clarion or MTX

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question clarion or MTX

Ok, I have followed this topic for months, and now I got to make a decision. I have emailed several of you to get feedback on satisfaction, and I appreciate your time. I have narrowed it down to the clarion camo (with the optional 10 they are making now) and the amplified thunderform with the 2 -8's. About the same price, easy to install, look good. I get it. But so far everyone says they "sound pretty good" But which one will hit the hardest. I don't want to compete and I don't care about artistically hearing the low's. I want it to rattle my teeth (so Im immature). Will either of these do it for my 500 bucks? Also, crutchfield seems high on prices, do you guys have a good internet dealer that has better prices? Thanks

Old 08-08-2001, 09:21 AM
Travis,

You may also want to check out the JL Microsubs 8".
I have 2 hooked in parallel in my L. and they pound.
They do not take up any seat space what so ever

Old 08-08-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Surfdog
Travis,

You may also want to check out the JL Microsubs 8".
I have 2 hooked in parallel in my L. and they pound.
They do not take up any seat space what so ever
So you mounted one behind each seat? I know someone who mounted the 8.2 right in the middle. I'd like to get the 8.2 (dual 8's) and mount it behind the drivers seat but I'm not sure how it'll fit.

Old 08-10-2001, 04:41 PM
AZ,

I have my 5-Channel kicker amp mounted in the middle and the a
Microsub on each side. My amp is about 19" long-You could use an amp up to about 22" long and still have room for the subs.

I really like the fact that you can still put your seat all the way back on the track and recline it, as if you didn't have any subs.
Lastly, the center console is still fully functional-It may not be with
the 8.2's mounted in the middle.

Old 08-11-2001, 12:45 AM
AZ,

I have my 5-Channel kicker amp mounted in the middle and the a
Microsub on each side. My amp is about 19" long-You could use an amp up to about 22" long and still have room for the subs.

I really like the fact that you can still put your seat all the way back on the track and recline it, as if you didn't have any subs.
Lastly, the center console is still fully functional-It may not be with
the 8.2's mounted in the middle.
Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. Was going to pick up an MTX Thunderform tommorow but now I'm not sure. I could put the 8.2 behind the drivers seat and then the EQX in the middle, keeping the space behind the passenger seat free. Your happy with the sound? I am not after booming bass, I'd like good sound quality and enough bass to fill the cab.

Old 08-12-2001, 12:50 PM
Question Clarion camo sub for 2001?

I myself was going to pick up a clarion pswff150 camo subwoofer for my 2001 lightning. Clarion's web site does not have a listing for the 2001. Several other site's list the same product for 97-01 reg-cabs. I have not been able to locate the new 10" size I keep hearing about. any help with info on these topics would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-13-2001, 11:01 AM
If the 8.2 fits, you should try it. My (2) sub's give way more bass than I really need.
Carsound's forum made me a believer in the JL Microsub's-Very impressive feedback for such small sub's

Old 08-13-2001, 10:51 PM
If the 8.2 fits, you should try it. My (2) sub's give way more bass than I really need.
Carsound's forum made me a believer in the JL Microsub's-Very impressive feedback for such small sub's
Yeah, I have heard good things about the microsubs. I ended up getting the Thunderform it can take more power and without hearing the 8's in person I wasn't sure they would provide enough thump. I put 300 watts to the MTX's and they sound really good. I posted some more pictures on my website of the install, look under Misc, then Lightning Audio. Here's a shot of the component placement without the seats in.

Old 08-14-2001, 11:53 AM
Az,

'Look'n good and I see the Audio Control is next in line.

I know you have the PPI amps. I am thinking of getting (2) of their new one's (PCX280 and PC1400) to replace my 5-channel Kicker.
The thing I don't like on the Kicker is the lack of cross over adjustment (70 and 110) only.

Old 08-14-2001, 02:57 PM
Az,

'Look'n good and I see the Audio Control is next in line.

I know you have the PPI amps. I am thinking of getting (2) of their new one's (PCX280 and PC1400) to replace my 5-channel Kicker.
The thing I don't like on the Kicker is the lack of cross over adjustment (70 and 110) only.
Thanks. Looking thru the catalogs I am amazed at the number of features the newer amps today come with. Variable crossovers, signal pass thrus, bass attenuators..... My PPI's are definately showing their age RCA's in and speaker wires out, no frills. I have always used PPI stuff, saw enough cars down here with them and bought a 2050 back in 1990, still have it, then I bought these other two used a year later. The amps and EQX have seen 6 vehicles. Post some pics of your project when you get done.

Quick Reply: clarion or MTX