Pioneer Premier stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer Premier stuff?

Just curious why nobody on here seems to ask about Premier stuff... I read through a lot of threads about component sets, amps, subs, etc and it seems to be in two groups: either the Boston/Focal/MBQ guys, or the Rainbow/ID/etc guys (the 'nonconformists') I have owned MBQ Premiums (before they sold out to Maxxonics), Boston Pros, Alpine Type X, and RF Fanatic Qs, and the Premier TS-C720PRS 6.5" components sound more incredible than any of them (to me). They seem to handle more power, they don't have the harsh highs MBQs are famous for, their midbass/midrange perfectly complements subs, and they are absolutely crystal clear. Everybody's got their preferences obviously, I guess I was just more curious than anything if anyone else on here owns any Premier stuff, especially their recent PRS line of amps, headunits and speakers, and if so, what their thoughts on the stuff are. Comments welcome!

Mike

Old 09-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by mikey7182
Just curious why nobody on here seems to ask about Premier stuff... I read through a lot of threads about component sets, amps, subs, etc and it seems to be in two groups: either the Boston/Focal/MBQ guys, or the Rainbow/ID/etc guys (the 'nonconformists') I have owned MBQ Premiums (before they sold out to Maxxonics), Boston Pros, Alpine Type X, and RF Fanatic Qs, and the Premier TS-C720PRS 6.5" components sound more incredible than any of them (to me). They seem to handle more power, they don't have the harsh highs MBQs are famous for, their midbass/midrange perfectly complements subs, and they are absolutely crystal clear. Everybody's got their preferences obviously, I guess I was just more curious than anything if anyone else on here owns any Premier stuff, especially their recent PRS line of amps, headunits and speakers, and if so, what their thoughts on the stuff are. Comments welcome!

Mike
I feel the same way about the type r line. I think I am there only fan... Lol

Old 09-26-2007, 12:19 PM
only YOU can decide what sounds good, focal/ MBq guys might think harsh highs sound good, I perfer otherwise. I like soft dome tweeters myself always have always will

Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 AM
I have a set of TS-C720PRS and they are a very, very nice set for the price. Although I haven't tweaked them like I would have before I took them out...I was impressed. Especially, with the tweeter...nice rich full sound...but still being transparent.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It comes down to personal taste . I myself, like Premier as well as Pioneer's Elite Home theater components .

Old 09-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by Devildog101
I feel the same way about the type r line. I think I am there only fan... Lol
Make that two fans. I love my type-R's

As for the premier, i have never installed any speakers but a i have a premier head unit that i absolutly love.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by warbat66
As for the premier, i have never installed any speakers but a i have a premier head unit that i absolutly love.
x2. i love my premier head unit.

Trending Topics

Old 09-30-2007, 10:23 PM
After installing a few sets Ive found the midbass to be a bit thick, but livable. Of course the enormous size of the basket is way overwhelming and completely uneeded, although this could be a marketing tactic on Pioneers part to appeal to eyes not ears.

The tweets were fair, but just didnt 'wow' me. They lost a bit of top end sparkle with a bit of gain and appeared 'raspy' when really laying the volume on.

All in all not a bad set for the money, just not my cup of tea.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:07 AM
I just put 4 6x8 Pioneer Premier "D" Series Kevlar speakers in my F-250, and they sound awesome.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:52 AM
+3 on the Alpine R's.

But i really do not like the sound at all of the pioneer C/D series let alone the A/T series. I find them to be a bit plain, there is nothing inspiring or breathtaking. When i heard the speakers in a 98 F150, running off a 700.5 Kicker Amp and 2 kicker CVR 8's in a box underneath the backseat, There was a lack of defination. Maria Maria (Santana, Supernatural), is a song known for beautiful guitars, an awesome percussion line and a clear, precise vocal. When listened to the C's in front and D's in back, I found a lack of beautiful strings plucking from the guitar, Nor a defined vocal. Came off a bit muffled and that was after 45-50 min of different positions and 45-50 min with settings on and off the amp. Out of 100 I would rate near 55ish.

Sorry if I have just ruined your feelings on these speakers. I just do not like the sound. But if you are happy then props to you. I hope i just had a bad set and yours are much better.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:25 AM
You bring up a good point- something I had forgotten up till now. The Alpine Type X 5.25" components- the first set that ever came out back in like '02... They were significantly more clear on guitar. Lots more 'strummy' as you put it I think that is why I'm kind of eager to get back to the Type X and try the new ones out. I've been super happy with these PRS Premiers, but what the 5.25" lacked in midbass causing me to switch, I'm hoping a 6.5" set of Type Xs will make up for, but maintain that strum.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by mikey7182
You bring up a good point- something I had forgotten up till now. The Alpine Type X 5.25" components- the first set that ever came out back in like '02... They were significantly more clear on guitar. Lots more 'strummy' as you put it I think that is why I'm kind of eager to get back to the Type X and try the new ones out. I've been super happy with these PRS Premiers, but what the 5.25" lacked in midbass causing me to switch, I'm hoping a 6.5" set of Type Xs will make up for, but maintain that strum.
Your talking about the SPX-137A, I just sold a BNIB pair of SPX-177A. I would try the SPX-17Ref or Pros (when they come out) if you are an Alpine fan.

Quick Reply: Pioneer Premier stuff?