchanger I would want to know what your IAT's are? Also have you performed the IAT sensor relocation or does it still read from your MAF?

Old 11-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks for your attention , Mr. Jason , if I moving the IAT sensor . Not what the temperature of my IAT because I have not measured . Coincidentally yesterday I was reading some information on the internet and I saw an interesting article where he mentioned TIMSKELTON some interesting numbers profits by lowering the temperature of the inlet air . Although I'm blind at this point , since I do not read these temperatures , I feel the difference in response in the evening or in the morning , so if there should be a great benefit to the intercoolers . Now , also I have a greater understanding in the fact that I will not make more HP with these exchangers , it's just not going to miss these HP by high temperature IAT for the delay in the ignition, from there the benefit obtained. As we talked once , if I increased boost , but I have temperature problems , which is why I have analyzed and I think I'm convinced , that this modification is my next way to go. Perhaps while spending at 10 psi with 95mm MAF , that would give me about 20 RWHP more and benefit the exchanger, but I will define this point , that's where I require of you experience . Thank you.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Cracked my flex-plate! Went out and started my truck (07 F150 5.4) Tuesday. Walked back in the house while it was warming up. When I came back out I could hear a faint knocking sound. I began trying to track it and the noise led me to the oil pan. Naturally I freaked thinking this was a sound from the engine. I gently revved her to 1800rpms and the noise disappeared. As engine speed slowed the noise reappeared around 1300rpm and was considerably louder at idle. I called RobertP and ask him about it. He runs a repair shop so he can identify stupid noises like this. He suspected the flywheel. Had me place the truck in gear and the sound went away. Put her in neutral and the sound reappeared. Reverse no noise. He confirmed it was a cracked flex plate and sent me a link to a better built flex plate. It's made by PRW. Thanks again RobertP. Here's the link. http://m.ebay.com/itm/161060375315?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
Not sure why this happened. Fatigue? Went racing weekend before and posted my best times ever. The stock flex plate seems thin to me. I recall thinking this when I swapped my trans out some time ago. Robert mentioned this happening to stock trucks as well.

Got wonder though, is the power level I'm at the breaking point for the stock piece? I don't know. But when this is fixed I plan to race again and either up the boost or up the timing. Mike Troyer wants to see me crossing the traps at 17 degrees of timing up two degrees from what she does now. If it's safe I will also have my 3.125 pulley on hand to crank up the boost. Maybe hit really low 12's.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Really low 12s my ***. 11.99s for sure

Old 11-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
Really low 12s my ***. 11.99s for sure
Lol. I hope you're right. New flex plate won't arrive until Tuesday so I'll be building my custom cold air intake system for you and 2 others this weekend.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Shoot now were all going to be running 12s. This forum really picked up with some modding lately.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Not to jack your post, but do you think in a supercharged application, a functional hood scoop would be effective?

Not just a Roush scoop that is just for looks, but maybe something like this I just found on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F150-Ram-Air-Funct-Dual-Scoop-Truck-Hood-2004-2008-No-Reserve-/221315394192?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2008%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item33876cea90&vxp=mtr

Old 11-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by corey4631
Not to jack your post, but do you think in a supercharged application, a functional hood scoop would be effective?

Not just a Roush scoop that is just for looks, but maybe something like this I just found on Ebay
[/url]
I bet it would. Provided you could make a tight seal to your air box. You don't want to be sucking in the 140F temps under the hood.

I went a dkfferent route. Hood vent to help cooling. Underhood temps dropped 22 degrees. That helps the blower out quite a bit. And the intake box pulls cool air.
Heres a quote from thread on the box showing the results.
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
TESTING RESULTS!!! Drove the truck for a total of 14 miles. First 10 were city the last 4 were highway. Pulled in the driveway and never shut her down. I forgot to grab my third hygrometer so I took the two I had and placed them on the tailgate of my Dads Ranger parked in front of my truck for four minutes to obtain an accurate outside temp. Then I popped the hood and set them in place. One lying on top of the MAF as close to the box as possible and the other inside the box. I closed the hood and let her idle for 12 mins them popped the hood removed the airbox cover and the results are beyond my wildest dreams. 51 degrees different. If I were to insulate the box and put a gasket on the lid it would probably be even better. Either way I'm very satisfied!!!!

Old 11-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
I bet it would. Provided you could make a tight seal to your air box. You don't want to be sucking in the 140F temps under the hood.

I went a dkfferent route. Hood vent to help cooling. Underhood temps dropped 22 degrees. That helps the blower out quite a bit. And the intake box pulls cool air.
Heres a quote from thread on the box showing the results.
Jason! You really are a car geek!

Old 11-15-2013, 08:17 PM
I have a saleen hood and I can see the heat coming out of the vent. I never measured before and after iat though

Old 11-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Do you have more pics of that setup you have and where that intake hose goes to help with the fresh air? I have a roush setup and the air filter is already enclosed into a box with the air sucking in from the bottom

Would something like this be more benificial?

Old 11-15-2013, 09:48 PM
If you could make this type of forced air induction, I think it could be pretty bad ***! I wouldn't think it would be too hard to make something up to get a tight seal to allow the cold air to go right into the air box! The air would go pretty much right over the air box to begin with.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 PM
corey 4631 I understand that the roush air box like you have is better that the open air filter because it keeps the air cooler going into the engine.

Quick Reply: Went To The Track Today