What u guys think bout this?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XPerties
I just wish for once I could run into one of you smartass in real life. I guarantee you wouldn't be so f#@king c0cky. The internet is contaminated with germs like you. Try to clean the environment up and treat people the way you want to be treated.....oh wait, guess that's the type of manners your mother showed you when being raised.

Good bye.
What I don't understand is why you (and not just picking on you, many others do it too) ramble on about how an average sub is "the best, everyone should have it hands down, no question" without having a lot of personal experience with the other options people are pursuing...and then you guys get all butthurt when somebody calls you out. But now, since you don't seem to want to simply discuss why your memphis sub is the end all of shallows, you turn into the internet tough guy who could whoop anyone's @ss from 3000 miles away through the computer screen.

I agree the internet is littered with idiots, but keep in mind that it is also littered with false information and some people might just have a bit more personal experience than you on the subject.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:48 PM

I was gonna be a smart *** but instead of rattling the hornet's nest, I'll just give my opinion to the OP.

If you want loud, you'll need to concentrate on some factors: air displacement, power, enclosure design, and system tuning.

With air displacement, that's in terms of the subwoofer. You want to move the most air with as little power as possible. This number can be seen as a subwoofer's sensitivity (someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). The higher the sensitivity, the more audio you can get without as much power. Also, get a subwoofer that CAN handle plenty of power.

With power, make sure you are running more than the subwoofer's RMS rated power. The primary reason for this is tuning. Amplifier clipping is almost inaudible, so if you're tuning your system by ear, you will clip the signal at your amplifier long before you actually hear it. So while your 300W amplifier "sounds" fine and dandy pushing your 800W subs, it's actually suffering. Another good thing with running more than enough power for your subs is most amps are rated @ 14.4V, but they usually run around 13V or less. So your 300W amp is actually pushing 250W normally.

With your enclosure design, we can all pretty much say a ported enclosure will be best for volume, which compared to one subwoofer a ported box can give about +3db's of volume. BUT!!! Consider the space under the rear seats of an F150, or any pickup. You have enough room for 1 subwoofer in a BR enclosure., but you have enough room for 2 subwoofers in a sealed enclosure. 2 subs in a sealed box will go lower than a single ported sub.

With system tuning, it's key to make sure everything is tuned properly and to your liking. Cranking bass boost on an amplifier is a bad idea, but hell I was in my bass-head phase for a while and never once had equipment failure due to clipping. I don't condone the excessive use of boosters, but it's your stuff, use it how you like and enjoy life!

Personally, I like the shallow Pioneers. I have one in my g/f's truck and I beat the snot out of it constantly! For one 12" sub, it's quite voluminous. Everyone has their opinions, this one is mine.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by phattacorider
I was gonna be a smart *** but instead of rattling the hornet's nest, I'll just give my opinion to the OP.

If you want loud, you'll need to concentrate on some factors: air displacement, power, enclosure design, and system tuning.

With air displacement, that's in terms of the subwoofer. You want to move the most air with as little power as possible. This number can be seen as a subwoofer's sensitivity (someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). The higher the sensitivity, the more audio you can get without as much power. Also, get a subwoofer that CAN handle plenty of power.

With power, make sure you are running more than the subwoofer's RMS rated power. The primary reason for this is tuning. Amplifier clipping is almost inaudible, so if you're tuning your system by ear, you will clip the signal at your amplifier long before you actually hear it. So while your 300W amplifier "sounds" fine and dandy pushing your 800W subs, it's actually suffering. Another good thing with running more than enough power for your subs is most amps are rated @ 14.4V, but they usually run around 13V or less. So your 300W amp is actually pushing 250W normally.

With your enclosure design, we can all pretty much say a ported enclosure will be best for volume, which compared to one subwoofer a ported box can give about +3db's of volume. BUT!!! Consider the space under the rear seats of an F150, or any pickup. You have enough room for 1 subwoofer in a BR enclosure., but you have enough room for 2 subwoofers in a sealed enclosure. 2 subs in a sealed box will go lower than a single ported sub.

With system tuning, it's key to make sure everything is tuned properly and to your liking. Cranking bass boost on an amplifier is a bad idea, but hell I was in my bass-head phase for a while and never once had equipment failure due to clipping. I don't condone the excessive use of boosters, but it's your stuff, use it how you like and enjoy life!

Personally, I like the shallow Pioneers. I have one in my g/f's truck and I beat the snot out of it constantly! For one 12" sub, it's quite voluptuous. Everyone has their opinions, this one is mine.
fixed...

Old 04-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
It's really all personal preference.
I agree.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:53 PM
10" kicker L7 its comes in a truck box and he has 750 rms going to it.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
JL 13Tw5

Old 04-14-2010, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by JJDH
fixed...
I like that even better!!!

Old 04-19-2010, 01:02 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOO i ended up putting a KICKER comp in there and it slams nasty, i just want to try it out for couple of days, Memphis is SICK, there is no comparing it to kicker bottom line

Old 04-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I TOLD Y'ALL KICKER = best of the best yo

Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by coobies5
I TOLD Y'ALL KICKER = best of the best yo
lawlz.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by coobies5
really? everyone knows memphis is just as good as kicker
Kickers dont even come close to comparing with Memphis.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:08 AM

I just might build a wall for kickers to replace my backseat. I could get the best of both worlds and do 2 memphis and 2 kickers.........Better yet. mtx... now thats where its at.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
quantum audio ftw

Quick Reply: What u guys think bout this?????