The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

offroading near outer banks

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jordanp252
I went every year growing up. I live 10 minutes from there. That is my old stomping grounds...lol
I hear ya... Weve been out there the last couple years... Getts abit wild for the fast trucks.. we turnt his truck a 2.7 destroying low gear off the line then it dont got alot of room to stop when your moving that fast last year they had 2 blower cars roll cause they had a small hill at the end and they were catching 5-6 of air off them

EDIT: heres a vid of his truck...

Last edited by 77mud; 06-13-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:17 PM
nice.. I planning on being there this year.. Im not going to be in it, but I will be there to watch..

Old 06-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jordanp252
nice.. I planning on being there this year.. Im not going to be in it, but I will be there to watch..
I hear ya if i can get my new engine built and dialed in before it ill be there also granted i dont have any more breakage

Old 06-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I guess this is a good place to tell y'all what I saw last time I went off-road in Corolla. We were just leaving the beach when we saw some out of towners just about frame deep. We stopped to give them a hand. I asked the man if he was aired down and he said yes. When I asked him what his tire pressure was he said it was full pressure (). Anyway, they were in what looked like a Nissan Rogue. They were only equipped with front wheel drive. As we were airing down his tires to 15psi, the husband was telling us how his wife convinced him to drive on the beach and he didn't really want to. She used the "look at all the other people doing it" tactic . After airing them down and some digging we asked him to try to get out by "touching" the throttle. After his tires spun, he kept "TOUCHING" the throttle until we stopped him. Lucky for us, someone with a newer 2 door wrangler the the 6cyl dropped by to give us a hand pulling them out (we were in a 2 door wrangler with the 4cyl.) He pulled them back pretty far onto the harder sand. After giving them a very brief lesson on beach driving, they took off. Luckily they were pretty close to the exit! I made sure I stressed that he had to air his tires back up as soon as possible. I really, really hope he listened. If he didn't, I can't even imagine what their ride home had in store for them!

Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 AM

I didnt air down the last time i went down there for the weekend, since i was on and off the beach numerous times. Truck did fine, just had to work a tad harder to keep rolling. When i did air down back in April i only went down to 35psi (my 35 mud terrains are usually at like 60 so thats still 25psi difference).

Pulled this guy out last time out with full psi in my tires, his right rear was burried, i dont think he has a LS, and definately no locker.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:23 PM
I use to never air down on the beaches.... I would always pull jeeps out, they got ****y and ended up sinking their rigs... Oregon Inlet use to be ruff at the entrance.

Quick Reply: offroading near outer banks