Who wants to race?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford Man Dan
Dyno pulls are more accurate than racing different trucks. UNLESS you are using the SAME exact truck at the track your results are gonna mean ****. More than likely someone will pull up with a scab someone with a regular cab, then someone with a screw..... Go further. Are the tire sizes the same size? or do the tires have the same tread? do the tires have the same amount of pressure? What about gears? is someone running 3.73s or 4.10s..? Different gears will lead to someone launching faster or slower. Can someone bring up a 4x4 and launch it in 4wheel? The overall issue at a track is weight. 100lbs = .1 seconds in a 1/4 mile. IS every truck going to remove the tailgate, sparetire, jack, and what not? The easiest way to gain time in a 1/4 mile is to cut weight. Also when racing, you have the driver factor.... This race isnt going to prove anything as far as performance.....

Oh and as far as whipple being sold through Ford Performance. So just out of curiosity. Lets say I were to install a Whipple on my truck. Next thing I know the whole thing goes broke****. Is Ford going to diagnose the problem and fix it for free?
I don't beleive the Roush stuff is warrentied by Ford, it's warrentied by Roush themselves (they self insure). Sure, it's 3/36 but it is a Roush warrenty, not Ford. Your dealer could still refuse to service the vehicle. That means you have to go to a Roush authorized dealer to get the warrenty work done. I also beleive this only pertains to vehicles that were converted at Roush or a Roush dealer. As per the Roush website, thier over the counter parts only carry a 60 day warrenty

"WARRANTY
All retail parts carry a 60-day warranty from the date of purchase. This warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship, and does not include (i) normal wear and tear, environmental conditions, improper installation; (ii) road hazards, misuse, abuse, neglect, accidents, collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, or objects striking the vehicle; (iii) misusing the vehicle, such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or using the vehicle as a stationary power source; (iv) altering, disassembling or modifying the parts; (v) defects caused or induced by failures, breakdowns, or damage by other parts, components or the vehicle; (vi) subjecting the parts to excessive moisture or water or any motor vehicle fluids (e.g.: oil, anti-freeze, battery acid, brake fluid, etc.); (vii) acts of God, natural disasters and other similar causes beyond the reasonable control of Roush; or (viii) application of chemicals that affect the parts. This Limited Warranty does not cover surface deterioration of paint, trim, and appearance items that result from use and/or exposure to the elements, such as stone chips, scratches, bird droppings, lightning, hail, windstorm, dings, dents, earthquake, road salt, tree sap, water or flood.
ROUSH SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO REIMBURSE CUSTOMER/DEALER FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE INSTALLATION OR USE OF ANY PRODUCT SOLD THROUGH THIS CATALOG OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY. EXCEPT AS MAY BE STATED IN THIS CATALOG, ROUSH DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL ROUSH’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY CUSTOMER/DEALER FOR PRODUCTS SOLD REGARDLESS IF ROUSH HAS BEEN ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF ANY POTENTIAL PROBLEM OR IF A CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THEIR DURATION, OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY."

I would also like to see where you are getting the intercooler upgrade for $1000. Another member just looked into it and was quoted $3000 because it includes a new intake manifold. Their website still does not list the intercooled kit as being available, let alone even just a "coming soon" blurb.

There are several good kits available and they all have thier pros and cons. The Whipple is nice if you want to have a built engine but you can't just swap in bigger injectors without machinging them first. The Trilogy kit makes good power and is intercooled. These guys have been very supportive of the forum and been nothing but good guys. the Roush is fine but it is non i ntercooled (currently) and everone knows, you are paying for Jack's racing team. Magna Charger/Powerworks is the new kid on the block. They are still using the Eaton 112 SC but it's intercooled and looks very OEM. They are claiming some good numbers but I haven't heard of anyone with a kit yet except FrdTrk and MAB351 who is the manager of Powerworks.

I think they all have thier pros and cons. Buy who's kit you like and let everyone else buy the kit they like.

TG

Old 03-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by rafa26
I totally agree to you FORD MAN DA, that will be a total mess, that test won't prove anything. Also a lot of guys will say that they have stock trucks but who will believe ???
ET can vary but MPH will tell the story of how much power each kit is making. If you know each vehicle weight, you can calculate the hp at the wheels.

TG

Old 03-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Of course you have to have it installed through a Roush dealer to keep your warranty. The deal is that Roush takes over the Ford engine warranty while the rest is still covered under Ford. So basically you are being warrantied by both Roush and Ford.
As far as getting work done on my truck, I havent had any issues with going to a non Roush dealer. Every dealership I've been to has been very helpful and didnt freak out over the fact that I had a Roush s/c.

I visited my local Roush dealership here in CO and they informed me that the intercooler was going to be around $1000. He also told me that Roush has released these intercooled versions and the dealerships are just waiting for them to ship. I didnt clarify if that meant i could order one yet or not.

I wasnt trying to bash on anyone for their choice of s/c. To each his own.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:34 AM
6 one way, half dozen the other!!

Old 04-03-2006, 08:06 PM
What is the harly doing way up there in the states? I thought it was in roundrock?

Old 04-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Gentlemen,
The race was thought of as an opportunity for each company to come out, show what they have and do heads up racing. You could go out right now, just as stated and buy two identical trucks with all the same options and they could perform completely different. This is "Legal" street racing on a track. You bring what you got, and try to make the trucks as similar as possible so you can compare SC to SC.

Dyno's can be manipulated and can vary by 20 horsepower or more. Even if we lose, but our nose is at the door line of a Truck claiming 400 rwhp we think we have accomplished something with our system.

In my own opinon on warranties. There are many dearlerships across the country that will warranty vehicles with aftermarket performance parts on them similar to the Roush warranty. People need to talk to their respective dealerships and see where they stand on the issue. As far as I know, nobody has a longer warranty on their kit than us with a 4/48,000.

Ford Man Dan, are you available to come race with us at the end of April?

Old 04-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Is there any chance any of the vendors Trilogy, Whipple, Magnacharger would hold this type of event in California? I would go out of my way to attend, doesn't matter the time or day. At one point, even now, the Lightning set the benchmark. I have an L. It would be great to be able to boast, "our kit beats, hangs with a Lightning!" I have a handful of mods and only at 400/500. I'll be happy to have anyone inspect/document my mods. I have nothing to hide. I Love what is available for the 3V 5.4L, not to mention it's capability! I want to see them run! I want to see them run my L, I don't care the outcome-win or lose. It would be fun!

Of course any of theses kits can be made to walk a Lightning. I want to see the out of box kits run, preferably on a reg cab.

Old 04-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by RGCBSHRTY#1
Is there any chance any of the vendors Trilogy, Whipple, Magnacharger would hold this type of event in California? I would go out of my way to attend, doesn't matter the time or day. At one point, even now, the Lightning set the benchmark. I have an L. It would be great to be able to boast, "our kit beats, hangs with a Lightning!" I have a handful of mods and only at 400/500. I'll be happy to have anyone inspect/document my mods. I have nothing to hide. I Love what is available for the 3V 5.4L, not to mention it's capability! I want to see them run! I want to see them run my L, I don't care the outcome-win or lose. It would be fun!

Of course any of theses kits can be made to walk a Lightning. I want to see the out of box kits run, preferably on a reg cab.
I'll talk to the guys at Magnacharger and see if they would be willing to do so. They love to go drag racing over there. I know we're all planning on getting together at some of the NMRO meets

Old 04-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I will see if we have a free weekend sometime this summer. We have a really busy summer planned with races and the sort. I would love to come to California....

Old 05-05-2006, 11:43 AM
How often are you guys out at Milan? I just found this site today.

on another note...
Comparing warranties...

Trilogy is claiming they offer the best warranty with 4/48 compared to Roush's 3/36.
Simple enough to decide which is better by the #s, if it were that simple.

By claiming Trilogy's 4/48 is better than Roush's 3/36, am I to assume you mean that the Trilogy warranty covers THE COMPLETE POWERTRAIN for 4/48?

Last edited by protomec; 05-05-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Where is this located?

Old 05-05-2006, 03:36 PM
our 4yr/48000 mile warranty covers the contents of the supercharger kit. In our experience a lot of dealerships will still warrant drivetrain issues because they know what would be caused by a supercharger. The Trilogy setup is exactly how one would come from Ford. We are a supplier for Ford and have numerous engineers with Ford. The Roush Warranty from my understanding is done by a Roush dealer only. So you have to take it to a Roush dealer, and the warranty does not cover you that long if you self install. Good luck and hope this helps.

We have been very busy here and have not been down to Milan much. We are trying to get down there every Wednesday and a couple of free weekends.

Old 05-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by mab351
I'll talk to the guys at Magnacharger and see if they would be willing to do so. They love to go drag racing over there. I know we're all planning on getting together at some of the NMRO meets

Sounds interesting.....I would be more than happy to bring the Crew Cab out

Old 05-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by FORDTRK
Sounds interesting.....I would be more than happy to bring the Crew Cab out
I'm back...... I'm in! What day should we go?

Old 05-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Powerworks F150 during OLOA

OK, so check this out. This video clip is from Roebling road on the main straight. Roebling was one of the stops on the One Lap of America tour. Should have a complete write up on the adventure on the PW website by the end of the week. Also got a little press from the C&D group on the day 6 report. Top speed just before braking is about 115mph. Crank up the volume.

Quick Reply: Who wants to race?