Powerdyne arrived today! Install hints appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powerdyne arrived today! Install hints appreciated!

I just rec'd my Ford Racing (Powerdyne) 6psi unit today. Plan to install tomorrow. Any intallation tips will greatly be appreciated!

...yeah, I know, all you roots types will be down on my choice, but this was all that was within my budget. If it weren't for those of us who can'f afford the roots and screw types, who would be educating your children?

(That is a small plug to support your local school teachers. We are the future of your children.)

Anyway any install tips that will ease my pain tomorrow are welcomed!

Darin

Old 07-13-2001, 02:11 PM
Hey let us know how it goes, My friend and I were thinking about that exact supercharger, but didn't know how good it would be. I am very interested in 0-60 power. So just keep us informed and tell us how easy the install was! Have fun!

Old 07-14-2001, 01:28 PM
Question

So if you don't mind-

Where did you order the charger from ford racing-where can I get some info-what did it cost?

Old 07-15-2001, 12:18 AM
Got it from Fairway Sport and Performance. Check out their web site. (I don't have the URL handy, but a simple search will get you there)

Talk to Denny Sanders. He was very helpful.

BTW. I traded my 97 in for a 99 yesterday. (Same truck, different color w/ 4 opening doors vs. 3) I will be installing the unit on the 99 (hopefully) this week.

The cost was around 2K which makes it the most cost effective supercharger on the market for our trucks. This included, all mounting brackets, a new Fuel pressure regulator, a new fan, pulleys and the extra belt to power the unit. Looks fairly easy to install. I hope those looks are not decieving!

Will post more when installation is complete.

Darin

Old 07-20-2001, 10:29 PM
Question

dlsipe-Just curious how the install went and what are the results with the performance?

Old 07-21-2001, 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Darin,

Congratulations on getting your Powerdyne supercharger!

Just as an aside, we had not yet seen your custom program worksheet that we sent you for your custom program, so please let us know via email if you have not yet received it (we mailed it out a couple of weeks ago), or have any questions, etc. Of course, that may be due to the fact that you've apparently traded trucks since we last spoke, so I should also congratulate you on getting your next F-150 as well! I hope you enjoy the 99 model.

Best of luck on your installation & do let us all know how it goes!

Old 07-21-2001, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Darin,

Congratulations on getting your Powerdyne supercharger!

Best of luck on your installation & do let us all know how it goes!

Old 07-24-2001, 12:19 AM
Hey guys.

The unit is not installed yet. Just got back from a 650 mi. round trip vacation run and I didn't want to subject my wife and child to a mishap due to my lack of experience as an installer.

As this seems to be a 2 person job ( to remove and replace the crank pulley) I am going to wait until I can get one of my WV ford boys to come down to assist w/ the install.

Mike, I rec'd the form as you sent it. The purchase of the new truck and related expenses (new tires, flowmasters, etc.) has put me back a month or 2 on the chip, but I will definitely be in touch. Seems you are the man to deal with according to posts on this site.

BTW, the 99 will run circles around the 97, even though the 97 had a K&N, and Flowmaster 3" exhaust. Plus smaller tires!

I'll keep everyone posted.

I must admit. I am a bit nervous about putting this beast on my truck!

Darin

Old 07-24-2001, 10:54 PM
Thumbs up

Dlsipe, where did you order your kit from and how much $$?

Thanks, Scott

Old 07-24-2001, 10:56 PM
Angry I'm Stupid!!!!

SORRY,, helps to read previous post!!!!

NEVERMIND!!

Old 07-25-2001, 04:26 PM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the Blower club. If you teach high school do they have an auto shop? Just a thought. Good Luck!

Old 09-01-2001, 12:22 AM
OK, guys, attempt at install will happen tomorrow. (finally!) Wish me luck.

BTW, I do teach at a high school with a career center adjacent that includes an automotive class. I'd just rather do it myself. Not discounting the quality of their program. I simply enjoy the satisfaction of the "do-it-yourself-er"

I'll post a follow up after the weekend to let you all know how it went.

Old 09-01-2001, 07:15 PM
Smile powerdyne

I just ordered my 5.4 powerdyne for my 01 harley truck from summit for $2400.00 with shipping,I should receive and install by next weekend.Just in time for rally in the valley(maggie valley NC). 2001 super crew H-D

Old 09-01-2001, 08:44 PM
Exclamation

dlsipe & aquaman- Keep us posted on the results!

Old 09-04-2001, 10:53 PM
Defeated by de fan...and a few missing parts.

OK, everything was going well with the install. Moved the power steering resevoir...no problem. Mounted the new fuel pressure regulator...no problem. then came the step of removing the factory fan/clutch assembly. This is where the brakes were put on our project. Three grown men (no professional mechanics, but none unfamiliar w/ a wrench) could not get the damned factory assembly off the truck. We had the fan removal tools and followed the Haynes Manual removal instructions to the letter w/o success.

Then we catalogged our parts. The Powerdyne kit was missing the spacer between the mounting bracket and the supercharger unit along w/ the bolts to put it in place.

So, here is the update. The truck is going into the shop tomorrow to have the fan replaced, along w. adding the additional pulley to the harmonic balancer, and Powerdyne is shipping my missing parts as of today.

When I get the truck back and get the remainder of the parts, I'll let everyone know how the rest of the installation went.

Darin

Quick Reply: Powerdyne arrived today! Install hints appreciated!