Pre-1997 Models

95 XLT-2 Probs:ABS light & Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 95 XLT-2 Probs:ABS light & Cruise Control

Hi folks....new to this forum, but member of "Ford F150 forum" too.
Here's what I have:
Truck is a 95 XLT SC/Longbed with 5.0/E4OD.

Prob #1.)Cruise doesn't work. I have checked dash fuse and it's good. Have not done any other tests.
Looks like I already have the re-call "fix" {note blue tag on MC cable}. Looking for troubleshooting ideas.

Prob #2) ABS light {ABS only} comes on & stays on in freezing temps. Over 40º, just fine. I'm thinking prolly moisture in lines freezing. Looking for feedback before I do a line flush.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does your horn work? Your ABS lighr goes off in warm temps, so it may not be a broken clockspring. On my '94, the ABS light is on, cruise doesn't work and horn doesn't work, so I figure I must have a broken clockspring.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Thanks for replying.
Horn works, cab/3rd tail light work, red brake light doesn't come on...all that stuff is good.
Just the ABS light when below freezing {and brakes still work fine even tho the light comes on} and zip, zilch, nada from Cruise.
Like I said...only thing I can think of for the ABS is moisture freezing somewhere in the line/wheel cyls.. The brake fluid is a tad dirty, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's ice. I'll flush it next week and wait for the next freeze and update about what happens.

The Cruise is another matter. I'm wondering if the steering wheel control/switch is fried, or what else it could be. W/airbag, I'm not exactly in an excited hurry to mess with it.....ya know?

Any Cruise control wizards out there?

Old 01-25-2010, 04:08 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
There is a fuse inside that recall harness.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Read these captions, and the links in them:

Old 01-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Vss.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by masseyman
Does your horn work? Your ABS lighr goes off in warm temps, so it may not be a broken clockspring. On my '94, the ABS light is on, cruise doesn't work and horn doesn't work, so I figure I must have a broken clockspring.

same problem with my 94. the ABS issue turned out to be a tiiiiiiny leak in the brakeline going from the master cylinder to the front caliper. once that was replaced, the ABS went away...weird.
but my horn and cruise went too, and its not a fuse. the 90s F series are actually on recall right now for this problem. i just cant get around to taking it in..

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by 94f150girl
same problem with my 94. the ABS issue turned out to be a tiiiiiiny leak in the brakeline going from the master cylinder to the front caliper. once that was replaced, the ABS went away...weird.
but my horn and cruise went too, and its not a fuse. the 90s F series are actually on recall right now for this problem. i just cant get around to taking it in..
Hey Steve83, thanks a ton for for diagrams. My harness connector is leaking brake fluid from the top where the rubber plug is. Called the local Ford dealer and OF COURSE my particular truck, 95 F-150 5.0 V8 IS NOT under recall, so will have to eventually ante up the 20some bucks for the service kit #9F924. 94f150girl, make sure your particular truck is under the recall. Give the dealership your vin number like I did and they can tell you if your in luck, or not like me.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by earnedit3
My harness connector is leaking brake fluid from the top where the rubber plug is. Called the local Ford dealer and OF COURSE my particular truck, 95 F-150 5.0 V8 IS NOT under recall...
That's BS. Call Ford's national customer service hotline, and if they don't agree to have your local dealer fix it free under the recall, call NTSB and complain.

Meanwhile, DON'T park the truck near anything unless you unplug that red switch.

Quick Reply: 95 XLT-2 Probs:ABS light & Cruise Control