Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

2011 Lincoln Mark Lt

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Lincoln Mark Lt

Spotted south of the border http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/02/a...of-the-border/
IMO its so ugly The grill is hideous

Old 08-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Agreed the grill loks horrible lets just hope it never makes it across the border

Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 AM
I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw that picture.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
I saw a pic of that on this site a few months ago... not my taste.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Not my speed but I don't think that the Grill is that bad, I've seen worst. I've never been a fan of the Mark's. I just think that you have more options with Ford brand. Who wouldn't want a Harley, Platinum, Lariat or King Ranch.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
the grill looks like something you bought on ebay

Old 08-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
Not my speed but I don't think that the Grill is that bad, I've seen worst. I've never been a fan of the Mark's. I just think that you have more options with Ford brand. Who wouldn't want a Harley, Platinum, Lariat or King Ranch.
Sadly, many manufacturers make quality cars... but for some people it is the Lincoln, Caddy, Acura, Infiniti, and Lexus names that sell the cars.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
While I am not a fan of that pic- the grill needs some help! The article is clearly written by someone whose not quite sure what time of day it is with regards to the LT clients. The LT was marketed predominently for the west coast/SoCal market. When Ford announced termination of the LT, by close of business that day both Southbay Ford/LM and Galpin (probably 2 of the largest Ford Dealers in SoCal) sold every LT in their inventory. 3 Days later, there were no LT's left in any SoCal dealer inventory. While it's style is for a particular taste, additionally, this is why I purchase my LT in 06:

1. It cost less than a F150 with the same options (I paid $36,800 out the door (tax, license, etc) with Lojack & Sat radio
2. Ford provided all scheduled maintenance free for the 1st year and extended that until this month
3. It came with a 4 year/50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty
4. If the vehicle is ever kept overnight even for repairs I get a free loaner vehicle (the last time was for a routine service/scheduing overload- I got a choice of a HD truck or a Mustang GT).
5. Each time I visit the dealer for any service, in addition to my latte (go ahead and laugh- I did too), I also get a free breakfast (not just a donut- a hot breakfast), lunch or light dinner.
6. The truck is either dusted or washed each visit and there is even a "welcome person" who opens the door for you (just like a valet), greets you and takes you to your assigned service advisor. On one occaison, i had a concern about how the trans was shifting and smell of the trans fluid. The service advisor and Mgr agreed. They kept the truck for a week, fully inspected the truck, requested permission to drive the truck no more than 50 miles with a master tech, and filled the truck with gas (20+ gallons) before it was returned (and no they didn't use anywhere near that much gas)

Yeah, it's a good chuckle when I tell my friends. but ya know, when they have come with me to the dealer, the chuckles diminish and they are almost stunned, then impressed by the atmosphere and the care that we (including the LT) are all given. I have numerous mods that I have done (built myself) to the LT as well, including my ram air intake system, rear sway bar (yes I built the entire assembly including end links myself), Hooker exhaust, 2-piece flush mount bed cover, etc. The mechanics have routinely walked out to deliver the LT, spoken/inquired briefly regarding the mods (mostly wondering where I purchased the mods at) and were all very complimentary and professional in every aspect.

and yes, I'm from SoCal which expains my difference in taste, but like each ouf you have said, that's what makes the world! (grin)

Last edited by beechkid; 08-12-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by beechkid
While I am not a fan of that pic- the grill needs some help! The article is clearly written by someone whose not quite sure what time of day it is with regards to the LT clients. The LT was marketed predominently for the west coast/SoCal market. When Ford announced termination of the LT, by close of business that day both Southbay Ford/LM and Galpin (probably 2 of the largest Ford Dealers in SoCal) sold every LT in their inventory. 3 Days later, there were no LT's left in any SoCal dealer inventory. While it's style is for a particular taste, additionally, this is why I purchase my LT in 06:

1. It cost less than a F150 with the same options (I paid $36,800 out the door (tax, license, etc) with Lojack & Sat radio
2. Ford provided all scheduled maintenance free for the 1st year and extended that until this month
3. It came with a 4 year/50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty
4. If the vehicle is ever kept overnight even for repairs I get a free loaner vehicle (the last time was for a routine service/scheduing overload- I got a choice of a HD truck or a Mustang GT).
5. Each time I visit the dealer for any service, in addition to my latte (go ahead and laugh- I did too), I also get a free breakfast (not just a donut- a hot breakfast), lunch or light dinner.
6. The truck is either dusted or washed each visit and there is even a "welcome person" who opens the door for you (just like a valet), greets you and takes you to your assigned service advisor. On one occaison, i had a concern about how the trans was shifting and smell of the trans fluid. The service advisor and Mgr agreed. They kept the truck for a week, fully inspected the truck, requested permission to drive the truck no more than 50 miles with a master tech, and filled the truck with gas (20+ gallons) before it was returned (and no they didn't use anywhere near that much gas)

Yeah, it's a good chuckle when I tell my friends. but ya know, when they have come with me to the dealer, the chuckles diminish and they are almost stunned, then impressed by the atmosphere and the care that we (including the LT) are all given. I have numerous mods that I have done (built myself) to the LT as well, including my ram air intake system, rear sway bar (yes I built the entire assembly including end links myself), Hooker exhaust, 2-piece flush mount bed cover, etc. The mechanics have routinely walked out to deliver the LT, spoken/inquired briefly regarding the mods (mostly wondering where I purchased the mods at) and were all very complimentary and professional in every aspect.

and yes, I'm from SoCal which expains my difference in taste, but like each ouf you have said, that's what makes the world! (grin)

All the same reasons I bought my LT!!

Old 10-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Not a fan, I dont even think that could grow on me

Old 10-07-2009, 03:01 AM
hell in no way am i saying i like that grill!!

Old 10-11-2009, 12:13 AM
We just go to mark lt launch.

Hi! I live in Monterrey Mx and we received the invitation to asist at Mark Lt Launch. I have to tell the grill looks much better in person than in pictures.

I'm not a Lincoln fan, I preffer the sporty look of my FX4 but i have to admit it really looks much better in person than in picture.

I'm sure north the border is going to have a great appeal.

By the way, here in Mexico the 4X4 Lincoln Mark LT cost MX$599,900 something like US$44,445 Including 15% sales tax (about US$38,645 before sales tax)

Last edited by artgarcia; 10-11-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:58 AM
The Mark LT is staying in Mexico, it was replaced by the Platinum in US and Canada.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Change the grille and it's just fine.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I had a 2006 Lincoln Mark LT 4x4 and it was a great Truck. When I bought it I got $8000 off and a lease reate if 1.9%, which made it cheaper than the Lariat at the time. Also the regular maintenance (Oil Change, Tire rotation and more) was part of the lease for 4 years or 80,000 Km.

Prior to the Mark LT I had an 04 Lincoln LS and now I have a 2009 Lincoln MKS. I guess I have become a Lincoln Guy

Quick Reply: 2011 Lincoln Mark Lt