Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Northern Virginia Friday Night Meets Thread:

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northern Virginia Friday Night Meets Thread:

By suggestion on another truck forum, Northern Virginian's will be meeting up:

April 22nd at 8pm at the resturants near Dulles Expo Centre

(let's make it near the Wendy's and Chick-Fil-A at the back of the parking area near the tree line, should be enough room for all of us and plenty of dinner options)... easy landmark to find... people from MD can make it down easy by taking the access road... and it's somewhere I know for sure isn't being used by any of the import groups that evening (at least not the VW, WRX, RSX or Civic groups I checked out)....

Reply if you're thinking about joining us... so we have an estimated head count... come out and meet your truck friends and put some screen names to real faces!!

DIRECTIONS:

FROM 495/66:

Follow 495 towards Tyson's Corner Virginia .
You'll take the exit for 66 West towards Front Royal (or if you are coming from the east of 28, take it east instead) from 495 to 66 is about 25 miles.

Look for exit 53B (Centreville/Route 28) and take 28 NORTH.

(when you get off the exit, take the first right, don't go under the bridge and stay to your right, the left lanes will take you across to Braddock Road which you don't want).

Follow 28 north for about 2 miles, you will go through 2-3 stop lights. Watch for a water park on your right, and for signs for Willard Road/Dulles Expo Center.

Turn RIGHT onto Willard Road and immediately get over to the far left lanes (easier said than done, but that late at night you should be okay).

Take your first left into the fast food area (gas station will be on your right, applebee's on your left) and take, again, your first left. Drive all the way to the back and you'll be there.

FROM Rt. 7 and points NORTH:

Follow 28 south, past 50 and your next left will be Willard, take that left and follow above directions.

Hope this helps, we'll see you on Friday!!

Last edited by TurboMonkey; 04-20-2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Thursday nights out way out on the intersection of Route 28 and 7 in Sterling there is a meeting place at the Chick-fil-a. Is this the same place? I used to take my truck there last summer, great cars and lots of people. If so park somewhere with the other F150s. I will be there frequently this summer, cant miss me.

Old 04-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by EddyG88
Thursday nights out way out on the intersection of Route 28 and 7 in Sterling there is a meeting place at the Chick-fil-a. Is this the same place? I used to take my truck there last summer, great cars and lots of people. If so park somewhere with the other F150s. I will be there frequently this summer, cant miss me.

Nope, not quite the same place... Dulles Expo center is much closer to 66 than Route 7... but good to know there is another meet during summer months farther north!

Old 04-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Oh okay I checked on it and the one I am talking about is at Dulles Town Crossing Center every Friday night. Cars, trucks, imports, etc.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:21 AM
Okay... thanks for the update, still not the same gathering... the idea is just the Ford truck owners to start out with...

Hope to see you next Friday!

Old 04-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Turbo, I plan on making it out there Friday night, unless of course some speed bump gets in the way. Otherwise, see ya then!

SL

Last edited by snappylips; 04-19-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:31 AM
I wont be there this weekend but maybe next.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Turbo,

Is the crappy rain gonna be a factor?

SL

Old 04-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Yeah, it might deter some people, but it's not raining right now so I'm still going... hopefully I'm not the only one who shows up!

Originally posted by snappylips
Turbo,

Is the crappy rain gonna be a factor?

SL

Quick Reply: Northern Virginia Friday Night Meets Thread: