factory sub upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
factory sub upgrade

hey guys i have a 2004 lariat super crew. it has the audiophile set up with the factory sub under rear seat. i was wanting to upgrade just the subwoofer
does anyone know the output of the factory amp and the sub's ohm rating? or am i better off just replacing the whole deal??? (i like how clean the factory look is though)
ty sparky

Old 03-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by sparkysakitas
hey guys i have a 2004 lariat super crew. it has the audiophile set up with the factory sub under rear seat. i was wanting to upgrade just the subwoofer
does anyone know the output of the factory amp and the sub's ohm rating? or am i better off just replacing the whole deal??? (i like how clean the factory look is though)
ty sparky
There are several companies that make aftermarket sub enclosures that go under the rear driver side seat. You'll need a LOC to convert line level to preamp level and to find a place to mount your amp. You could also get an amp with high level inputs and run your rear speakers directly into them. There are several options but none are genuinely "plug and play"...

Old 03-05-2008, 12:11 AM
I just got done pulling the Audiophile sub/amp from my F250 and putting in an MTX Thunderform box with two 10's and an Alpine PDX 1.1000. I have not run any wires yet, but the amp is mounted on the rear wall of the cab, behind the rear seat and the box fits neatly under the rear seat.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:55 AM
i have the audiophile but pulled the sub out and put in a shallow mount pioneer WAY better sounding but i also pulled the stock little amp too and put in a memphis mcd250
sound is way better and louder than stock system

Old 03-05-2008, 06:22 PM
ok ty guys, looks like it will be coming out of truck and new stuff going in.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:59 PM
factory subwoofer

anyone looking to sell their factory sub/amp?

Last edited by bhaugen1; 04-25-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: error
Old 05-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by brodystephens
i have the audiophile but pulled the sub out and put in a shallow mount pioneer WAY better sounding but i also pulled the stock little amp too and put in a memphis mcd250
sound is way better and louder than stock system
Are you still using the Audiophile enclosure for the new sub/amp combo? Or not? I am considering using the stock enclosure and changing out the amp /sub. since I have a amp laying around doing nothing!

Old 05-03-2008, 12:52 AM
If you have the factory sub then you wont need a Line Out Converter. I have the audiophile system, or had, wanted to keep my factory head unit and tapped directly into the HU's signal output to factory amp with a set rca's. I will post pics tomorrow and get the wire colors of the factory signal wires.

On the other hand, I would recommend replacing the stock subwoofer box because its plastic for one, and poorly built. Mine split open on the front. Try just a single 10 box to go right where the stock one did, or if you want to spend a little extra get the dual 10's.

Quick Reply: factory sub upgrade