This is ridiculous...

Old 12-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 1depd
If I recall correctly, if you have a concealed carry permit, you may carry in the gun free zone, but it has to be unloaded.
Absolutely NOT! At least in my state (Florida). I'm not aware of any state that allows CWP holders to carry in a gun free zone but there may be some. It depends on state law. In Florida all schools, banks, bars, courthouses, as well as a few other places that I don't recall, are no-gun zones except for LE, military and designated security guards.

The gun free zone law (including within 1500 feet of any school) that was passed about ten years ago was a federal law and that would superseed any state law allowing carry. The federal law was over turned in court how ever since it would interfere with travel (and interstate commerece) since many highways and even interstate highways pass within 1500 feet of schools.

FWIW.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bloomberg in all his stupidity has actually come up with a list of six things to do. Five of which I agree with, although I have reservations about the things he wants the justice department to do, since their record isn't too good on guns (Fast and Furious). The first is meaningless and doesn't do a thing to prevent anything. Much of the rest are what was supposed to have been done in the past with background checks.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...-guns/1777889/

Old 12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i agree, the first one is meaningless. What are they going to do? stop the production of dress up kits for rugers's, and other little HUNTING rifles? i have what they consider a high capacity magizine for my .22. WTF Obama? more murders in our cities in the world are done with handguns in the first place. why not stop the production of "military style" handguns? The damn government is getting ready to bite the hand that feeds them.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not typing this twice, but this is how I feel.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/4933417-post15.html

Old 12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by dsq3973
I'm not typing this twice, but this is how I feel.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/4933417-post15.html
"If you really want to do something, take the game console out your home and destroy it along with the games and takes your kids camping, hunting, or teach them a skill instead of letting them rot in front a big screen flat panel with games like C.O.D, W.O.W, and Grand Theft auto."

God stuff dsq^.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Don't put WoW in the same category as C.O.D. and GTA. I agree that parents need to start being parents and teach their kids again. I grew up playing video games a lot but my parents also took the time to teach me things like right and wrong. They didn't try to be my friend. They were a parent.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I'm not the smartest feller, but I do know that tougher immigration laws haven't stopped illegal immigration - it's only made it harder for those doing things legally...

Germany had a school shot up not to long ago, and they have some intense gun laws

And for those of you who don't work in emergency services, I'd rather be shot than stabbed or clubbed to death

Old 12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by joe51
Absolutely NOT! At least in my state (Florida). I'm not aware of any state that allows CWP holders to carry in a gun free zone but there may be some. It depends on state law. In Florida all schools, banks, bars, courthouses, as well as a few other places that I don't recall, are no-gun zones except for LE, military and designated security guards.

The gun free zone law (including within 1500 feet of any school) that was passed about ten years ago was a federal law and that would superseed any state law allowing carry. The federal law was over turned in court how ever since it would interfere with travel (and interstate commerece) since many highways and even interstate highways pass within 1500 feet of schools.

FWIW.
Actually I am talking federal law. It is to time consuming to research all of the state laws. What case overturned the federal gun free law? I haven't heard of any

Old 12-19-2012, 12:41 PM
In back up my comment on the justice dept not doing too well on gun crimes, another Fast and Furious gun was found at a site where a Mexican beauty queen and four others were found dead. Any way you look at it, they are just as guilty as the shooter in these deaths. And many more.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/fas...2/19/id/468289

Old 12-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Obama should worry about the guns he placed in the hands of murderers before trying to disarm the American public:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/...-queen-killed/

Old 12-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by joe51

FWIW.
It has been a while since I enforced FL Law so I had to go back and research. In Florida's case the firearm has to remain in the vehicle unless you are going to a career center that has a range or you are participating in a school sanctioned activities that allow the possession. Oh and the state law in FL is 1000 ft. Also section 775.084 sub(e) specifically state that the penalties contained in the state law do not apply to those licensed under 790.06, which happens to be the concealed carry section of the law.

Last edited by 1depd; 12-19-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Old 12-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Now it seems not only was there an AK-47 from Fast and Furious at the site of the beauty queens death, there also was found a gun from and ex-ATF agent also. Just love how the govt is protecting us all.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-beauty-queen/

Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It is pretty sickening that the Obama administration and his Attorney General are responsible for more deaths with Fast and Furious than the Colorado shooting, the recient Mall shooting, and the Conn. School shooting combined...........but the MSM is going cricket on us.

Heard today that slow Joe Biden is supposed to head up getting all of us law abiding citisens under control. How is that Hope and Change working out so far?

R.I.P. America!

Old 12-20-2012, 02:56 PM
The American knee-jerk liberals are in agreement with the Chinese Communists. Big surprise there.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/in..._132042820.htm

Search this Thread