This is ridiculous...

Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingfish51
And the stupidity starts.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

By her standards, my bolt action M1903 from WWII and M1917 from WWI rifles will be banned as they have bayonet lugs.
This is the most absurd thing, I've...ever.......seen. Seriously, thumb-hole stocks? Is my Turkey gun illegal in her eyes? What a d----bag.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Feinstein is insane. That pretty much sums her up. None of her 'wants' would have prevented Newtown.

Having said that, the entire point of her wanting all of these items regulated is to get a portion of these wants rammed through Congress. Grandfathering in all weapons is ridiculous, but she will try.

Contact your local Representatives and Senators. I already have. If you don't know who they are, use this: http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-l...your-reps.aspx

Old 12-27-2012, 03:18 PM
By her standards, my bolt action M1903 from WWII and M1917 from WWI rifles will be banned as they have bayonet lugs.
Have not read the bill yet, but it appears your M1903 and M1917 would be 'legal', but only if you register them and yourself with the government. They'll need your photos, fingerprints, etc... Oh, and they will want a big fat check as a registration fee, too. Failure to comply will be subject to harsh penalties.

Registration of existing weaponry is vital to the plan. That way, when they officially make your weapons illegal and subject to confiscation, they will know exactly where to go and who to look for.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
Have not read the bill yet, but it appears your M1903 and M1917 would be 'legal', but only if you register them and yourself with the government. They'll need your photos, fingerprints, etc... Oh, and they will want a big fat check as a registration fee, too. Failure to comply will be subject to harsh penalties.

Registration of existing weaponry is vital to the plan. That way, when they officially make your weapons illegal and subject to confiscation, they will know exactly where to go and who to look for.
In actuality, 5 of the weapons I own would be on the ban list, as I am a collector of military type weapons, non of which are newer than 1945. Non of which have ever been considered "assault weapons".
As far as the registration is concerned, I thought that at one time that had already gone to the SCOTUS and been shot down, although not 100% sure. Doesn't mean the idiot liberals will not try again.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM
The way I read the summary you linked, your old guns would be 'grandfathered' in; IOTW, not banned. Sure, new ones just like them would be banned, but the old ones would be 'grandfathered.'

However, under DiFi's new proposal, all 'grandfathered' guns would have to be registered with the government, and if you ever want to transfer ownership of an old gun, background checks would be run (with an appropriate fee, no doubt).

Here's is part of the summary from Feinstein's page:

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

Old 12-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
The way I read the summary you linked, your old guns would be 'grandfathered' in; IOTW, not banned. Sure, new ones just like them would be banned, but the old ones would be 'grandfathered.'

However, under DiFi's new proposal, all 'grandfathered' guns would have to be registered with the government, and if you ever want to transfer ownership of an old gun, background checks would be run (with an appropriate fee, no doubt).

Here's is part of the summary from Feinstein's page:

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
I know that they would be grandfathered. I was using those rifles as examples of the stupidity as they are no different than any bolt action hunting rifle. Again, if I am not mistaken, registration at one time was already found to be unconstitutional. Just cannot remember for sure.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
...<snip>.... Again, if I am not mistaken, registration at one time was already found to be unconstitutional. Just cannot remember for sure.
Keep in mind, Sotomayor has been appointed since the last try.

In addition to this, Ginsburg is getting ready for retirement so the last true center judge will be gone in the next 4 years, replaced ( my opinion ) with another of Sotomayor like qualities.
That stacks most of these hearings 6 to 3 in favor ( maybe 5 to 4 ).

Old 12-28-2012, 08:35 AM
I have a feelin' I'll be quoting Charlton Heston in the future....however, I doubt most of that makes it to law. Just look at the 1994 law that is most likely to happen again, because quite frankly, you can't justify any of the rest.

I'm a NRA Lifer and off all the regs this offers, I'm OK with the magazine piece (even though I think it makes no sense) - other than that...no to all of it.

Everyone keeps quoting the 2nd Amendement, please for the love of God...read the 9th. That is the one that the Fed Gov has overstepped for decades.

I much prefer States regulating per State than sweeping "Federal" action; even though I live in the Peoples Republic of Maryland where they'd love to just take all our guns away - rather the state decided (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-weapons-bans/)

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurts...885/page/full/

Last edited by ryanwagner78; 12-28-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:05 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I didn't read the banned gun list, but was just wondering if it includes the Eric Holder/Mexican Drug Lord Commerative AK-47? If not where can I pick one up, Laredo Neuvo maybe?

I know, I know.....be careful kid you'll shoot your eye out!

Old 12-31-2012, 01:16 PM
The libs want to go after guns, yet the mental health problems are not even being looked at. It seems the women held in the NY death of an Indian has had more than one brush with the law and mental problems. At least for 9 years.
How many of the mass shootings were done by someone who didn't have previous mental health problems. All of which were pretty much ignored.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/31/ny...bled-past.html

Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I firmly believe that we are screwed on this.........we have people with mental health issues that are going to "fix" the gun laws in congress.

There are people who think that Islands can capsize.
Harry Reid has several "invisible" friends (Devon and such)
Diane Feinstein was the last one to conform to Her gun laws in S.F. when she was Mayor.
Our Pres and Atty General are gun runners for the Mexicans.
One Rep from NY introduced a gun ban and included barrel shrouds and didn't know what that was.
None of them know what the difference between semi-automatic and full automatic.
They think that "Gun Show Loopholes" include Bazookas and Grenade Launchers.
AND THEY ARE ALL PROTECTED FROM "US" BY PEOPLE WITH GUNS!

You can't fix STUPID.......Buy ammo for what you got while you still can.
Even Pravda (Russian news paper for those of you in congress) can get it right, (see Frank's thread on Prada)

In the words of Bob Dylan------THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN'

Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM
A "liberals" idea on gun control. Anyone else think this guy should be on the list for mental problems?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...ines-register/

Old 01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Well it's official! No less than ten guns bills were introduced in Congress yesterday. Eight are anti-gun bills and two are bills to do away with gun-free zones. See http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...art-gun-bills/ Hold unto your hats! All hell is about to break loose!

PS

Fox news reported that Joe Biden personally promised the mayor of Boston that "we" (the US) would have an assault weapons ban by the end of January! Sounds like the fix is in!

Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Fox News nailed it again.
We need to get back to our roots in this country before the Liberals take over.

Search this Thread