Need Little Help From Supercharger Gurus .

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 04+ 5.4L trucks must have some new oddball tuning measures for start up and deceleration then. On my truck it starts up without a hiccup with 42# injectors @ 36 psi fuel pressure and a perfectly flat A/F ratio of 14.5 - 14.7. Fuel pressure increases to around 50psi at WOT. As for deceleration, typically the fuel injectors are stopped or use greatly reduced pulse timing, shows a moderate lean spike but settles again.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
FRPP is building a very comprehensive database, which will also be recognizied at the dealerships. The flash tools are done, but the database is not. At this point, this is out of our control, but FRPP is doing the best they can.

We are still very much partners with FRPP and have many new co-branded products coming out. We understand it might be a problem for some to send the PCM, but we are trying to get them in and out on the same day, with overnight shipping back. Hopefully that helps.

Our wait was the lack of superchargers, since Lysholm only sent us approx. 250 compressors in 2005, that left us severly out of inventory. Now, with a better compressor, the systems are that much better!

Thanks,
Dustin
Whipple Superchargers
Dustin my truck has only 8000 miles and it's still under warranty of course. If we have to ship our computers to you in order to be re-programmed , what will happen if i have to take my truck to the dealer for any kind of repair or maintance work under warranty, how i will get back the stock tune again if i don't have any programmer handy ??? It can void my engine warranty if i don't have the stock tune in the computer !

Last edited by rafa26; 02-18-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by rafa26
Dustin my truck has only 8000 miles and it's still under warranty of course. If we have to ship our computers to you in order to be re-programmed , what will happen if i have to take my truck to the dealer for any kind of repair or maintance work under warranty, how i will get back the stock tune again if i don't have any programmer handy ??? It can void my engine warranty if i don't have the stock tune in the computer !
Tune aint going to matter with that blower sitting up there!

Old 02-14-2006, 10:13 PM

The cal will be recognizied by a Ford dealer as a "do not update" cal. The cals have been released through the Ford dealer system so it will be known not to modify them. As for putting them back to stock, that would be tough because it will set virtually every code just getting it to the dealership. It will also be so lean in some areas, it could be very dangerous.

Thanks,
Dustin

Old 02-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
The cal will be recognizied by a Ford dealer as a "do not update" cal. The cals have been released through the Ford dealer system so it will be known not to modify them. As for putting them back to stock, that would be tough because it will set virtually every code just getting it to the dealership. It will also be so lean in some areas, it could be very dangerous.

Thanks,
Dustin

I have a question for you Dustin and for all of the members with knowledge to answer it.
Is it possible instead of sending you the truck's PCM to be re-programmed , we send you a Xcal2 and you program it with the Whipple calibrations for the S/C, that way we will have the Xcal2 with the Whipple tune for the S/C and the stock tune too ?
Maybe it is a stupid question but i don't know all the capabilities of the Xcal2. Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by rafa26; 02-18-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:51 PM
I don't think the xcal has that capabililty. I think that has to be a Ford flash device. But I could be wrong

Old 02-16-2006, 01:17 AM

I have a question for you Dustin and for all of the members with knowledge to answer it.
Is it possible instead of sending you the truck's PCM to be re-programmed , we send you a Xcal2 and you program it with the Whipple calibrations for the S/C, that way we will have the Xcal2 with the Whipple tune for the S/C and the stock tune too ?
Maybe it is a stupid question but i don't know all the capabilities of the Xcal2. Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry, not possible at this time. They require different file formats, since ours are made with 100% OEM calibration software and hardware and the SCT's are a modified version of the stock cals. Someone could possibly "upload" the cal from the PCM and save it to the Xcal2, then modify it, but there are over 20+ cals for the 05-06 models so it would be a pretty large library that could always change. To note, we always work with the latest calibration from Ford, so ours cals will sometimes update previous cals, some may include fixes that have nothing to do with performance.
Thanks,
Dustin
Whipple Superchargers

Old 02-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Just light modifications Dustin, 2006 Mark LT 4X4, 5.4 3V engine with troyer Xcal2, troyer electric fans, troyer underdrive pulleys functional ram air hood, plasma ignition booster, 4.56 gears, 24 inch whells,285/40/24 tires and aftermarket catback. That is it.

