Midwest CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just so you guys know im not a rap fan persay,i used to be bigger into rap early on in hs...im really a country man and i do love classic rock like aerosmith, ac/dc and the like

ik rap doesn't make any sense and most rappers don't actually have that much ability(btw im ANXIOUSLY awaiting to see how good joaquin phoenix's debut album lol), but im just curious how much 'bump' my cheap system will have lol and you can't really judge that by playing "in color" haha

i have heard put on and it's a catchy song...and im not a huge fan of the song but for some reason when im tired and i put on heartless by kanye i instantly get pumped up

Old 02-22-2009, 01:50 PM
btw jd, how's the lift coming?? i was gunna throw you a pm but i got to anxious and had to install my head unit and i had a cpl buddies to watch on tv for state wrestling

Old 02-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by weshova
and you can't really judge that by playing "in color" haha

You might be surprised by that song

Old 02-22-2009, 07:38 PM
The lift is done!!! Got most everything done yesterday. Today just had to hook up the rear torsion bar drop brackets. I cranked them up just a tad higher than they were too for an additional inch it looks like. Still have to get an alignment and it will be complete! Here is the link to my install thread in the '97+ forums: CLICK HERE

Here is the rake!

And completed:

Old 02-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Looks good!! Now all it needs is some new tires to fill up that empty space and you're set!!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Lift looks awesome! So how was the install compared to the 07?

Old 02-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Install was simple. I think it was easier than the '07 was. Maybe though just because I've had more experience now but I think this trucks suspension was a bit easier to do also. Had no problems anywhere along the way - just took my time, read and re-read the instructions and took it one step at a time. Could've had it all done on Saturday but I didn't want to waste the whole day on it. Only took 1 1/2 hours today to finish it up.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by JD790
Install was simple. I think it was easier than the '07 was. Maybe though just because I've had more experience now but I think this trucks suspension was a bit easier to do also. Had no problems anywhere along the way - just took my time, read and re-read the instructions and took it one step at a time. Could've had it all done on Saturday but I didn't want to waste the whole day on it. Only took 1 1/2 hours today to finish it up.
Not bad, glad to hear it all went well for ya. I am sure some experience on the 07 probably helped out a lot. I am way more confident now since I have had to tear mine apart a few times now.

So..Ready for that body lift now?

Old 02-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So now you getta cruise in it with those little tires for awhile eh

Old 02-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by noblem
So..Ready for that body lift now?
YES! I am excited but it'll be a few weeks for that. I have to work the next 2 Saturdays so after that I'll coordinate with the tech at work that is going to help me install it.

Originally Posted by Bartak
So now you getta cruise in it with those little tires for awhile eh
Yep - hopefully will be getting my taxes done soon so can order everything to finish it up.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Nice work. Was anybody able to stop out and help? It was pretty frickin' cold and windy Saturday, nice to work inside. By the way, you know there are people out there who think just having the rear blocks in would be cool.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:13 AM
lol jump n...theres a chevy duramax that i seen for about 3 months straight that i swear had just the rear blocks in that thing was so raked and it had the stock tires on it....it was about the retardedest pickup i have ever seen

Old 02-23-2009, 01:50 AM
anyone have any troubles in the area running illegal tint?? i got a quote from the tint shop and he said theres a cop thats busting everyone and he reccomended that i didn''t go illegal....i'd really like to get 15% all the way around i think but i think it may be to dark for backing up?? the only tinted vehicle i had was my cutlass but i have no clue wat % it was but it was hard to see backing up

Old 02-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang that was a sweet video JD, and yes krohbar those jet skis are sweet I would love one of those.

Well guys, I got a lot more of the audio ordered, made some good progress on the pods as well. I am hoping by next weekend to have them ready for paint. Its looking like late march as the install date so it should be a 2 or 3 day project.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by weshova
anyone have any troubles in the area running illegal tint?? i got a quote from the tint shop and he said theres a cop thats busting everyone and he reccomended that i didn''t go illegal....i'd really like to get 15% all the way around i think but i think it may be to dark for backing up?? the only tinted vehicle i had was my cutlass but i have no clue wat % it was but it was hard to see backing up
I don't know but if you do go past legal and they bust you, be prepared to remove it. I don't think 15 will be that bad though. Factory from Ford is around 17 to 19 I believe.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area?