rockford fosgate shallow mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rockford fosgate shallow mount

do anyone have the rockford shallow mount sub and how do they sound. i just picked up two tens but won't be able to install for about two weeks. just wonder if anyone has them and if they like them. going to be running the rockford punch 500 amp to them.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:44 PM
well i have heard them in the store sounded pretty descent...aint it killing you to wait 2 week for install lol

Old 03-31-2008, 11:54 PM
I have the P3SD210 rockford fosgate sub, I am only running one sub and it sounds good. Make sure you break them in before you pound on them. there are a couple people on here that have them and like them.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by marcolarco52
well i have heard them in the store sounded pretty descent...aint it killing you to wait 2 week for install lol
yeah it is killing me. my truck is getting a complete new paint job done. and it is a 08 with only 2k miles on it. ford paint sucks. this is the second truck i have had with paint issues.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:52 PM
I will be installing my P3SD410 tomorrow or Friday so I will let you know what I think.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I just installed a single P3SD210 running at 4ohms bridge using an RF 301s (300 watts RMS) in a sealed enclosure (.75 cu ft) . I went with the 2Ohm DVCs so I could bridge it to 4 Ohms and get the most from my amp. Considering its small package I'm pretty impressed with it. It won't give you that hard driving earth shaking punch that two 10's would but it's excellent low end fill and if you want to boom it can hit relatively low. If what you're looking for is some nice punch to accent your mids and highs you'll be in hog heaven.

I have 80hz and above going to my full range door speakers and 125 Hz and below going to my RF 10". It blends nicely but to be honest could really benifit from a 6.5" driver in the mix. But then I don't have my doors amplified by anything other than the deck so a little more juice may do the trick too.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:29 PM
how do you properly break in a sub?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I can't tell you how long it actually takes, but a big warning sheet was in the top of the box of my P3SD210. It specifically stated that the woofer chassis and materials are designed to require a break-in period to achieve optimal performance. The sheet claimed that 24-48hrs of normal use is required before optimal sound is achieved. I noticed a discernable difference after the first day, but it also coincided with me properly setting the gains.

The SHORT answer to your question, according to RF, is normal use is all that is required to break in the sub.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:37 PM
They also stated not to "bump" it for the first 48 hours. Just normal listening levels for non high schoolers.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:52 AM
I have the 12 in my SD and it sounds pretty good. I have it in a sealed box behind the seat that a little over one cubic foot of air space, and it sounds pretty good. I'm running 400 watts to it and inside the truck you can feel it pretty good. Two might have been better with such a giant cab, but it works for me cause I could still mount the amps and crosovers behind the seat too. In the back seat you can really feel it and it rattles stuff in the cupholders but its not really like that in the front. As soon as you get outside of the truck you can't even really tell its there unless the doors are open or the windows are down. But I think that is kind of a good thing.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by zachespo
In the back seat you can really feel it and it rattles stuff in the cupholders but its not really like that in the front. As soon as you get outside of the truck you can't even really tell its there unless the doors are open or the windows are down.
Yo' sh*t's WEAK, son! This is UNACCEPTABLE!! You might as well have a midget in the back seat beating on a trashcan if you can't hear your subs outside your car. What a disgrace...

P.S. - Just kidding. I'm young, dumb, and full of... hormones. I like my stuff loud. But then again, I probably won't be able to hear by the time I'm 30. As for breaking in the subs, I was told 10 hours of lighter use (varying the volumes, but never really cranking it up real loud, so that it's not just beating at one level the entire time), but I'm sure 24 hours couldn't hurt. Notice: when I said "10 hours of use", I mean using it for 10 hours, not just having it installed for 10 hours before you crank it up.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by GrifN
Yo' sh*t's WEAK, son! This is UNACCEPTABLE!! You might as well have a midget in the back seat beating on a trashcan if you can't hear your subs outside your car. What a disgrace...

P.S. - Just kidding. I'm young, dumb, and full of... hormones. I like my stuff loud. But then again, I probably won't be able to hear by the time I'm 30. As for breaking in the subs, I was told 10 hours of lighter use (varying the volumes, but never really cranking it up real loud, so that it's not just beating at one level the entire time), but I'm sure 24 hours couldn't hurt. Notice: when I said "10 hours of use", I mean using it for 10 hours, not just having it installed for 10 hours before you crank it up.
Young and dumb Huh? HA! I'm only 20 and i kinda got over that with the sytem in my last truck and that one wasn't even that gnarly. But this is good enough for me. Oh and i was gonna do the breakin thing but i was too impatient. I think i went to about 4 hours before i cranked it up and its doing just fine. But i can definetly tell its gettin more broken cause i am starting to feel it more.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:41 PM
So long as you're running them with clean power, you can 'bump' them all you want. The 'break-in' period doesn't mean "Don't listen too loudly or you'll blow them". It just means that the suspension is stiff from being all new material and therefore will not move as much air (which is why they don't achieve "optimum performance") If you bought a 300WRMS sub. Run it at a clean 300-400WRMS all you want. Nothing's going to happen. If you would like to loosen up the suspension a bit faster though, wire them to a 50W plate amp so they're at Xmax and run them free-air for a bit. Don't get crazy with this, though. Free-air is a whole different ballpark, so you can start bottoming the sub out quick if you give it too much.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I have 2 of them 12" and can not find someone to make a box for them. Everyone says it wont fit under the seats.....

Old 04-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by HEC*
I have 2 of them 12" and can not find someone to make a box for them. Everyone says it wont fit under the seats.....
www.supercrewsound.com

Quick Reply: rockford fosgate shallow mount