Fords Blow

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2000, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Fords Blow

Hi! As you can see this is my first time here on the ford forum, what I want to say is not directed to anybody who owns a ford, or anyone on this forum. It is strictly hopefully for someone at ford to see and know that they lost a good customer. I used to be a ford fanatic, nobody cuts down my fords, my baby was a 93 silver flare side. When they came out with the new body style in 97 I had to have one, but I wanted the Torreador(sp?) Red, flare side, extended cab. My husband found me one. We almost made it to the 1 yr. mark, then the sh*t hit the fan, nothing but problems. When I turned the truck off the fan inside would still run and the pass. airbag light would stay on. Had to make appt. for a couple days later, then of course they had to tow it in. They had to put in a new battery, that one was dead overnight. I heard it all, there is a short somewhere, fuse panel is not waterproofed, something in the steering column. They had my truck in the dead of winter for about a month I had a pos aspire. What did ford do for me? They gave me 2,000 to buy another NEW ford. That truck was a LEMON. We did buy another new truck and car, and I decided I wasn't going to own another ford, in other words I WOKE up to the fact that they just did not care about their customers. I now own a 99 Chevy Silverado, ext. cab AND a 2000 Corvette convertible, to think I could've bought fords! To bad for them, I am a Chevy Girl now. My husband has suggested buying a new F250 soon.... HAH! Read my lips....NO MORE FORDS!!!
I hope you people are not offended by this, as it is not directed to those who own fords or love them, I used to be one of you This is purely for the shmucks at ford Motor Co. and I do hope they see this.

Old 11-12-2000, 08:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I happen to be one of those schmucks at Ford... you had a lemon, no doubt about it. I know the feeling. If you look at my sig, you'll see that unlike you, I didn't let it rest. I got all my money back, less $1000 for mileage off-set (I put almost 47,000 on it!) and they paid off my lein, and agreed to reaquire the vehicle. (which they haven't done yet, but that's another story.) I finally got my money 2 weeks ago, so I went out and got my new truck. You should have persued a lemon lawsuit if you felt you had a valid case in your state. Ford sold you a lemon, and should stand behind their product. Period, end of discussion. It might take the threat of a lawsuit to get them to, but they will.

Incidentally, as one of those "schmucks"as you so lovingly referred to us, I am the ONLY fourth generation skilled tradesman in the Rouge Complex... the HOME of FoMoCo... you trash the company and you're trashing my family... everything I am and have become is compliments of Ford. I can't blame you for buying a Chevy after your experience. After my Explorer, if I didn't work for the company, I would have too. Don't blame the whole corporation for a poor dealership experience either. Dealers are the people the customers deal with, and it's unfortunate that all of them aren't held to the same high standards my dealer maintains.

OK, I'm babbling. Sorry on behalf of Ford for your experience, and the best of luck to you.

-Joe-

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)

'00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Holandia Sunroof, built 11/99 picked up 10/00!
List of planned mods: Clear corners and tails, CB wiring, Stainless brush guard, at least 1 set of KCs (probably more!), custom radar detector mount, color matched trailer hitch with stainless steel ball, torsion bar tweak, bug deflector, spray in liner, and a tonneau of some sort...

Old 11-12-2000, 09:38 PM
Banned
The way I see it Ford makes the trucks and the INDIVIDUALLY owned dealerships screw you over. It sounds to me like you had the wrong dealership there honey. My dealer is crap too but the truck is awesome. So I am stickin next to my baby.

Old 11-14-2000, 03:49 AM
Ford No More, if you think your Silverado is going to be perfect you need to go to a Chevy site and check it out, every manufacturer has their problems. Sorry, you had such a bad experience but, what are you hoping your statements will do here? I'm not going to run out and trade my problem free Ford for a Chevy because you had a problem. If you are trying to offer some constructive advice, great, otherwise save your comments for someone who cares. Sounds like you resent Ford and you want to get even with them by trying to cast doubt about them on this message board. If you want Ford to know your are not happy then you should write them, not hope they they will read your message here.

Old 11-14-2000, 02:41 PM
Cool

Sounds like a real fiasco !! I've owned many types of vehicles and quality is important to me. You can get a bad vehicle or dealer with every major brand. You just have to do your research and find what's best for you. The rest is a crap shoot !!

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back,
3" exit Y-pipe, Hellwig rear anti-sway bar,
Rancho RS9000s.

Old 11-14-2000, 08:57 PM
Thumbs up

Perhaps I read this wrong. But, I think you said after 1 year Ford gave you $2000 to buy another Ford truck?

That's pretty darn decent it seems to me! That amount should take care of depreciation on your first truck and maybe more. That you happened to get another truck with problems is certainly possible considering we are dealing with machinery and man-made parts. If the new truck had problems, you should have gone after them again.

I've owned many Fords, Corvettes, Oldmobiles, Chevys and more. Overall, my experience with Ford has been the best of the domestic automakers.

I'm not flaming. I'm just thinking of the problems I've had with Chevy over the years. General Motors never treated me as well as your description of how Ford treated you.

Best of luck on this, though!

