more boost and temperature ambient = upgrade radiators ?.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 11-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ran a 3 core Procharger on my 01 Screw 4x4...sucked...no power off the line...did L swap running 12psi...truck would run low 14's even in 4x4...now I have a Fx4 4x4 Ecoboost...not as quick off the line as the L swap but better then the Prochager...alot of crap talking from someone who hasnt owned all 3

Old 11-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by raider
I ran a 3 core Procharger on my 01 Screw 4x4...sucked...no power off the line...did L swap running 12psi...truck would run low 14's even in 4x4...now I have a Fx4 4x4 Ecoboost...not as quick off the line as the L swap but better then the Prochager...alot of crap talking from someone who hasnt owned all 3
Thank you Raider!!! But brace yourselves folks. An extremely long post detailing why Raider is wrong and ProCharger is the best is coming. Post to include stories of street races, youtube videos, how he should have rigged up a wastegate, a P, D, or F blower and details about how lag doesn't exist with the Procharger

Oh and don't forget the Procharged truck spinning tires in 3rd gear. Something even the GT500 doesn't do with 662hp.

Last edited by twinskrewd; 11-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Crash!
Say what you will. You are still stuck on the title of the thread posted in error, which no moderator would change by the way, rather than the content of the thread.

And I talked to him, we did a 1,2,3 go, and I got him.

Just bench racing now, and I am getting tired of it... Just let me upgrade my fuel system and prove what I can do. All you are trying to do is defame my character anyway. Otherwise, you would do as Jason has done and left it alone once I posted my situation. At least he has the sense of understanding and is giving me the chance to get tuned and prove what I can do in my tank. I appreciate that. But nothing but negative from you IR0NS1N.

If you really care enough about me to spend your time flaming me, why not do the right thing and turn it around. For Christ's sake (If not for your own), help... Find me a 90mm MAF and a set of 42# green tops so I no longer run out of fuel and we will go back at it. I have a race blower on a stock engine and the FMU, injectors, and pump are MAXED OUT. Once I upgrade I will run another Ecoboost again, with the same pulley I have installed now. That way I can run one without blowing it up. I already have the 0 restriction inlet, a 75mm TB, and now I need a 90mm Lightning MAF and a set of green top 42s. Even for a loaner project. I already have Mark ready to tune my PCM for the setup.

After all, that is what I was doing on the original topic of this thread, getting prototype radiators to two members that I though needed them. Now look at where you took it. I was trying to make a deal to help two members and you all try to flame me when I said I got this and tried to follow through, thinking I was hoarding this thread for profit. I stood to gain nothing from the deal in the first place because I have a 2000. But it would have helped YOU even, because you would be able to use the type of radiator I am trying to put together.
Look Jason posted links for you. Bet that took him all of 7 seconds on google. I didn't take this thread anywhere, you got mad at Robert for buying something so you couldn't make a profit to sell it to him. I'm saying I wouldn't buy anything from you anyway because you don't know anything when it comes to 04+ vehicles. You claim to know how to bolt on a blower. Yay awesome, that's as far as you know. I know this because of the information you post about 04+ vehicles is usually wrong and then you get upset when I correct you, or anyone for that matter.

No information you could find on a radiator would help me. I wouldn't buy anything you researched for the newer trucks. Stock radiator is fine too. Dead of summer it still takes my E-fan a long time to kick on to cool the radiator down. I believe it took about 15 minutes or so for the radiator to get warm enough that the fan had to even kick on. That is setting the fan at 190*.

I don't care what you can do after you continue to mod your truck to race an Eco. All I care about is what you said. You said you were about to lose to an eco, I pointed out they are slow stock (although quick for a stock truck but 14s are still slow) and suddenly you beat his *** and he had no chance blah blah story change. Now its "I need to upgrade then I'll show you!"

Bottom line is you're full of BS and a lot of people are sick of it. If you didn't pay the website forum to be a sponsor then I honestly doubt they'd let you stay here.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Thank you Raider!!! But brace yourselves folks. An extremely long post detailing why Raider is wrong and ProCharger is the best is coming. Post to include stories of street races, youtube videos, how he should have rigged up a wastegate, a P, D, or F blower and details about how lag doesn't exist with the Procharger

Oh and don't forget the Procharged truck spinning tires in 3rd gear. Something even the GT500 doesn't do with 662hp.
Haha!
See the video post? If he did/does street race he better not get caught...he won't be driving for a long time

Old 11-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Suspended
First off I never bought anything from you...2nd who is "we". It's just you and your Youtube posts...and the 3.4 isn't the answer either...you need to read more Internet pages

Old 11-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Crash!
Everyone knows how I feel and they have seen me recommend the Whipple along with the ProCharger. I carry them too.

As far as the GT 500 goes, and with traction control off, I guarantee I can light 'em up and go through all the gears while incinerating the tires. The car will barely be moving but the speedo will be. I am talking off the line, not a drag race. No different than a fast shifting automatic doing a burnout by going through the gears. Especially on a GT 500. Again, before the days of car mounted cameras. Do I expect you to believe me? No. Did it happen? YES, just as sure as the car would pin your head on the ceiling. In a drag race, the car or truck is moving down the track and a good driver will get rubber through 3rd maybe 4th, (My Mustang could) but it will not be incinerating the tires and getting sideways while moving down the track once you get past 2nd.
Oh I see now. I thought you meant you were hitting the gas while cursing in 3rd and spinning the tires. Speed shifting. Yeah. I believe that. Use to do it in a 95 Nissan truck with the 4 cyl. Got a kick out of it. Get the tires spinning in 1st, quickly shift to second before the tires lost momentum, burn through 2nd then in to third. She would spin for a little bit in 3rd but not long. The joys of a stick shift.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Ok, everyone, cut out the personal crap and name calling. If you can't keep it technical on on subject, then don't post. We will not tolerate much more.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 11-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
the i-1 looks very interesting and looks to finally solve the prochargers low rpm lack of boost.

but it looks expensive, has to be $8k to $9k.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I removed two posts. I don't understand how my first post was not clear. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE PERSONAL ATTACKS AND COMMENTS BY ANYONE CONCERNING ANYONE. Plain and simple. I am going to close this thread as it seems impossible to get it back on subject. This is a final warning, keep your posts on the subject.

Quick Reply: more boost and temperature ambient = upgrade radiators ?.