which gauges with a supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Made some changes over the weekend. Did away with my triple pillar pod and made use of dual pod over the stereo. In addition I have the Roush vent pod, and I did away with the useless coin holder and turned it in to a mounting spot for the trans temp.

Yeah I got the dual pod above the stereo. Works real good.

I have AEM : Boost (15psi) and tranny temp in there.

Got a triple pillar pod but unsure about fitting it. It's also a bad idea to replace the vent here. (-30 anyone?) No coin holder. On the fly 4by4

Old 11-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the question, not if I misunderstood: you have a gauge to measure the air temperature or IAT input, if so, what is that gauge? Since Autometer and I talk to say they do not make them. Thank you.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:02 PM
how can you guys watch the gauges and drive hard at the same time?

I still can't do it (I have the pillar pod with 3 gauges)

Old 11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Often when I floor it, my eyes are focused on the Wideband. If your truck gets to the point its fast enough, a few seconds of wideband watching is all you need and you will be far ahead of whatever your racing. Or at least going fast enough for jail time.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Aeroforce gauges plug right in the obd 2 port, for more info on the setup and pics just pm i run these in 3 different vehicles I own and they work great

Old 11-10-2013, 03:55 PM
I run an aeroforce gauge too. Keep it on fuel pressure and iat or trans temp

Old 11-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by widj
how can you guys watch the gauges and drive hard at the same time?

I still can't do it (I have the pillar pod with 3 gauges)
I only glance at mine from time to time. On WOT run I'll glance at the a/F a few times and the EGT right before I let off. I will watch EGT's when in the mountains or towing. Egt's will tell your tuner just how much more he can safely get out of your motor. Can also helps diagnose problems and will tell you if your exhaust mods are working or not. Vac/boost is a good one. Vac at idle will help you keep up with engine condition as well as finding a leak before a lean condition cost you a motor. The boost side is just fun. But useful after a pulley swap or trying to correct belt slip.

There is a such thing as to many gauges. A lot of money for nothing. Everything else you need to know can be data logged with your SCT handheld and reviewed later from the safety of your desk chair.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:23 PM
With regard to the pod over the stereo could you PLEASE pass the info as to what the p/n is and from whom purchased I would also like to know what the dimensions are of the pod I sure like your set up I've tried real hard to obtain the dual pillar pod but it seems no one has one for my 09 truck. Thank's

Quick Reply: which gauges with a supercharger?