Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is gonna be s-weet!

Old 04-09-2009, 10:09 AM
I agree its gonna be freaking sweet

Old 04-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

The DIYMA is an amazing driver. It simply disappears, and doesn't overpower your stage.

Console build looks good. Its a stealthy install for sure, and space saving. I just dont think I could tolerate it shaking all the stuff in my console/my drinks and armrest.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
The DIYMA is an amazing driver. It simply disappears, and doesn't overpower your stage.

Console build looks good. Its a stealthy install for sure, and space saving. I just dont think I could tolerate it shaking all the stuff in my console/my drinks and armrest.
I have thought about that and I am going to be utilizing a lot of non hardening modeling clay in hopes of stopping the vibrations. Only time will tell I guess, worst case scenario I will just have to find a new place to keep my stuff other then the center console.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Awesome idea on the being able to view the sub, I was gonna suggest the same thing when I first saw that purty mirrored magnet. Maybe look into getting something etched into it? A couple of our shops that do custom boxes have etched our logo onto it in like the frost white. Maybe even some of that rope led to show it off? I dunno, just throwin ideas out there...

Looks great though man. Dont forget to polish that back of that sub before you mount it so you dont have finger prints all over it.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:22 PM

Looks ugly now!

Is it done yet!

Just jack'n with ya.

Can't wait for the finished product.

PS what'd that sub set ya back? I've never heard of that brand. I haven't been in Car Audio since the days that JL Audio and RF were Kings.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
Awesome idea on the being able to view the sub, I was gonna suggest the same thing when I first saw that purty mirrored magnet. Maybe look into getting something etched into it? A couple of our shops that do custom boxes have etched our logo onto it in like the frost white. Maybe even some of that rope led to show it off? I dunno, just throwin ideas out there...

Looks great though man. Dont forget to polish that back of that sub before you mount it so you dont have finger prints all over it.

I have plans for led lighting with a pressure switch so they only light up when the console is open. I am considering a logo being etched I am not sure what I will have etched if I do. Ideas are more then welcome guys keep them coming

Originally Posted by efuehrin
Looks ugly now!

Is it done yet!

Just jack'n with ya.

Can't wait for the finished product.

PS what'd that sub set ya back? I've never heard of that brand. I haven't been in Car Audio since the days that JL Audio and RF were Kings.
Tell ya what I will get it done just as soon as you get your supercharger on J/k hoping to get it completed this weekend so the next couple days should show some pretty big gains.

Npdang over at diymobleforums.com is having a killer sale on them right now and it only set me back $100 shipped

Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
Tell ya what I will get it done just as soon as you get your supercharger on
OUCH!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 12:42 PM

I thought you might enjoy that

Old 04-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Hurry up!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:02 PM

I am trying guys, but working 10 hours a day kinda hinders my ability to work on it. I swear I will drive directly home and immediately start working on it again. but seriously that is what I am going to do.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:37 AM

Day 3:

Well tonight, I went at it with a reckless abandon. I did not have any interruptions and managed to get a decent amount of work done.

I started off by applying the body filler so that had time to dry while I was working on the fiberglass.

Body filler applied:

Next on the list was to mark off were I was going to need to make the console wider so I took the console back to the truck and got the center lines in and marked.

I then removed a tab on each side of the console that was going to get in the way.

Tab On: (The tab is located next to the oval)

Tab Off:

Old 04-10-2009, 08:37 AM

I then cut my plexiglass, and got the window arranged in the box.

Next I assembled the entire console so I could make the top half of my sub box.

I cut out the widening slots to allow room for the ring.

After all that I lined everything with tape and cardboard so that I could start the glass work.

Resin applied

A roller is your friend when fiber glassing that is all I can say. I don’t know why but in this picture it looks like there are a few air bubbles but there are zero in the glass, so no worries there.

After I got it all covered in resin and 3 layers of glass I let that dry so I could come back to the rear air delete. I got it all sanded down and prepped for the vinyl and glue.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:38 AM

Well after about an hour of gluing, heating, and stretching I got the panel finished, sorry no pics of the stretching.

Finished rear air delete panel:

And lastly I took the shifter back to the truck and reassembled it so I could drive to work this morning and post this up.

Misc Pics:

Old 04-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Bravo!

Quick Reply: Here we go center console sub enclosure build