Need Little Help From Supercharger Gurus .

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I take it the install has begun? SWEEET!!!

I was expecting a lot more than just 251 with the X-Cal2, I thought those were supposed to bump you up around 30-40 horses at the rear wheels? I've seen stock pulls from several members around 240, but I wonder if those were with the flashers and intakes?

I guess I'll find out on the 7th what my stock numbers are. All I have is the Roush off road exhaust, no tuner or intake.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
So I take it the install has begun? SWEEET!!!

I was expecting a lot more than just 251 with the X-Cal2, I thought those were supposed to bump you up around 30-40 horses at the rear wheels? I've seen stock pulls from several members around 240, but I wonder if those were with the flashers and intakes?

I guess I'll find out on the 7th what my stock numbers are. All I have is the Roush off road exhaust, no tuner or intake.
On a stock 5.4 3v engine any number above 220 rwhp is bull... You will see when you get yours dude.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rafa26
Mike, that is a 3 Valve did you forget ? I forgot to mention about the Xcal2, this run was with the Xcal2 performance tuner from Mike Troyer.
My point exactly. Just shows how much better the three valve is over the two valve.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by madferraristi
My point exactly. Just shows how much better the three valve is over the two valve.
Mike, what is the normal rwhp for a 2003 f-150 5.4 2valve engine non lightning ?

Old 02-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Totally stock, 190-200, at least that is the best I have ever seen.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey LT, Sounds like you are having a fit waiting for your install. I'll try to "help" by telling you what happened to me yesterday. I was on a country road and slowed down to cross a RR track. There were 5 or 6 power line workers about 200 feet from the road up ahead. As I sped up the blower cam on and I just eased into it. Apparently the growl from the blower can be heard from a prettty good distance because they all turned around and stared like what the hell is that. Hope that helps ease the pain of the wait

On another note, I think Jstin may have been right about the injectors. Mine is sooting up the exhaust pretty bad. Its getting plenty of fuel somewhere in the curve. Too much in fact. Will have to check into this.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by wstafford
Hey LT, Sounds like you are having a fit waiting for your install. I'll try to "help" by telling you what happened to me yesterday. I was on a country road and slowed down to cross a RR track. There were 5 or 6 power line workers about 200 feet from the road up ahead. As I sped up the blower cam on and I just eased into it. Apparently the growl from the blower can be heard from a prettty good distance because they all turned around and stared like what the hell is that. Hope that helps ease the pain of the wait

On another note, I think Jstin may have been right about the injectors. Mine is sooting up the exhaust pretty bad. Its getting plenty of fuel somewhere in the curve. Too much in fact. Will have to check into this.
Thanks for the tease buddy. I'm already worked up enough, and I still have enough of a wait in front of me! 2 weeks from today though and the install should be complete!

Do you have any pictures of your truck or the install? I'd love to see them. Also, I don't recall, did you go with stock injectors or larger injectors?

Even though the wait is hard, keep them stories coming. This is almost like the build up for Christmas and you know you got something good under the tree!

Old 02-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Ah, never mind on the pictures, I just saw your album. All I can do is...

Old 02-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the tease buddy. I'm already worked up enough, and I still have enough of a wait in front of me! 2 weeks from today though and the install should be complete!

Do you have any pictures of your truck or the install? I'd love to see them. Also, I don't recall, did you go with stock injectors or larger injectors?

Even though the wait is hard, keep them stories coming. This is almost like the build up for Christmas and you know you got something good under the tree!
Lt, I have it set up just like Whipple sent it. It seems to be running a little rich. Whipple is checking on that and have been very helpful. It runs fine, just soots up the tail pipes.
Are you putting yours on yourself?

Old 02-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Ah, never mind on the pictures, I just saw your album. All I can do is...

Speaking of the album, I can't get back in to add more pictures. It says to allow cookies and I have but no go. Any ideas?

Old 02-24-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure how these albums here work because of this whole cookie business. I'd like to start one up here, but can't with either my work or home computer. I think there is a way to disable cookies on your computer and then you can upload them. I'm not sure why you would be able to one week and not the next though.

I'm having Silver State Motorsports at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway do the install on the 7th. We are planning on overnighting the PCM to whipple that morning, and hopefully will get it back by Thursday and I'll be ready to roll. My brothers from Alaska are showing up on Friday morning for the NASCAR race, so I'm hoping to pick them up at the airport with the truck. I wish I could do the install on my own to save $800, but I don't have the time, or the knowledge to dive into something like that. I'm slowly starting to do more things myself though, like lowering and painting, but when it comes to something like this, I don't want to take any chances with my only daily driver.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by wstafford
Speaking of the album, I can't get back in to add more pictures. It says to allow cookies and I have but no go. Any ideas?
Send your email for raftell@msn.com, i have something top secret to show you, LT already knows it.

Old 02-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Hei guys, where can i find a bullet-proof rear end and carbon fiber drive-shaft ??? Thanks.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:24 PM

Thats a damn nice truck!

Old 02-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by rafa26
Hei guys, where can i find a bullet-proof rear end and carbon fiber drive-shaft ??? Thanks.
Your truck most likely has a 9 3/4" rear which is big enuf for a truk!! The only addition that can make it stronger is a TA Girdle Cover. Call me after I return from vacation on March 6th.

Don't waste your money on a CF driveshaft, just have a steel one made using 3 1/2" x .083 wall tubing.

Quick Reply: Need Little Help From Supercharger Gurus .