Efans Controllers & relays

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Efans Controllers & relays

What is the best (ideal) location to mount or place these electrical components (controllers & relays) ? I have heard of on top the washer fluid tank but I sometimes get water there when it rains or from washing the truck. Is there a better alternative location for the controllers for fans that mount right to the radiator (no shroud around the fans) or a way to help eliminate any problems from water ??

Old 10-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I have seen controller/relays mounted near the battery.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
with my kit, and the one i made for my friend, i put them right behind the headlight on the passenger side on the core support
My '03 mount
His '05 mount

Old 10-04-2007, 07:44 PM
I screwed mine to the core support also , or you could use the fire wall , fender well, whatever makes it easy and a clean look with out the wires running allover the place , I have a spaul duel fan one runs with the ac or hi temp the other one is controlled on by temp.
I also have a hi flow water pump.
PS this is on my vette not F150

Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Behind the passenger side head light is safe and sound.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:01 PM
gentlemen , as anyone had any problems with the controllers / relays on the dual fan set-up from troyer performance ? i just had to replace the primary controller after 13 months . i contacted T.P. and they said i would need to purchase a new controller . i did , in july and now it has went bad . it's starting to be aggravating . i was towing a 5500 lb trailer up hwy 181 and after about 20 mile up the mountain the water temp got up to about 260 deg. so i had to pull over and wait for it to cool down . found out that the controller would not turn on the primary fan but the secondary fan was running , but just wasn't enough . any suggestions ??

Old 10-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Cool efans

hello all you knowlegeabble people what I need to know is what color wire goes to the a/c and the a/c clutch what color are they and where do you splice into them aqt thanks for you help

Old 10-30-2007, 01:08 PM
anyone ever use a fuse block holder or relay holder (made for underhood applications) for the controller and relays and have it work without any problems ?

Old 10-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Safe, dry, climate controlled location...

I put my FAL controller inside the cab, up on the frame, behind the glove box. Needed xtra long 10 gage wires to run back and forth to the battery etc. Also some extra long wires for other controls. Just figured it is clean and climate controlled in there, and not really "wet". I snaked the wires through existing holes inthe frame, came out just behind the rear of the right front tire well. Needed to pull well liner and a piece of insulating foam out of the way.

I have a powerpoint that I can convert to pdf. I'd like to post it as an article but cannot figure out how to do that. Tried contacting the Mods but never got an answer

Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 AM
You can make the PDF into jpgs. Then post them on a photo website and link to them from here.

I have a FAL controller as well and mounted it to the battery cover.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My instructions to my buyers is to mount the controller along side the radiator on the right hand side. This location is close to the battery and to the inlet to the radiator and condensor and stays reasonably dry. Mine has been there for five years and doesn't look (or act) as if has ever been wet.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I know just about everyone mounts the controller in the engine bay. I've also read many a post about controller failure of one brand or another. I just figured I'd go the extra mile (maybe two!) and put it somewhere in an optimum environment. It was a bunch of extra trouble for sure.

It's just me - I tend to over-do stuff. I just like to do things that way (except dishes; I hate doing dishes and I don't go the extra mile there.)

Quick Reply: Efans Controllers & relays