Started my build yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 7Rook7
Awesome tutorial. Im going to attempt most of it this weekend. Question mSall150: How important do you think it is to cover the hole in the door? I just dont want to have to undo it if something happend to a window motor or something.

Yes, I'm actually trying to get this year long stero install finished. Ive got everything purchased finally. Now to get it all in. Stupid cold, wet weather.
If you are using high powered mids in the doors, I definitly recommend sealing the hole. If you use something solid and attach it with screws, it shouldn't be too hard to remove. I would just have to remove a few strips of deadener and then pull out like 4-5 screws per door to remove my aluminum flashing that I used to seal the doors.

But try it without sealing them first if you want. If you have solid enough midbass, then leave it. If you desire more, seal it!

Old 02-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Come april ill have had my 4 channel sitting for a year and not have it in the truck. Also have a viper 5902 waiting to go in....so dont feel bad lol

Old 10-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Selling the truck

Well I never got the build 100% finished before the new truck itch got me. So I am selling my truck. Some of the stereo stuff will be for sale soon in the classifieds. Thanks to all who added comments and suggestions.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:14 AM
::facepalm::

What kind of truck you getting?

Old 10-17-2010, 08:53 AM
lol Well after reading this entire thread from start to finish, it's a little disappointing to see you sell it and move on. But I understand the frustrations completely.

Where in North LA are you from?

I actually have the same avic in my F-150 and also have the 4100 in my Explorer. I love the 4100 and speed and lack of startup time much better than the avic. The only thing I like on this avic is the bluetooth is integrated. I never bothered buying the module for my explorer. If I hadn't bought the truck with the avic, I definately would have gotten another 4100.

And, to answer your question about the sub tuning earlier, the subs are tuned based on the enclosure. The amount of port volume you have (the length of the 2 pvc pipes he used basically) compared to the internal volume of the speaker box after you account for the subwoofers displacement will determine what frequency the subs will be tuned to. Usually around 30-35 hz.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:10 PM
I traded in my truck and got a 08 2wd Avalanche. I know I will be shunned from the site since I crossed to the darkside. But I just really like how it drives.

I am in Haynesville.

I had everything installed on my ford except the custom A pillars for the 4' midrange and tweeters for the 3 ways i had (never got built). I was really pleased with the system, but not with the ride of the lifted truck.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

You can put a nice size box in the avalanche

Old 02-21-2011, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by 7Rook7
I was really pleased with the system, but not with the ride of the lifted truck.
That's why you don't lift the truck unless you plan on doing it for more than just looks.

Quick Reply: Started my build yesterday.