Who wants to race?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mab351
I couldn't have expressed it any better than you.
There are great people out here and we all have the same thing in common with each other as we did with our fathers and friends. Cars, Trucks, Racing! The smell of Turbo Blue as a rumbling street rod rolls by...
As posted in Free Joy Rides, please do stop by. I would love to see your setup. Cars are my passion and hopefuly I can continue in this industry for the rest of my life (I just am about to graduate from grad school).

Woooo Hoooo, can't wait to see all these pretty trucks running fast. I am so excited.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:40 AM
I can't seem to find pricing on the Power Works setup, just trying to compare. This meet sounds like just what the doctor ordered. I wouldn't doubt the winner, see's 4th quarter numbers sky rocket!!!

Old 03-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by TTSaleen
I can't seem to find pricing on the Power Works setup, just trying to compare. This meet sounds like just what the doctor ordered. I wouldn't doubt the winner, see's 4th quarter numbers sky rocket!!!
Found this while searching Google:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...26/001971.html

Old 03-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by Jeffro54L
Thank you sir,

Old 03-29-2006, 04:57 PM
TT Saleen
you can also check out their website at www.powerworks.net

Old 03-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Lone_Star@Trilogy
TT Saleen
you can also check out their website at www.powerworks.net
When the S/C race gonna take place ?

Old 03-31-2006, 11:54 AM
rafa,

It looks like tentatively the weekend of April 28th. Will you be able to make it?

Old 03-31-2006, 12:00 PM
rafa,

It looks like tentatively the weekend of April 28th. Will you be able to make it?
Unfortunately i will be on vacation dude. BTW can you take a look on this thread https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=235030, i would like to hear your opinion as you seems to have good knowledge about our trucks. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Rafa,

Thats good you are getting vacation time, but I was hoping to meet you and BS a little at the track. We have lots of events we are going to this year hopefully we can meet up at one of them.

I have read this statement by Mr. Whipple about the 99 mph critical speed of the driveshaft. For the most part he is correct. All of us, Whipple, Roush, Trilogy have engineers working with us or for us at Ford. I don't want to get borish and get into the engineering aspects of the driveshaft, but to answer it at basic as possible, we do go beyond the 99 mph limiter SAFELY. He even states
If you wanted to remove the speed limit, you can use a Diablo, SCT or whatever to upload the Whipple tune, modify the speed limiter, and reinstall the tune with new speed limiter.
We have almost 40,000 miles on our truck and have not had a problem with it at all.

What we recommend is that if you feel unsure, get a driveshaft loop. Cheap insurance in the event something does go wrong. Second, if vibrations are occuring get either a new aluminium driveshaft or simply get the original driveshaft balanced. We would NEVER design something that was going to cause dependabilty problems later on with the purchase of our kit. If we did, we would be out of business. We don't have the fastest claimed numbers either because we strive for dependability, quality, and completeness as opposed to blow the engine if you have to horsepower and torque numbers.

This is my opinion on the issue and in no way tries to claim Whipples and Roush's decision to limit the speed to 99 mph is wrong. One last thing to consider though is the tires. They are speed limited as well, and as all of us remember with the Firestone issue, get better speed rated tires. I hope this helps out.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Rafa,

Thats good you are getting vacation time, but I was hoping to meet you and BS a little at the track. We have lots of events we are going to this year hopefully we can meet up at one of them.

I have read this statement by Mr. Whipple about the 99 mph critical speed of the driveshaft. For the most part he is correct. All of us, Whipple, Roush, Trilogy have engineers working with us or for us at Ford. I don't want to get borish and get into the engineering aspects of the driveshaft, but to answer it at basic as possible, we do go beyond the 99 mph limiter SAFELY. He even states We have almost 40,000 miles on our truck and have not had a problem with it at all.

What we recommend is that if you feel unsure, get a driveshaft loop. Cheap insurance in the event something does go wrong. Second, if vibrations are occuring get either a new aluminium driveshaft or simply get the original driveshaft balanced. We would NEVER design something that was going to cause dependabilty problems later on with the purchase of our kit. If we did, we would be out of business. We don't have the fastest claimed numbers either because we strive for dependability, quality, and completeness as opposed to blow the engine if you have to horsepower and torque numbers.

This is my opinion on the issue and in no way tries to claim Whipples and Roush's decision to limit the speed to 99 mph is wrong. One last thing to consider though is the tires. They are speed limited as well, and as all of us remember with the Firestone issue, get better speed rated tires. I hope this helps out.
Dude that is not what i meant, i asked you to post a comment about the thread on this link here: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=235030 . This drive-shaft issue is thing from the past. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:04 PM
It was not clear which one. I have posted to that forum.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Roush keeps your warranty. Nuff said. I know there are other s/c products out there that probably outperform the Roush, but I feel more confident in a product that is done through Ford and keeps my warranty. On top of that, the new intercooled Roush 450hp 475tq( i believe) s/c is pretty damn sweet especially for its price. I purchased the non intercooled s/c for around $4,200 and I'm getting the intercooler for about 1,000. Thats a $5,200 intercooled supercharger that not only keeps your warranty, but that its also $400 cheaper than the whipple. I must say Roush's tuning is a little stingy, but thats nothing a Diablo chip and a CUSTOM tune cant fix. Once my intercooler and diablo chip + tune is installed later this month I'm looking for some very good results. I'd love to go up to Michigan to race the "other" products, but honestly I see no point in it. Racing trucks with different s/c isnt going to solve anything. Some trucks are going to weigh more than others, some trucks have different gears, there are so many other variables that you have to keep in mind when looking at time slips. Why dont you do some dyno pulls and see which system is putting out the most power? Yeah the whipple or "trilogy product"(i have no idea what this is) might win, but where is the incentive for someone like me to buy the product when its not "FORD APPROVED".... bah I dont know. I'll stick to my Roush s/c and warranty.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ford Man Dan
Why dont you do some dyno pulls and see which system is putting out the most power? Yeah the whipple or "trilogy product"(i have no idea what this is) might win, but where is the incentive for someone like me to buy the product when its not "FORD APPROVED".... bah I dont know. I'll stick to my Roush s/c and warranty.

Dyno's lie!! They can be manipulated 1000 different ways to scew the results. Times are more accurate.

Whipple is sold by Ford Performance so I don't think Roush is alone in that perspective.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Dyno pulls are more accurate than racing different trucks. UNLESS you are using the SAME exact truck at the track your results are gonna mean ****. More than likely someone will pull up with a scab someone with a regular cab, then someone with a screw..... Go further. Are the tire sizes the same size? or do the tires have the same tread? do the tires have the same amount of pressure? What about gears? is someone running 3.73s or 4.10s..? Different gears will lead to someone launching faster or slower. Can someone bring up a 4x4 and launch it in 4wheel? The overall issue at a track is weight. 100lbs = .1 seconds in a 1/4 mile. IS every truck going to remove the tailgate, sparetire, jack, and what not? The easiest way to gain time in a 1/4 mile is to cut weight. Also when racing, you have the driver factor.... This race isnt going to prove anything as far as performance.....

Oh and as far as whipple being sold through Ford Performance. So just out of curiosity. Lets say I were to install a Whipple on my truck. Next thing I know the whole thing goes broke****. Is Ford going to diagnose the problem and fix it for free?

Last edited by Ford Man Dan; 03-31-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ford Man Dan
Dyno pulls are more accurate than racing different trucks. UNLESS you are using the SAME exact truck at the track your results are gonna mean ****. More than likely someone will pull up with a scab someone with a regular cab, then someone with a screw..... Go further. Are the tire sizes the same size? or do the tires have the same tread? do the tires have the same amount of pressure? What about gears? is someone running 3.73s or 4.10s..? Different gears will lead to someone launching faster or slower. Can someone bring up a 4x4 and launch it in 4wheel? The overall issue at a track is weight. 100lbs = .1 seconds in a 1/4 mile. IS every truck going to remove the tailgate, sparetire, jack, and what not? The easiest way to gain time in a 1/4 mile is to cut weight. Also when racing, you have the driver factor.... This race isnt going to prove anything as far as performance.....

Oh and as far as whipple being sold through Ford Performance. So just out of curiosity. Lets say I were to install a Whipple on my truck. Next thing I know the whole thing goes broke****. Is Ford going to diagnose the problem and fix it for free?
I totally agree to you FORD MAN DA, that will be a total mess, that test won't prove anything. Also a lot of guys will say that they have stock trucks but who will believe ???

Quick Reply: Who wants to race?