Pre-1997 Models

New and starting a project! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheew! What a Bronco!
I got there expecting to have a couple inch's of lift and mabey running 33's...I got to this guy's house (which was in the worst part of spokane) only to find that this thing was lifted 12"! Wheew! And the guy had 37"x14.5" Toyo's! Man that was the worst ride I have ever felt...and even with the 351 the thing was such a slug and impossible to stop!

I said No thanks, needed way to much work for $3K...

My search continues...I would Kill for a Bronco with a 351, MAF, Running a 5 speed with mabey 35's...but I would never run the 37's...Just a bit to much for me!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Please tell me it had a solid front axle?

Old 07-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by russo2
Please tell me it had a solid front axle?
No! It didn't have a soild front. I looked under and looked at the front boots and such...It was really weird though. Every part of the drivetrain seemed to be stock but the Diff must have been dropped to compinsate for the lift...It drove better then I expected it to though...just way to rough and he wasn't going down on the price at all!
He kept saying, "yeah I got alot of calls of people interested, so my price is firm...You have $3000 worth of tires and rims any way! So the truck would basically be free at this price..."
...yeah ok...

Old 07-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Goin over 6 inches of lift o a TTB suspension is just dumb, it has enough problems stock.
The front diff would have to be dropped with brackets or else it wouldn't be aligned, but the biggest suspension lift is a skyjacker 8" and that itself is almost 3 grand. Did it have a body lift too?

Old 07-03-2011, 01:43 AM
I am would guess so...but I didn't look to much at the lift.
Was all rusted anyway, even though the guy said it was less then a year old...idk, was screaming problems left and right personally.

I would never lift something like that so far...Just plain stupid IMO.

I couldn't even stop it, almost reared a car taking it to a mech to get it checked out.

Quick Reply: New and starting a project! Help!