more boost and temperature ambient = upgrade radiators ?.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more boost and temperature ambient = upgrade radiators ?.

Hello, in several posts on this forum I read that increasing boost is necessary either upgrade radiator, on the other hand, where I live ambient temperatures are at 108 ° F and in some parts 115 º F, it affects engine temperature. When I search the internet I do not get many options for our truck, what do you think would be an interesting option to handle these conditions, with approximately 12 psi boost and has very good quality? . I understand that Saleen is February 1 Rows but I found conflicting opinions, I have a very interesting offer Fluidyne 3 Rows but in other forums indicate that the quality is not very good. What do you think is the route?. Thank you for your help.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:48 PM
I was interested in the Fluid dyne unit also, I run the heavyduty radiator it's 1 3/8 inch thick but still not very heavy duty in my book, any input would be great, I've looked and looked can't find a 2 inch thick radiator any were

Robwrt

Old 10-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Public exact copy Fluidyne response:
Here are some things to Consider When choosing a high-performance Radiator:
· 2-Row vs. 3-Row radiator core? Fluidyne changed its designs to our new T-3 core in 2011 for the Following performance-related reasons:

Our 3-Row or have 50% more core tube and tube wall [where the heat transfer Takes place] than a core 2-Row Which is key to the performance of the core

or The T-3 core is only 2.0 "deep ... same size as the regular 2-Row core. This Eliminates the concern That a 3.0 "deep core is not as efficient as a 2.0" core

The 3-Row or core structure of the Fluidyne radiator boosts the internal pressure to 35 PSI rating, que water raises the boiling point to 235 degrees.
Offered at $ 599, no doubt the becool is an excellent piece, they recommend the 62235, but they are more than $ 900 is enough money when I compare it to FHP13-F150. But my question is I do not know Fluidyne products, not if the quality is good or are Taiwanese products.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 PM
The fluid dyne unit they will still make but it does not have the built in trans cooler , the be cool is awfully appealing any dimesions on the product my main concern is towing my 8500 lb rv up 7 and 8 percent grades, I'm running the 1 3/8 unit and on a 6 percent grade that's about 8 mile pull coolant temp reached 228 degrees, so I'm after more cooling

Old 10-18-2013, 10:38 PM
It is very interesting proposal and I can be willing to try, but I do not understand is that to our Fluidyne 04-08 trucks and has developed a radiator, FHP13-F150, or they think going to another more efficient? .

Old 10-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Crash , What would be the cost of that piece becool to 1000 Hp?, Remember that I have a proposal for $ 599. And what are the dimensions?.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:24 PM
That is precisely the problem, the 62235 is a replacement stock, so the Fluidyne FHP13-F150 is still my best option. Would you help her on the Fluidyne product quality? , Fall short of a Becool or PWR?.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Av got the Saleen dual core.

Apart from the common feed / return problem I could see it supporting 1000hp.

Just a beautiful piece.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm waiting to buy the radiator, Gary said he is FHP13-F150 or another model?.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm sending Gary my stock radiator I'll have one in a month or so and yes be the 13 radiator it will 3 5/8 rows in it

Should do a nice job

Old 10-23-2013, 10:49 AM
I've talked to Gary over a month ago u are wanting a race radiator, that is not what I wanted Gary said u were after something completely different the radiator I'll be getting will only be 2.5 thick not 3 inches like u are wanting

Robert

Old 10-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Definitely me if I'm interested in waiting to see what will be the final proposal on a "TRUE" 3 rows radiator to support 1000 HP and between right like stock.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Hello Mr. Crash, what happened to the radiator?. Thank you.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Crash!
Robert took me out of the loop by posting he had specified and bought a true 3 core radiator. He did my job for me and that pretty much took the prototype idea out of the works. So I dropped it thinking you were both satisfied although I said I would handle it.

Now I have a call in, but they are getting ready for SEMA. I will get a call back ASAP. I will offer him the specs on the resulting piece we are looking for.
Next time, understand that when I say I am working on something I will follow through. Don't go behind my back. There was a method to the madness, and that was to get prototypes to test, and whether we got them or not, I was not done trying. When you tell me you already have a solution, I stop working on it. But there were TWO of you I was trying to take care of at the same time, on the same call, for the SAME piece. Robert didn't even take the time to contact me to try to get a discount... I KNOW I could have pulled that off.

So if I find Roberts is a one off custom piece, which is NOT what we want at all, then I will work with Gary to get the biggest piece we can fit in the stock package, and I will let you know if I am offered a prototype. If so, it will go to you Leonardo because of your severe duty needs in your region, and your expressing interest first.
Next time call me people!

Interesting...I still thought this was the land of the free. You critize another member for getting something done and not going "through you". I've been waiting for Robert to get his radiator stuff figured out with this company for like two months because I'm buying his 1 3/8's unit when he takes it off.

Leonardo the 1 3/8 unit would be just fine for you. They are great factory pieces that fit with no guess work. And best of all very reasonably priced. Heres a link. I'll post a few more. http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/rad...n/mark_lt.html

Last edited by twinskrewd; 10-30-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:16 PM
I did not go behind your back I talked to Gary before I even saw u posting on the board over a month ago, not to mention the radiator I'm getting they have been making just stopped becsuse they did not have a transcooler to fit it at the time, and he said he had them on the way, not to mention u are how many states away? I'm with in 1.5 hours

Quick Reply: more boost and temperature ambient = upgrade radiators ?.