Dustin, after reading my mods you agree that i don't have to change anything on my fuel system ? My other question is, you said that if we use a smaller pulley to get 10 psi the rwhp will jump from 400 to 450 ? Isn't too much just for a 2 psi increase ? Thanks again and i am very happy with Whipple all over the forum...

Last edited by rafa26; 02-18-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Waiting for your answer Dustin,thanks.

Quote:
Just light modifications Dustin, 2006 Mark LT 4X4, 5.4 3V engine with troyer Xcal2, troyer electric fans, troyer underdrive pulleys functional ram air hood, plasma ignition booster, 4.56 gears, 24 inch whells,285/40/24 tires and aftermarket catback. That is it.

Dustin, after reading my mods you agree that i don't have to change anything on my fuel system ? My other question is, you said that if we use a smaller pulley to get 10 psi the rwhp will jump from 400 to 450 ? Isn't too much HP just for a 2 psi increase ? Thanks again and i am very happy with Whipple all over the forum...

Old 02-20-2006, 10:17 AM
GUYS , I HEARD THAT THERE IS NO UPGRADES FOR A 4R75W TRANSMISSION WHICH COMES IN ALL 5.4 3V ENGINES, IS THAT TRUE ?
IF SO, WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO IF I RUN HIGH PSIs ON MY ENGINE. IS THERE ANY BUILT TRANSMISSIOIN WHICH WILL FIT AS A DIRECT REPLACEMENT ON MY TRUCK ? THANKS.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Factory Tech Monster Box is a bolt-in. Comes with a full on two year warranty. If it fails, the warranty covers the R&R labor in most cases.

Most guys go with a Factory Tech Plate Kit which shortens shift duration and reduces heat buildup. Then, if and when it fails they step up to the MB.

Call me, I can help.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Dustin , one more for you.

Dustin first thing i want to know is what kind of pulleys do i need to get 12psi, and how much rwhp can i expect with 12 psi and 60lph fuel injectors and new fuel pump. What kind of pump do you suggest ?
Ok guys , too many of you gonna say 60lph injectors for only 12psi !!! That is too much !!! The reason that i want 60lph injectors it's because i know myself and i probably won't last long with 12psi so just in case a future upgrade for 15 or more i will be good to go with 60lph injectors.
I don't want to install 48 injectors now and have to replace them after a boost upgrade, that is a waste of money, parts and labor.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by wstafford
Tune aint going to matter with that blower sitting up there!
Take a look on this link man !!!
http://www.decolabs.com/index.php?cPath=38

Last edited by rafa26; 02-22-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Take a look on this link man !!!
http://www.decolabs.com/index.php?cPath=38
"cool" Hey, 60s and 15 pounds! AllI can say is
When Is your S/C going on? Are you going to dyno it with the stock Whipple tune before you change it?

Old 02-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by wstafford
"cool" Hey, 60s and 15 pounds! AllI can say is
When Is your S/C going on? Are you going to dyno it with the stock Whipple tune before you change it?
Will be installed friday, i will use whipple's tune first, i emailed Dustin Whipple and ask him for a quote on 15psi pulleys and 51lph injector, he said that i can use my stock pump for up to 500rwhp so i won't buy one for know and answering your question, yes soon as i install the S/C, i will dyno the truck with Whipple's tune before i go to 15psi. Take a look on the link at the end, it's a water/methanol injection system, this thing is awesome too and i am considering in buying instead of the Icee Chiller, it does the same job as the Icee Chiller, it does the same job but we don't have to run the A/C all the time which is an issue. Take a look on their website and try to understand how the system works, we can use high PSIs like 16, 18 or more with 0 timing and sometimes, increase timing instead of decreasing as everybody with high boost must do in order to avoid detonation, you can program the level of pressure when the system starts injecting water/methanol and also there is a brand new device that interacts with the PCM and can decrease boost and timing automatically just in case of a failure in pressure or a clogged valve in the system, state of the art equipment dude, that system rocks and has been approved for other serious performance companies, i almost forgot, don't worry about refueling the system all the time, just to give you an idea, 1 gallon of the mixture on a v-8 truck at normal driving can lasts about 500 miles and that thing is cheap, very cheap. Can you imagine 15psi or more with 91 octane gas and 0 timing !!! Talk to you later...
http://www.snowperformance.net/

Quick Reply: Need Little Help From Supercharger Gurus .