F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Superchargers & Turbochargers (https://www.f150online.com/forums/superchargers-turbochargers-77/)
-   -   more boost and temperature ambient = upgrade radiators ?. (https://www.f150online.com/forums/superchargers-turbochargers/491165-more-boost-temperature-ambient-upgrade-radiators.html)

Leonardo Agueci 10-17-2013 09:35 AM

more boost and temperature ambient = upgrade radiators ?.

Hello, in several posts on this forum I read that increasing boost is necessary either upgrade radiator, on the other hand, where I live ambient temperatures are at 108 ° F and in some parts 115 º F, it affects engine temperature. When I search the internet I do not get many options for our truck, what do you think would be an interesting option to handle these conditions, with approximately 12 psi boost and has very good quality? . I understand that Saleen is February 1 Rows but I found conflicting opinions, I have a very interesting offer Fluidyne 3 Rows but in other forums indicate that the quality is not very good. What do you think is the route?. Thank you for your help.

RobertP 10-17-2013 09:48 PM

I was interested in the Fluid dyne unit also, I run the heavyduty radiator it's 1 3/8 inch thick but still not very heavy duty in my book, any input would be great, I've looked and looked can't find a 2 inch thick radiator any were

Robwrt

Leonardo Agueci 10-18-2013 11:38 AM

Public exact copy Fluidyne response:
Here are some things to Consider When choosing a high-performance Radiator:
· 2-Row vs. 3-Row radiator core? Fluidyne changed its designs to our new T-3 core in 2011 for the Following performance-related reasons:

Our 3-Row or have 50% more core tube and tube wall [where the heat transfer Takes place] than a core 2-Row Which is key to the performance of the core

or The T-3 core is only 2.0 "deep ... same size as the regular 2-Row core. This Eliminates the concern That a 3.0 "deep core is not as efficient as a 2.0" core

The 3-Row or core structure of the Fluidyne radiator boosts the internal pressure to 35 PSI rating, que water raises the boiling point to 235 degrees.
Offered at $ 599, no doubt the becool is an excellent piece, they recommend the 62235, but they are more than $ 900 is enough money when I compare it to FHP13-F150. But my question is I do not know Fluidyne products, not if the quality is good or are Taiwanese products.

RobertP 10-18-2013 09:10 PM

The fluid dyne unit they will still make but it does not have the built in trans cooler , the be cool is awfully appealing any dimesions on the product my main concern is towing my 8500 lb rv up 7 and 8 percent grades, I'm running the 1 3/8 unit and on a 6 percent grade that's about 8 mile pull coolant temp reached 228 degrees, so I'm after more cooling

Leonardo Agueci 10-18-2013 10:38 PM

It is very interesting proposal and I can be willing to try, but I do not understand is that to our Fluidyne 04-08 trucks and has developed a radiator, FHP13-F150, or they think going to another more efficient? .

Leonardo Agueci 10-19-2013 10:06 AM

Crash , What would be the cost of that piece becool to 1000 Hp?, Remember that I have a proposal for $ 599. And what are the dimensions?.

Leonardo Agueci 10-20-2013 12:24 PM

That is precisely the problem, the 62235 is a replacement stock, so the Fluidyne FHP13-F150 is still my best option. Would you help her on the Fluidyne product quality? , Fall short of a Becool or PWR?.