My NAV/DVD install.. avic x910bt w/sirius

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but are you getting great reception. Put everything back together and go into your settings to see how many bars you are getting for reception bc I would like to know

Old 10-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by posttal
The antenna has worked out great..no problems and it works like a charm.I'f heard from a few guys that say thats where they mounted there antenna.
Hey Sopher..I got my wireing harness from SonicElectronix.com.The pionner has a diagram with it and so does the harness from sonic..you pretty much just match the colors.
I have my factory Nav antenna in the same location. Excellent reception and signal strength. That bracket seems to be made to place the antenna there. Nice write up, by the way. - Og

Old 10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I went ot the SonicElectronix.com web site and could NOT find a harness that looks like it would fit. Do you have a part # ?

Last edited by Sopher; 10-27-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I've got my antenna mounted in the same spot and I've got full reception. All of the factory antennas mount under the dash so there shouldn't be any issues.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Nice install! Just wondering where and how you installed the bluetooth microphone? Also did you have to get the sirius connect kit for pioneer? Does the stereo show artist/song/channel on the display at one time or only one at at a time? Thanks for your time.

**VD

Old 10-28-2009, 12:47 PM
The mic is on the headliner between the sunvisor and mirror..and is really clear.Yes I got the kit and it has a nice sirius screen that you can pick to display the channel..or artist..the catagory ect...The only thing I dont like with the sirius is that you cant change the name on the presets.They just say preset1,preset2 etc...I wish you could actuallt put in a channel name or number.The Ipod screen is great but only with the pioneer connector..I tried my HDTV connector which looks the same but I didnt get the same screen..it did play the songs but without the nice menu.
OH..and since I wrote this I'v installed a back up camera.I could live with out it.It works great BUT.If your in a hurry and backing out of the drive late for work..forget it.I wont come on untill the navigation system goes thru its start up procedure.By that time I'm out the drive and halfway down the street.Its goo donce I get to work..but all in all its just another "Toy".I pulled a 12volt Diode out of an old alternator and I'm running a switch to the camera to turn it on while driving..the diode will keep the back up light from coming on when I do this.I think I will get more use out ot this way.
As far as the harness..I didnt see a listing so I just called and asked .
I didnt buy my radio from them but they were still very helpful which is why I bought the sirius and install kit from them.I Ipod cable I got on e-bay for a fraction of the cost.But if you get it on e-bay check the part number against the one listed under the radio accesories to make sure it will give you all the functions.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Really, with my F90BT the back-up camera comes on as soon as you put it in reverse, even if its right after you start the truck. Thats weird...

Old 10-28-2009, 04:44 PM
I wish mine did..unless I'm missing something the 910bt. First you have to actually select it from the menu..which doesn't appear until the Nav boots up...and then it will come on when put in reverse.But it never comes on by just putting it in reverse and I see no way to make it fully automatic.

Hey Sopher..I just ran across my harness package the part number is FD23B.Save the package because the color code is on the back of it.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:29 PM
That's odd...... mine comes on as soon as I put it in reverse even if the NAV system isn't booted up. Did you go through the menus and select for it to always come on when you put the truck in reverse? Like I said mine works great......

Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Yeah you have something else going on b/c mine comes on as soon as I put it in reverse also.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:32 PM
UPDATE:

Found out that the PAC AFSI-01 is the module to get to retain SYNC AND conenct to factory wires.

Also, the PAC SWI-PS has a newer version called SWI-PSv1 (Sonic seems to be the only ones that have a catalog entry for it)

I'll let ya know how it all goes when I do the actual install.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Fixed it..Seems the guy before me didn't have a rear camera so he cut the purple/yellow signal wire that tells the avic your in reverse and he taped it in the harness.I never even saw it.I thought the AV cable told the avic it was in reverse when the backup light sent power to the camera..My Bad.
Anyway I was off work sick today..to sick for work but not too sick to fix my truck.I found the wire..lengthened it and ran it to the P.A.M module under the dash.
We're good to go now.
And I like my pioneer even more today than I did yesterday.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Sopher..I thought you were looking for the power harness installation kit part number..not the PAC controls...sorry didn't mean to steer you down the wrong road.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:01 PM
I know the PAC interface way is more than the just raw harness way; but at least I can make use of the Sync too.
The PSW-psv1 is a must no matter how you wire up the radio.

In fact I found a Schoche console that will fit including the 6 buttons above the nav. It's black however. So, I ordered some wood grained vinyl so I can re-cover it. Enough to do the console and the shifter console if needed.

Plus the vinyl will fill in the slight void between the nav radio and the console edges.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Just wondering where the Sirius factory module is located? I am wanting to use the antenna from it as well. Thanks.

Quick Reply: My NAV/DVD install.. avic x910bt w/sirius