My NAV/DVD install.. avic x910bt w/sirius

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its under the radio.
If you look at the pics I posted you'll see that I built a shelf that I have the steering wheel control and new sirius module on..well thats the spot the factory sirius was.I just mounted a shelf in its place to make things neater.The antenna unplugs and then remove the square plastic cover and then you can plug the factory antenna into your aftermarket tuner.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the reply. Did you remove the factory sirius from your vehicle? If so is there a power and ground wire that unplug from it? Also I read that you ran the ipod cable to the armrest/center console was there a prefered side to drill the hole? Drill bit size?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Sweet. How much did your pioneer cost? Where?

Old 11-27-2009, 09:42 PM
I ran the cables on the right side.I find the right side easier because the shifter is not in the was and the side panel is easier to pop off.I used a step drill and stopped when the hole was the size of the USB end.I run everything into the console..i just installed a set of fog lights BEHIND the front grill,and ran the switch into the console.I dont want to modify the actual dash.
I did remove the sirius..I have it out in the garage somewhere.To be honest I dont remember if there was a seperate power connection or if it got its power thru the radio.Must be thru the radio because I have no unused wires hanging anywhere.I got the radio on e-bay and the pac steering wheel controls and f-150 install kit thru SonicElectronics.Personally I like sonic more than crutchfield.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:10 AM
resurrecting the thread because im buying the same unit. lol.

how did you bypass the dvd thing? just ground the parking brake wire?

Old 04-05-2010, 08:03 AM
The easiest way to tell you is to send you here..they have pictures ...... http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-bluetooh.html also check out the AVIC website at http://avic411.com/

Old 04-06-2010, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by aggieforddriver
resurrecting the thread because im buying the same unit. lol.

how did you bypass the dvd thing? just ground the parking brake wire?
you have to depin and move the mute pin and ground it with the pbrake.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
you have to depin and move the mute pin and ground it with the pbrake.
thanks. if i am just an idiot and cant figure it (which will probably happen lol) out ill probably talk to you or posttal

but it looks like avic411 is gonna be a handy site once my deck finally gets here.

any suggestions/hints/comments about this deck you guys can give me? im pretty excited about putting it in

Old 04-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I wanna hack it so bad but im not sure how/what to do. Ive got to do a lot more reading on it.

You will hate the volume ****. It is tiny compared to, say, a pioneer single din deck. There is a guy on avic 411 that produced larger ones and sells them for $20 bucks, ill probably be picking one up. Other then that though my only complaint is that you cant flush mount the blue tooth mic. The noise canceling ports are further back on the mic.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Did you hook up the green, pink, and violet/white wires

I just ordered the avix x910bt I already had a pioneer unit with pioneer xm radio and ipod controls, but wanted to upgrade to the DVD/NAV and fill up my whole dash and I like that I can match the color of the other electronics in my truck. but where did you hook up your speed signal and reverse signal wires. and the green says go to the parking brake, but I think that is the signal for the DVD to not play when the truck is in gear. Thanks for ur help.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Do it...........

I wanna hack it so bad but im not sure how/what to do. Ive got to do a lot more reading on it.
Hack it Sundevil, you'll be glad you did. It's really not difficult at all if you have just a little computer skill. I used Diafttia's mods, dated 1/14/10, I believe. You'll find them in the F-series hack section but they work just fine on the X-series. He gives very explicit instructions...just follow them and it works like a champ. If you screw it up you can always go back to stock.....provided you made a backup of course!

Mike

Old 04-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Redeye
Hack it Sundevil, you'll be glad you did. It's really not difficult at all if you have just a little computer skill. I used Diafttia's mods, dated 1/14/10, I believe. You'll find them in the F-series hack section but they work just fine on the X-series. He gives very explicit instructions...just follow them and it works like a champ. If you screw it up you can always go back to stock.....provided you made a backup of course!

Mike
what features open with the "hack"?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Timelessr1
Too many to actually list here....just go to avic411.com and check out the "hacks/mods" area in the F-series section (or X-series for that matter). Should be able to answer all your questions.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Timelessr1
yeah, read up on them on avic411. All hacks/mods for the F series should work on the X as well.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
yeah, read up on them on avic411. All hacks/mods for the F series should work on the X as well.
Cool..thanks...It seems like they dont have a hack for the Z series though..huh?

Quick Reply: My NAV/DVD install.. avic x910bt w/sirius