Agenda 21. Ever heard of it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agenda 21. Ever heard of it?

I know that people here want exciting stories to discuss. People want a hero and a villian. People want one side and another side. This isn't like that.

You may never hear any more about Agenda 21, but it appears that we are all going to "feel" it's effects.

http://my.brainshark.com/False-Choic...a-21-713151488

Old 10-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read about the UN's Agenda 21 several years ago. Scary stuff.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That redistribution of wealth part ( back in the 90s when the US was the target ) is not being implemented in Europe.

Look at France & Germany trying to figure out how to let Greece go bankrupt while not destroying the Euro.
Those countries are looking like they are sorry that the Euro was created, got a bit ahead of themselves in regards to the Euro zone.

If Agenda 21 had implementation in Europe back in the 90s, it is looking like it is falling apart now, else France & Germany would be right on with pumping money into Greece and Italy.

The plans of these think tank, professional students is all good until things start to come undone. Then it is every man for themselves.

What wealth does the US have to redistribute any more ?
The country as a whole owes more than is there ( i.e. debt clock ).

What massive consumption does the US do anymore ?
The US is an inflated #1 economy, China is the real #1 economy these days.

Bet China sat in the Agenda 21 meeting shaking their head in agreement ( like any other meeting ) and walked out with the idea of "sure you go do that, we are staying on our current plan".

Old 10-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Look at France & Germany trying to figure out how to let Greece go bankrupt while not destroying the Euro.
Those countries are looking like they are sorry that the Euro was created, got a bit ahead of themselves in regards to the Euro zone.

If Agenda 21 had implementation in Europe back in the 90s, it is looking like it is falling apart now, else France & Germany would be right on with pumping money into Greece and Italy.

The plans of these think tank, professional students is all good until things start to come undone. Then it is every man for themselves.

What wealth does the US have to redistribute any more ?
The country as a whole owes more than is there ( i.e. debt clock ).

What massive consumption does the US do anymore ?
The US is an inflated #1 economy, China is the real #1 economy these days.

Bet China sat in the Agenda 21 meeting shaking their head in agreement ( like any other meeting ) and walked out with the idea of "sure you go do that, we are staying on our current plan".
I think the one thing the Europeans forgot in their rush to develop the Euro was that when everyone is on the same currency all countries are liable for the debt of the other countries. We have the same issue here. If one state declares bankruptcy the entire country is liable for their debts. The only way for the Euro to succeed is for the stronger countries to continue to support the weak countries. How long are the strong countries going to continue the unlimited support, before they stop or each member country loses it's sovereignty? Stopping is the end of the Euro.

The funny thing about China, is we continue to borrow money from them only to provide monetary aid back to them. It seems a little (very) stupid to me.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 1depd
I think the one thing the Europeans forgot in their rush to develop the Euro was that when everyone is on the same currency all countries are liable for the debt of the other countries. We have the same issue here. If one state declares bankruptcy the entire country is liable for their debts. The only way for the Euro to succeed is for the stronger countries to continue to support the weak countries. How long are the strong countries going to continue the unlimited support, before they stop or each member country loses it's sovereignty? Stopping is the end of the Euro.

The funny thing about China, is we continue to borrow money from them only to provide monetary aid back to them. It seems a little (very) stupid to me.
True that one could say states are to the fed in the US as countries are to the Euro.
Individual states in the US do not have the ability to change policy ( interest rates is one that comes to mind ) to have an impact on the economic situation of the state.

There are state legislatures, but when it comes to federal programs ( administered at the state level ) there is very little the state can do to change things.

The other thing, unless it has changed, state cannot go bankrupt in the US. Counties can for some reason, but as I understand ( or misunderstand ) states cannot go belly up.

The US sending money to China ( or any other country for that matter ) I do not understand in these times. We are borrowing ( or printing ) money to give to someone else. That makes no sense. I don't think individuals take a cash advance on their credit card to give the money to a charity, so why are the feds doing it. Then again, this is part of the spending problem any US gov is in. might only be 10% of the problem, but the solution has to start some where.

Hold on for another downgrade in NOV, the "super committee" is going to have nothing but problems trying to find the cuts required from the debt ceiling increase a few months back.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
The other thing, unless it has changed, state cannot go bankrupt in the US. Counties can for some reason, but as I understand ( or misunderstand ) states cannot go belly up.

Hold on for another downgrade in NOV, the "super committee" is going to have nothing but problems trying to find the cuts required from the debt ceiling increase a few months back.
You are correct. Technically a state can not go bankrupt. They just quit paying their bills and increase taxes. The other option (which in my guess would be what happens) the federal government steps in and provides loans and assistance until the state can get back on it's feet.

I'm not expecting anything major from the "super committee". I think they will pick the low hanging fruit (federal employees and programs that are ending) and not make any substantial changes to any program. The end result is a fail. The problems will not go away, and we will be in the same situation next year.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by 1depd
The other option (which in my guess would be what happens) the federal government steps in and provides loans and assistance until the state can get back on it's feet.
You can bet there will be strings attached by the federal government if this ever happens.

For example, turnover your school system to the feds if you want your state bailed out.

As for Agenda 21, I have not finished the video yet and never heard of it directly, but is sure explains alot.

Trending Topics

Old 10-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I doubt we have too much to fear from Agenda 21. There are laws on the books in the US that predate anything the UN has come up with that pretty much guarantee you have no real ownership over the property you supposedly own.

In many (most?) areas of the US, you do not own the mineral rights under your property. If gold, copper, oil, natural gas, etc., is discovered under the property you own, mining interests can come in and "take" control to extract that resource. They MAY drill underground in such a way that you are not "disturbed", but they don't really have to do it that way. And, if they do use underground extraction, your property may suddenly become a sinkhole.

Municipalities can also take over your property if it is deemed "in the public interest". Maybe they want to build an expressway, developers want to build a shopping mall, a sports stadium, a water treatment facility, whatever. Anything that will potentially increase revenue to the municipality is fair game. Normally, you will be offered "fair market value" for your property, which may be well below anything you could get in an ordinary sale. If you refuse, your property can be "condemned", and you can be evicted.

The real villains are not environmentalists, the ones to watch out for are developers and politicians.

- Jack

Old 10-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
I doubt we have too much to fear from Agenda 21. There are laws on the books in the US that predate anything the UN has come up with that pretty much guarantee you have no real ownership over the property you supposedly own.

In many (most?) areas of the US, you do not own the mineral rights under your property. If gold, copper, oil, natural gas, etc., is discovered under the property you own, mining interests can come in and "take" control to extract that resource. They MAY drill underground in such a way that you are not "disturbed", but they don't really have to do it that way. And, if they do use underground extraction, your property may suddenly become a sinkhole.

Municipalities can also take over your property if it is deemed "in the public interest". Maybe they want to build an expressway, developers want to build a shopping mall, a sports stadium, a water treatment facility, whatever. Anything that will potentially increase revenue to the municipality is fair game. Normally, you will be offered "fair market value" for your property, which may be well below anything you could get in an ordinary sale. If you refuse, your property can be "condemned", and you can be evicted.

The real villains are not environmentalists, the ones to watch out for are developers and politicians.

- Jack

You need to do more reading if you feel that way, Jack.

Quick Reply: Agenda 21. Ever heard of it?