See ya

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See ya

A few weeks ago I resigned after 7 or so years as a moderator here.
I was the first Moderator that Steve brought on back in the day.

I want to thank the staff for putting up with me over the years.

I also want to wish the new staff the best of luck. Its a tough job and in my opinion it hasnt gotten any easier recently. Be nice to Rockpick. He has a REALLY REALLY tough job now.

Thanks
Doug

Old 08-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for all you have done. Best of Luck.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
One AM...
...when Congress votes for pay raises and moderators leave.

Doug, the times cannot be counted when you have reached out and righted the ship. I want to extend my personal appreciation to you for your efforts and I wish all the best to you and yours in the future.

I don't use this little guy lightly however, you have proven yourself worthy.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We've talked at length, Doug but I want to reiterate that I sincerely appreciate everything that you've done around here over the years. As always, let me know if there's anything you ever need.

Take care, bud. All my best...

-RP-

Old 08-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Take care and thanks for all you have done to help make the site what it is.....

Old 08-18-2008, 12:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Doug,

Thank you for your thankless years of service. You will be missed.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:17 AM
why did doug quit?

Old 09-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by chrism9232
why did doug quit?
Good question.
many reasons
Including the fact that I no longer own a truck. But that happened last year.

The biggest thing was that I was spoiled by the attention and responsiveness that Steve invested in the site over the years and the transition to a corporate site caused me some serious frustration.

I expected that a multi million dollar company could have more resources to put into the site than a sole proprietor, but I found that F150Online was just another site to IB. Treated in my opinion like a red headed step child.

After investing a significant amount of time and energy in trying to get things fixed / corrected, I was just getting more and more frustrated and was turning negative. Since I didnt feel I was making progress, I decided to step away and invest my time and energy in things that I can improve.

Looks like Rockpick has picked up moderation the ball and is running with it. He has a big job in front of him. I wish him and the rest of the new Mod team the best.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Silver_2000
Good question.
many reasons
Including the fact that I no longer own a truck. But that happened last year.

The biggest thing was that I was spoiled by the attention and responsiveness that Steve invested in the site over the years and the transition to a corporate site caused me some serious frustration.

I expected that a multi million dollar company could have more resources to put into the site than a sole proprietor, but I found that F150Online was just another site to IB. Treated in my opinion like a red headed step child.

After investing a significant amount of time and energy in trying to get things fixed / corrected, I was just getting more and more frustrated and was turning negative. Since I didnt feel I was making progress, I decided to step away and invest my time and energy in things that I can improve.

Looks like Rockpick has picked up moderation the ball and is running with it. He has a big job in front of him. I wish him and the rest of the new Mod team the best.
is steve still here i have not seen him post any thing

Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 AM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I remember when F150online used to be different. Way back when I was in high school. I think I've got another account on here, but I'm not really sure. AFAIK, this site was definatly run a heck of a lot better before any of this "corporate" stuff got in the way. But that was when I was much younger, so I didn't really take it into much consideration. I think that since IB has taken it over, it has really turned into a mess. The moderation isn't that great, and even though Stealth is new, and Rockpick has been around for a few years, it still isn't held up that great. Indeed moderation of a forum is difficult, though it imposes other complications when the site is owned by a corporation. Sadly, I knew ever since IB bought this place out, I saw it going downhill. It is still going downhill, but not as much as it used to be. Though, I think that having more and more members is demanding more on the moderators than anything nowadays. The thing is, back when it was newer, around '02 and '03, from what I remember, there were not as many members because people didn't have computers, or never thought of checking out, so there were not as many posts or "problems" to deal with as far as moderation. Now in 2008, there are more people with accessibility of the internet to be able to check out forums such as this one. Thus allowing more people to post, and such. I think that in some ways that is good, and in some ways that is bad. However, if you put a restriction on who can and cannot be a member is somewhat contradicting, especially when it comes down to trying to hunt down fixes for truck problems. Although this site is still halfway decent, it's not as good as it used to be. Can it be fixed? Maybe... but it would take a lot of work.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
We'll miss ya.

To be honest, I only clicked on this thread cause I saw "See ya" and "ManualF150" next to eachother Got my hopes high for a second there!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
We'll miss ya.

To be honest, I only clicked on this thread cause I saw "See ya" and "ManualF150" next to eachother Got my hopes high for a second there!
Don't hold your breath...

Old 09-16-2008, 12:16 AM
I am still kinda new here and do not know the "old ways" but I Admin 2 other boards and mod 1 other, it is a tough job. Its thankless at the very least. Good luck in your new endeavors.