speaker recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2000, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I got great sound with my components in the stock location!I managed to squeeze a MBQuart 5.25 and 3/4 inch tweeter in each stock location using a custom made plate.The tweeters come with different mounts including the angle mounts which I played with till I got the sound aimed right in my ears.Some times you can make the best of things if you just put in the effort,You will enjoy the music even more after you have done the work your self.Ive found that I can do a better job most of the time than those mass production install shops.

Old 01-22-2000, 03:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Chris,
I did the tweeter add on in my van and it sounds 100% better.
It's a much better upgrade than installing coax IMHO.

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L Regular Cab 4x2 120" Wheelbase 4 wheel disc brakes/ABS 5 star larait style wheels Toreador Red/Silver 3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL Delta toolbox, Ventshades, Bugflector, Bullrings, Donnelly compass mirror, 2" Rear drop.
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)powered by a Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp
Jensen 50x2 RMS for the 2 Audiobahn AWC10 subs
regcab54@sc.rr.com

Old 01-22-2000, 06:30 PM
While the door panels have changed there is still plenty of room behind them. Imiging will improve dramitacally with an angle on the mid also. Much better than when the speakers were firing at each other. A little extra work and you will be pleased. Got the tip from a local installer.

Todd

------------------
97 White F-150 XLT 4X4 ORP, 4.6, SuperChip, Stillen Air Intake, Gibson Exhaust, Weld Wheels, 33" Bridgestone A/T Duelers, 3" Body Lift, Rancho 9000's, Billet Grill, SmittyBilt Nerf Bars (Stainless), SnugTop Shell (Expo), Electric Sunroof, Super White Headlights.
Future Mods : White face gauge. Supercharger.

Sound System:
Sony ES CDX-C90 Head Unit, Sony ES CDX-91 10 Disk Changer, Sony ES XDP-210 EQ/DSP, MTX Pro 4X75W AMP, Kenwood 300W AMP for Sub., 1 Fared Lightning Monitor Cap, Optima Yellow Top Battery, MTX ThunderForm W/2-8"-4ohm Fosgate Punch XLC, Boston Acoustic Pro Series 6.5 Components in front, Infinity Kappa 5X7 rear.

Todd's Domain

Old 03-30-2001, 04:40 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuvTheC:
Pretty accurate statement. Infinty Kappas are very nice speakers. Great price to boot! I used mine for about six months and I am currently in the process of re-wiring and installing Boston Acoustic Pro 6.5, 2 Way Components. Staying with Kappas in the rear.

</font>
Hey Todd,

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid and where you snagged your BA Pro comp 6.5 from? I am looking at putting these same speakers into my 2001 F-150 SC real soon as I can't stand the factory crap. Also, what other gear are you running (HU, amps, watts, etc...)? Did you do the install all yourself? Take much time/effort? And where did you get the mounting plates for the factory holes to mount the 6" woofers? Sorry for the twenty questions, just trying to figure out if I can just buy everything ahead of time and take it to a pro shop to be installed, or just do it myself.

Thanks and regards,
Jeff in Houston

------------------
* 2001 F-150 XLT Silver FS; 4.6L
* 4x4 ORP
* Sport Package
* 3.55 Limited Slip Rear Differential
* Electronic 4-Spd Auto O/D with Electronic Shift on the Fly
* Remote Keyless Entry
* Sport Cloth Captain's Chairs
* Toff spray-in liner (black)

Quick Reply: speaker recommendation