I can see why quality is job 1 has no posts

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2001, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I can see why quality is job 1 has no posts

There is no quality. What you get is what you're stuck with. If you have a problem too bad, they will feel your pain, then tell you they are unable to do anything but your satisfaction is their top priority. And then if you tell them that you won't buy thier product anymore, even though you are still paying on one, the upper management will tell you they don't wish to deal with you. Another unsatisfied customer.

Old 09-16-2001, 03:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have to disagree with you as my truck has done very well in the 22 months and 4 days I had it as I have had no problems out of it except for a flat tire and I put it over 39,000 miles today so quality was job one when they built my truck.

Old 09-16-2001, 03:25 PM
Re: I can see why quality is job 1 has no posts

Originally posted by kilroy2001
There is no quality. What you get is what you're stuck with. If you have a problem too bad, they will feel your pain, then tell you they are unable to do anything but your satisfaction is their top priority. And then if you tell them that you won't buy thier product anymore, even though you are still paying on one, the upper management will tell you they don't wish to deal with you. Another unsatisfied customer.

Heh...

well, after the new tires at 7000k (sidewall tore from bead to center of tread, and it wasn't covered), brakes at 2, 10, and 22,000k (sticking, pulling, and other wonderfull stuff), the wiring replacement at 6,000k, and, the other crap.... i'd like to know where quality stands.

Old 09-17-2001, 11:30 PM
32000 miles on my F150 with ZERO defects. Looks like Ford's not very consistent.

Still, the "other" guys aren't as perfect as we'd like to think. We have a Honda with plenty of warts . . the neighbor's Toyota has been to the shop a few times . . there's enough to go around, the internet just makes it seem worse.

Old 09-20-2001, 02:20 PM
I have to say this is my third Ford Truck since 1991. I love Ford.
What few problems I had was taken care of fast and right. I have had nothing but good service. Maybe it is just the dealers,
Ford has to many awards, etc. not to be the best. I'm sure I might
fill different also if I had problems that were not taken care of.
So hope you have better luck in the further.
Ford is job 1

Old 09-21-2001, 11:46 PM
Angry

I agree, My 2000 F150 has had the engine, trans, and rear end replace and it is not even 1 year old. The engine needs to be replaced again, now Ford is going to buy it back.

Old 09-30-2001, 01:35 AM
Hmmm...this sounds alot like the experience I had with my last pickup...a '99 Chevy Silverado!!! My 2001 SuperCrew is 100 times the truck.

Old 10-02-2001, 12:35 AM
Thumbs up quality job 1

Well, sorry to hear kilroy is having problems..But for me i have a 1994 f350 4x4 offroad 7.3 turbo. The truck has 240k miles on it , i put a new clutch in it at 175k and new injecters at 145k but no other problems. I have had chevy trucks and i have had nothing but problems with them. I will never own another chevy truck! So sorry to hear you had problems i hope you get them fixed.

Old 10-12-2001, 02:01 PM
Your stuck with it? Same here

Here is a letter I wrote ford. Their reply was, "give us a call", this was after I explained to them that I had called 7 times and nothing has happened.

Ford, I had purchased a 2000 F150 supercab from Metro West Ford in Lenoir City Last summer. What I thought was going to be a good experience because it was my first brand new vehicle that I had purchased with no co-signer has turned into a nightmare. First I had no problems purchasing the vehicle, at about 759 miles, the fuel injector went out, well ford had the roadside assistance so Ford sent out Ken Keck towing out of Oak Ridge to pick up my truck and take it to the dealership. When Ken arrived here he was going to connect his wrecker to my truck and he backed his wrecker into the rearend of my truck and I had to get the rear bumper replaced. I was at work when this happened, I was supposed to get off at 5, well the dealership did not get the truck back to me until 6:28. So I had to set here for an hour and a half and wait. About 6 months later, I noticed there was a dark spot appearing in the hood. I took it to Ted Russell Ford on Kingston Pike to have them look at it. Well the body shop manager Bob Isbell said that it was an issue with the pairt and that they would repaint it underwarranty. Well I left it and had to purchase my own rental car for 2 days even though this was not my fault. Well when I got the truck back, I went home and was looking at it and found that there was sand, rocks, and runs in the paint, I called Ford Customer Care center and they had me take it back. I took it back and they repainted it again. Well this when I went to pick it up the Body Shop manager Bob Isbell told me that they just put a few more coats of clearcoat on the hood and that was all they did. Well when I dropped the truck off, I showed the assistant manager of the body shop where the problems were. Apparently he did not convey that to the people who paint the vechicles. When I picked the truck up, you could still see the blemishes in the paint, there is 2 runs in the hood that are very visable, the side of the hood where they taped off is starting to peel. The side fenders had clear coat all over them where they were not properly covered so I had to spend about 3 hours per fender getting the clearcoat off of them and it is still not all off. Yesterday I noticed on the rear door panel, the pouch became disconnected from the door panel and when I tried to pop it back on, the clips on the back broke which nothing was ever put inside that pocket so it should have never came loose. But I determined that since I physically broke it, I will have to replace it at my expense. Well I went to call about my extended warranty becasue at the time I purchased it, my credit was no good or bad but I was 22 at the time and I just did not have any credit so it limited me as to how much I could purchase. The finance manager at Metro West told me that I could come back anytime before the 3 years or 36,000 miles and purchase the extended warranty. Well when I called about it yesterday, I was told that I have to purchase it before 24,000 miles which only gives me about 1200 miles to do that in. That would be no problem normally but when your a student that is paying their own way through college, rent, and a 603.14 a month truck payment, its hard to come up with the rest. I have contacted the customer service assistance group a couple of time and I have never had a resolution. I truly love my Truck but it has turned my complete vision of Ford completely around. I had travled down to my parents home this past weekend to visit and I went over to see my neighbor, I was telling him about my experience with Ford and one of his co workers was there and he said he had the exact same issue with his paint on his truck and ford gave him a new truck. Now I am not asking for a new truck even though mine seems to be falling apart at no fault of mine, All that I am asking is to make it right.

You are right, I called the executive offices of Ford and spoke with them and spoke with Elizabeth and she said. I dont feel that you deserve an extended warranty at our charge. Well the truck is back in the shop with a possibility of a new transmission.

Does anyone know what I can do to get some help?

Old 10-15-2001, 10:56 AM
Get a lawyer. if you are lucky your truck will fall as a lemon they will pay you for it and like a friend of mine with his '99 explorer still has it a year later after being payed out all, but 2k of the money ford owes him.

good luck

Quick Reply: I can see why quality is job 1 has no posts