Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Wheres New jersey

 
  #886  
Old 02-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by smkeater
My night went to @$#% last night. Got called home from work last night by a hysterical wife about water and ceilings that fell. I get home along with having the fire dept out front of the house along all my neighbors checking out the situation. I had approx 3" of water on the first floor do to water line that froze and let go, idiot owners before me left a capped dead line outside in the soffet overhang not insulated. Im in deep as all carpeting, sheetrock, kitchen cabinets, some furniture has to go!!!! Thank god for insurance!!!! I estimate about 30k in damages. Thanks to my fellow firefighters, they had the water cleaned up as well as any fallen sheetrock. Im buying a couple cases of beer tonight.

Sorry to hear man about your house... Best of luck and glad your true friends were there to help you out....
 
  #887  
Old 02-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NJ near the shore,ok not really
Posts: 551
Yea very thankful for friends!!!!!!!! I couldnt clean anything up had to wait for the insurance co. to come out and look, They haave a restoration co. coming in tomorrow to dry out the house. Basically im getting a new kitchen, walls,ceiling and carpeting. Gonna be fun to see the estimate for this job. Pretty much everything that was wet is being replace 100%. On a lighter side how about Anna Nicole kickin the bucket?
 
  #888  
Old 02-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by smkeater
Yea very thankful for friends!!!!!!!! I couldnt clean anything up had to wait for the insurance co. to come out and look, They haave a restoration co. coming in tomorrow to dry out the house. Basically im getting a new kitchen, walls,ceiling and carpeting. Gonna be fun to see the estimate for this job. Pretty much everything that was wet is being replace 100%. On a lighter side how about Anna Nicole kickin the bucket?

Glad to hear they are taking good care of you.....

On Anna Nicole thing, My guess is an OD...
 
  #889  
Old 02-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 361
Originally Posted by smkeater
Yea very thankful for friends!!!!!!!! I couldnt clean anything up had to wait for the insurance co. to come out and look, They haave a restoration co. coming in tomorrow to dry out the house. Basically im getting a new kitchen, walls,ceiling and carpeting. Gonna be fun to see the estimate for this job. Pretty much everything that was wet is being replace 100%. On a lighter side how about Anna Nicole kickin the bucket?
Well I guess it could have been worse, right? I don't know how old the things are that are being replaced, but when it's all done it will be brand new.
 
  #890  
Old 02-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 361
Hey...how is everyone?!!

Not too much action in here lately. Thought I would add a post to my count. But sssshhh, don't let the Texans know.
 
  #891  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
Hey...how is everyone?!!

Not too much action in here lately. Thought I would add a post to my count. But sssshhh, don't let the Texans know.

I am doing pretty well... Just working my *** off and teaching at the same time.. I need a vacation tho...
 
  #892  
Old 02-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NJ near the shore,ok not really
Posts: 551
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
Hey...how is everyone?!!

Not too much action in here lately. Thought I would add a post to my count. But sssshhh, don't let the Texans know.
Well not much to repart here also, just doing the clean-up thing trying to dry out the house. Also adding a post to my count as well.
 
  #893  
Old 02-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 671
Did you get your check yet to replace everything in your house? How is the house drying out going???
 
  #894  
Old 02-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NJ near the shore,ok not really
Posts: 551
Originally Posted by 150Lariat2000
Did you get your check yet to replace everything in your house? How is the house drying out going???
Gotta wait for the estimator to come out tomorrow to see how much work needs to be done should get a check in a week or two, I hope
 
  #895  
Old 02-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by smkeater
Gotta wait for the estimator to come out tomorrow to see how much work needs to be done should get a check in a week or two, I hope

Thats cool!! Good luck and keep us updated...
 
  #896  
Old 02-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NJ near the shore,ok not really
Posts: 551
Will do!!
 
  #897  
Old 02-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 671
Oh, how nice it is to get out of school aka teaching early because of snow... I am currently living in PA while I finish college while teaching.... So happy to get out early.... What is everyone else up to???
 
  #898  
Old 02-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,616
Originally Posted by 150Lariat2000
Oh, how nice it is to get out of school aka teaching early because of snow... I am currently living in PA while I finish college while teaching.... So happy to get out early.... What is everyone else up to???

At 2:20 in the afternoon I would have to guess the rest of us were WORKING!!!!



BREW
 
  #899  
Old 02-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 361
Originally Posted by 150Lariat2000
Oh, how nice it is to get out of school aka teaching early because of snow... I am currently living in PA while I finish college while teaching.... So happy to get out early.... What is everyone else up to???

You're getting some snow already? Not us. How about you Brew? What's going on in South Jersey?
 
  #900  
Old 02-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
You're getting some snow already? Not us. How about you Brew? What's going on in South Jersey?
My mom said they had a light covering at home... Which is about 20 minutes from Brew.... Yeah we been having snow off and on but when they let us go home early, the roads were not even covered and it was not snowing. They were scared of ice and the buses and all... I will tell you the truth, I don't think we could go out early but hey, I am not complaining!!!
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheres New jersey


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: