ECM chip and remote start alarms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
DRJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On manual transmissions that grommet is used for the brake master cylinder reservoir, but the auto's have it free

Last edited by DRJ; 02-04-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by DRJ
On manual transmissions that grommet is used for the brake master cylinder reservoir, but the auto's have it free
I thought I didnt remember it in mine. But someone showed it to me recently after I wrecked mine. Might be why... lol.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red

Yellow Circle.
When you said "harder to get to", were you referring to the theives?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:07 AM
As long as it is taped up right... Its all good.
If its not taped up correct what could happen?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Originally Posted by TXhustla
If its not taped up correct what could happen?
Wires can corrode and give troubles to the computer, things short out, etc...

Old 02-05-2008, 04:43 AM
When you said "harder to get to", were you referring to the theives?
Yes, most thieves will attack the inside first then the hood. Or even if they go for the hood. I keep all wires inside of factory loom and electrical tape the entire harness/loom to make it look 100% factory.

MAKE EM WORK!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I think I might be having this problem now. The alarm has been installed for about a month and sometimes when I try to start it either with remote or key, it wont start. I thought it might be my alternator or battery but I had it check out by Autozone and they said it was fine. They said it could either be the starter dieing out or something with the alarm. Does this sound like a alarm problem? If so could this be serious damageing computer, etc???

Old 02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I think I might be having this problem now. The alarm has been installed for about a month and sometimes when I try to start it either with remote or key, it wont start. I thought it might be my alternator or battery but I had it check out by Autozone and they said it was fine. They said it could either be the starter dieing out or something with the alarm. Does this sound like a alarm problem? If so could this be serious damageing computer, etc???
If it was a wire on the injectors, you would have a problem with a cylinder not firing...

Have someone check your starter kill, thats probably your problem. However, I cant really tell whats goin on because Im not there. So, have a reputable shop look it over or if you had BBy/CCity install it, go to a different one.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:59 PM
If it was a wire on the injectors, you would have a problem with a cylinder not firing...

Have someone check your starter kill, thats probably your problem. However, I cant really tell whats goin on because Im not there. So, have a reputable shop look it over or if you had BBy/CCity install it, go to a different one.
It was installed by an AUTHORIZED Autopage dealer. I called Car Toys and they said since they dont sell Autopage they could not mess with it(which doesnt make since to me). I will have BB/CC check it out. How can I tell if the cylinder is not firing?

Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 PM
DRJ
if you have the manuals that came with your alarm it will be a bonus for whoever you take it to 2 check out

Old 02-06-2008, 10:30 PM
DRJ
I had a Lancer in the shop that had 4GA power wire run through the driver's door jamb it caused her some electrical problems.. her mechanic spkoe to me on the phone and was trying to blame the elect. problems on the alarm that we installed, after informing him of his amazingly crappy wire run, he agreed it was dumb and I never seen her after that...

Old 02-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by DRJ
I had a Lancer in the shop that had 4GA power wire run through the driver's door jamb it caused her some electrical problems.. her mechanic spkoe to me on the phone and was trying to blame the elect. problems on the alarm that we installed, after informing him of his amazingly crappy wire run, he agreed it was dumb and I never seen her after that...
What was it doing?

Old 02-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by DRJ
if you have the manuals that came with your alarm it will be a bonus for whoever you take it to 2 check out
Ok course. I have the manuel in my truck. Something told me that remote starts were ify. Im 5 hrs away from the shop that installed it though. But I checked Autopages website and found some dealers in my current vicinity...

Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Ok course. I have the manuel in my truck. Something told me that remote starts were ify. Im 5 hrs away from the shop that installed it though. But I checked Autopages website and found some dealers in my current vicinity...
If done right, they are pretty sure fire.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:00 AM
If done right, they are pretty sure fire.
I just have heard from older guys that remote starts generally mess with ignitions(in a bad way). Hopefully the installers did it correctly though. I will have it checked out by this weekend. If installed wrong could the installion be causing this problem??

Quick Reply: ECM chip and remote start alarms?