Troyer E-Fan

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hivoltagefx4
I had my Troyer E Fan kit installed in June. NO problems at all! It was nice to have this for the summer. The A/C is nice and COLD now!!!! They did have issues with their controllers, but they took care of that a while back. I also have a manual override switch installed should the controllers ever go bad. Go for it!
How much did it cost you to have your kit installed? Did you have to ask to have a manual override switch put in or they do that atomatically?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by 06FX4X4
Do weatherproof connectors come with the kit or would i need to pick those up?
The connectors that come with the kit are all crimp style connectors, If you want the weatherproof ones that these guys here have, you have to purchase them separately.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much did it cost you to have your kit installed? Did you have to ask to have a manual override switch put in or they do that atomatically?
you can install it yourself, i did and i think thats what most people do. it is very easy

and the manual override would have to be put in by you, they do not supply it

Old 10-28-2009, 01:20 PM

I paid $200 to have mine installed along with the over ride switch. I did not have the means to do this at the time. Also, installation depends upon how good you are with electrical as well as wiring.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:39 PM
06FX4

i am in spokane every so often visiting buddies at Gonzaga. If you decided to buy and need help. I can help you out

Old 10-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I have had this kit since the last group buy on them. It is still not installed. It has been sitting on the trunk of my Mustang collecting dust since it showed up. I am not looking forward to this install myself as I hate wiring work of any kind but I have heard over and over how easy it was to hook up.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r
06FX4

i am in spokane every so often visiting buddies at Gonzaga. If you decided to buy and need help. I can help you out
That would be sweet, I probably wont be getting it till around christmas or so. But yeah I'll let you know if i need help when i get it. Do you know how to put in the override switch and where i can get weatherproof connectors and an override switch. Also, what would you want for helping?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Great Info! Any one have a part number of weather proof connectors or where to see them online? I always find great info on this web site.

Last edited by LincolnMarkLT20; 10-28-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r
you can install it yourself, i did and i think thats what most people do. it is very easy

and the manual override would have to be put in by you, they do not supply it
Is this the weather proof connectors?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SU...0/?image=large

Last edited by LincolnMarkLT20; 10-28-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by grizzstang
I have had this kit since the last group buy on them. It is still not installed. It has been sitting on the trunk of my Mustang collecting dust since it showed up. I am not looking forward to this install myself as I hate wiring work of any kind but I have heard over and over how easy it was to hook up.
Honestly, if you can tie a knot in 2 pieces of rope...thats pretty much how easy the wiring is, I hate anything electrical, and I hate wiring cluster#$@%, but this was so simple that you shouldnt be discouraged at all.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by maplesyrup
Honestly, if you can tie a knot in 2 pieces of rope...thats pretty much how easy the wiring is, I hate anything electrical, and I hate wiring cluster#$@%, but this was so simple that you shouldnt be discouraged at all.
When it showed up in the summer time I thought if I F-up my truck I won't be able to go camping so I kept pushing it off until the end of summer. Summer is long over and I still keep pushing it off. I guess I will just have to stop procrastinating and put this thing in. :o

Old 10-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Wanna sell it?????

Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 PM
When it showed up in the summer time I thought if I F-up my truck I won't be able to go camping so I kept pushing it off until the end of summer. Summer is long over and I still keep pushing it off. I guess I will just have to stop procrastinating and put this thing in. :o
hehe:P Well I think you will have no issues doing it at all and if you have any questions, lots of us have done it and I am sure all are willing to help with any issues you run into. The only thing I hated was I didnt have a infrared thermometer so I had to buy one 100 bucks > but now I have one. If you know you are not going to be using the truck for one day, I say go for it.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by maplesyrup
hehe:P Well I think you will have no issues doing it at all and if you have any questions, lots of us have done it and I am sure all are willing to help with any issues you run into. The only thing I hated was I didnt have a infrared thermometer so I had to buy one 100 bucks > but now I have one. If you know you are not going to be using the truck for one day, I say go for it.
tisk tisk... had you had an Edge/gryphon, you would've had one

funny how we all have similar taste. my install is very much like the rest of them

look at all that room!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by LincolnMarkLT20
Is this the weather proof connectors?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SU...0/?image=large
Them are Weather-Pack connecters. I used them but not on the fan connestions. They are rated for 20 amps max. I used Metri-Pack 280 series for the fan wires. They are rated for 30 amps. I bought a an assortment kit on ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Weath...Q5fAccessories
Has more than needed. I have used on other prodjects as well. Seller also has individual connecters.
Not to discourage on using weather proof connecters, but, if the relays and the fuse holders are not weather proof, what is the point?
Also you will need a special crimping tool to crimp the terminals properly.

Last edited by 4rd4life; 10-29-2009 at 02:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Troyer E-Fan