Billet Grill for S-Crew

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Billet Grill for S-Crew

Hello all!

I'm wanting a billet grill to give my S-Crew a brighter "smile"!! I'd like to get one with the middle open for the Ford emblem.

Anyone have any advice, install stories, pics, etc? Also, who sells that particular type of billet grill? What do they usually go for?

Finally, does anyone have billet inserts for the lower valance between the foglights? Pics or a point to a company name would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..
DBC

Old 01-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I installed a grill insert from Summit racing itb is a billett insert that clamps over the stock insert a sets flush with the outersurround. I installed my ford oval over the grill and it looks like it belongs there. I did a little extra spacing to make it a perfict fit but all in all easy install about an hour. if memory serves me right a decent price under $75
Stull also makes a complete shell and insert nice but a lot more pricy!

Old 01-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Old 02-02-2005, 11:08 AM
chucks,
Did you get the upper and lower grill inserts? I'd like to do both, if it's possible. If you have a pic of your truck, I'd like to see how your grill came out. Do you find it's difficult to keep clean? and is there any special upkeep/cleaning you have to do specifically for the grille? They spread a bunch of salt and other chemicals on the roads around here in the winter. I'd hate to invest the money only to have it ate up with corrosioni!
Thanks for replying
DC

Old 02-02-2005, 10:37 PM
I live in south western Pa they use a lot of salt and I drive my truck to work 7 days a week wash it when I can usualy through a brushless car wash and my grill has been on for two winters, it looks as good as new. I believe last spring when I was polishing truck I may have gone over face 0f grill with some cleaner but nothing special no big deal.
I have the upper grill in my truck. I replaced the lower vallence with a truckmaster lower vallence and my intercooler heat exchanger is in the large center opening much like a harley look.
I have thaught of getting a lower grill but I like the black-out look of the lower opening. If you go on to the summit racing.com web sight they have several grill choices and pics they will also send you an excealant free catalague. They are a great company, If for any reason you don't like a product they will take it back no questions asked full refund.
I have always been happy with summit My two choices for parts performance Mike Troyer and second Summit.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:42 PM
chucks,
Thanks for the great info! Where did you get/how much was the lower valance you have? I really like the look of the HD front ends. Also, was it difficult to install? Thanks again for the help.
DC

Old 02-03-2005, 05:42 PM
The vallence also came from summit I believe the cost was around 250 dollars came with good quality driving lights, I believe if you have factory driving lights it is a lot less, and will work with stock lights. You have it painted unbolt the lower piece from the front bumperahs app 10 to 15 bolts and bolt the new one on with new hardware very easy install app 1/2 hour. very good quality and quite durable.
My truck has a three four drop so is quite low, and even though I am carefull I have hit a few things with the vallence no dammage at all other than scraping the paint on the bottom where you can't see it unless you are road-kill. Go on line to Summit they will have pictures and if not they have a link to all the manufacturers and you can see piccs I will have to get my daughter to take a new pic and try to post it I also baught a realy nice hood scoop from a place that makes the origanal ford scoops nice quality and installed with double stick tape no drilling. If you are interested I will finde the web sight.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:50 PM
DBC
If you are interested in that scoop go to www.performancehoods.com they have a nice scoop good qualiy and reasonable. get it all while you have the spray gun out!!!
Chuck

Old 02-04-2005, 11:12 PM
chucks,
Thanks again for the reply! Those are some awesome scoops! I'd really like to see a picture of your truck, so whenever you get a pic, please send it to me. Thanks again for your help.
DBC

Old 02-05-2005, 06:49 PM
here is a picture of my truck!! just click on the link below.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=5314

Quick Reply: Billet Grill for S-Crew