------------------
2000 F-150 Harley-Davidson
'99 FLHRCI
'95 XLH

Old 11-15-2000, 12:42 AM
GIJOE I am sorry I did not elaborate a little more. We contacted EVERYONE we could and were told because we were beyond the 1 yr time limit we could not go for the lemon law. Let me tell you it was 1 yr and 1 week. I blame the dealership for their part in it, I know what they are at fault for it is FORD that dropped the ball. Maybe you were one of them that made my truck, I don't know, stuff happens it is not always the assembly person, it could be purchasing, I work for a large co. I know. I don't blame you and I have NOTHING against people who drive fords. We were told we did not qualify for the lemon law by some guy who is sort of a go between for ford and dealerships in our area. He was useless to us, I would've been better off having someone blow the truck up. I loved that truck, it was my pride and joy. Please don't think I have anything against you or others who post on this forum, I do not own a flame suit and don't care to do that!
Well, except for against those "upper management" people at ford!

Old 11-15-2000, 06:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So far I haven't had any trouble with my Ford I had it just over a year and its still going strong and the 5 Fords and one Lincoln I had before this truck never gave me any major problems the only problems I ever had was a dead battery or flat tire and that can happen to any make out there.

------------------
2000 F150 XLT Reg. cab
4.6 Triton Engine
4x2 3.55 rear end gear
sliding rear window
automatic keyless entry
white styleside short box

Old 11-25-2000, 04:05 PM
Angry

To 'Ford No More', the "schmuck" and others...The last Ford I bought was in 1971, and since then have bought Nissan and Acura products (7 new ones in total). There is definitely a difference between Ford and their dealers and these manufacturers AND their dealers...Nissan and Acura stand behind their products and customers. Now the real story....decided to buy a new 2001 Supercrew XLT and wouldn't you know....before I pulled out of the dealer lot I noticed some "standard" XLT items that were suppose to be on the vehicle that weren't. The dealer won't do diddly unless he's reimbursed by Ford....meanwhile I paid for features that were advertised and listed on the XLT spec sheet...and I don't have them.
So in this instance both Ford and this XXXXXXX dealer are on my XXXX list.

[This message has been edited by MrBill (edited 11-25-2000).]

Old 11-26-2000, 12:28 AM
mr bill,
i have to ask you this, why did you leave the lot unhappy? i would have driven back to the door, asked what was going on, and by the response either left in a different truck that had what i wanted, or given them the keys and cancelled payment on my check...there are too many dealers who want your business...not that dealers are great guys or anything, but there are some decent folks out there...btw, i walked on a deal 6 or 7 years ago because the salesman wouldn't fill the car with gas after saying he would...said i took his profit out and he couldn't afford to it...my ***, i gave him the keys, got my check back and told the wife to come on, we're leaving...she was pissed cause it was her new car, but she got over it...lol...the principle of the thing, never leave until everything is just how you want it...later, Rich

------------------
-1999 F-150 4X4 XLT SC
-4.6, auto
-3.55LS
-Westin chrome nerf bars
-dual straight pipes
-hikerdadrich@aol.com

Old 11-26-2000, 08:14 AM
Lightbulb

hikerrich:

I should have finished the story....I left, mistakenly took one of the keys, the dealer still has the truck, and payment will be cancelled Monday morning. Tundra...here I come!!!!!

Old 11-26-2000, 09:58 AM
MrBill,

If your story is in fact total and complete this constitutes fraud, paying for something you did not get.

Ford would not tolerate this at all and neither would any other manufacturer. Get your facts together and contact your Ford zone office. It WILL be rectified but be sure you are correct. Unfortunately I have a feeling your salesman has something to do with this ........ some of them (not all) are pure scam artists.

If you are as satisfied with your new Ford as I am you won't be disappointed.

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, HD electrical and cooling, power seat, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 12-21-2000, 09:49 PM
Mr. Bill:

Just curios, since you are somewhat nearby - would you care to tell me what dealer (or even what town the dealer is in), so that I can steer clear?

I'm only curios...

KK

Old 12-21-2000, 09:56 PM
My truck blows? I didn't know I had THAT feature. How do I access this?

------------------
2000 F150 XLT 4x4 Short Bed. Amazon Green, 5.4L, SuperCab, ORP, Tow Package, Sliding Rear Window, Electronic Shift, Keyless Entry, LT265-70-17 Tires, Clarion Pro Audio, Herculiner Bedliner, Air Silencer Removed.

1994 SVT Mustang Cobra. #1032 of 6009. Black coupe with black leather int., 3.73 rear, Bassani Exhaust, Aluminum D/S, Bridgestone RE-71 255-45-ZR17

My Home Page

Old 12-23-2000, 12:21 AM
Unhappy

First time ford owner, My 2001 supercrew has been in the shop for two weeks! I have driven the rental more than my truck. Found paint problems on rear fender, LONG story dealer painted that fender over, Finally I have my truck and LOVE it. Have owned 4 Z71s 4x4 NEVER any paint problems(all new). Chevy has better quality on carpet, seats, PAINT!, small details FORD over looks. Can not wait to get survey from FORD, I'm going to let them have it!! Making a LONG LIST! of problems and and improvements that should be done to make it better than the Chevy. SO for now LONG LIVE CHEVY Z71s., But the 2001 4x4 supercrew is growing on me.(only have put 600 miles on it so far been in shop)

Quick Reply: Fords Blow