Old 11-26-2002, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trash day is wednesday at my house?
I vote for a trash day too

Old 11-26-2002, 05:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Jeff,

Instead of helping this guy out you turned it into an off topic thread and everybody else that was involved in this did not help this guy out at all. Now you are putting up bogus E-Mails you said I sent you. You should try to help this guy out to learn more about hsi problem at hand and what he can do to prevent it in the future. You are of no help to the Lightning community. You already blew one truck up thinking you knew it all and you asked for the most aggressive program we had, then you used it with pump gas, burned out a spark plug and now your blaming that on us too. Those are the same parts you sold to the guy who blew his motor, and now you didn't help this guy out at all. Why don't you try to be a man and help people instead of hurting them.

Jim@JDM

Old 11-26-2002, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gee, this went downhill........

Hey Rob, get your new baby yet?

Old 11-26-2002, 05:30 PM
Rob is the man, and I have a JL tune so I'm not in the cult. if you diss the masters, you'll get owned. Jeff, you're not helping anybody, and that is the purpose of this site, so why don't you

Old 11-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by StruckBy99

Rob and Don
I sure would hope that JDM could get your tune right. YOU GUYS HAD THEM TUNED AT HIS SHOP ON A DYNO, RIGHT!

Jason
WRONG

I have had my truck on the dyno with Jim looking on, but that was just to see the gains fron the stock blower to the works blower. That was the only time it was ever on a dyno with Jim supervising the dyno results.

All the programs I have run are the same programs everyone else can get. There were two exceptions to that (1) April of 2001 when I drove to NJ to let Jim use my truck to develop the first batch of 2001 programs. (2) this April when I picked my truck up after the built motor, but that was just a break in program. Becides those two times I have sent my chip into JDM through UPS like everyone else for reburns.

Old 11-26-2002, 06:12 PM
VERY TRUE!
But what if what we were told was supposed to be on the chip turned out to be something else?

Jason
NOW THATS A MAJOR PROBLEM, and exactly why "WE MUST ALL INSIST ON KNOWING WHAT WE JUST PAID FOR"

I'm sure we can all agree that some of us have recieved programs and adjustments we didn't ask for. And I'm also sure there's a possibility one or two of those programs just may have played a part in a blown Motor here or there, thats why we need to know whats on our Chips. AND THATS WHY I'D LOVE TO KNOW THE A/F AND TIMING OF THE CHIP IN QUESTION HERE IN THIS POST ???

Old 11-26-2002, 06:26 PM
Damn. I go to work and this thread shots from 7 to 11 pages......
Well im just gonna sit back and watch the fireworks!!! LOL!!!!

Old 11-26-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
WRONG

I have had my truck on the dyno with Jim looking on, but that was just to see the gains fron the stock blower to the works blower. That was the only time it was ever on a dyno with Jim supervising the dyno results.

All the programs I have run are the same programs everyone else can get. There were two exceptions to that (1) April of 2001 when I drove to NJ to let Jim use my truck to develop the first batch of 2001 programs. (2) this April when I picked my truck up after the built motor, but that was just a break in program. Becides those two times I have sent my chip into JDM through UPS like everyone else for reburns.
You just contradicted yourself. You DID have your truck on the dyno. If your truck was used to develop 01 programs, that would be considered a custom tune for your truck. The tune was based on your truck! Jim likes to say that two trucks are not alike. BUT, if your truck was in Jims' hands for ANY tune, he would have a base for any further tune for future mods. And you didnt do that once, but twice. Base runs for the first 01 programs and base runs for the new blower. Thats called a custom tune anyway you look at it.

Jason

Old 11-26-2002, 06:54 PM
Heck let's push it to 12 pages and get off topic again

How about those Cowboys!

Old 11-26-2002, 07:01 PM
It's not locked ye-et! NANner, nanNer, NANner!

Old 11-26-2002, 07:04 PM
chris how bout double or nothing?? 40 bucks says this thing hits 12 at least

Old 11-26-2002, 07:17 PM
"As f150online.com turns"
"General f150online.com "
"The f150online.com Love Boat"
"The young f150online.com and the restless f150online.com "

Last edited by SpeedJunky; 11-26-2002 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:18 PM
You just contradicted yourself. You DID have your truck on the dyno. If your truck was used to develop 01 programs, that would be considered a custom tune for your truck. The tune was based on your truck! Jim likes to say that two trucks are not alike. BUT, if your truck was in Jims' hands for ANY tune, he would have a base for any further tune for future mods. And you didnt do that once, but twice. Base runs for the first 01 programs and base runs for the new blower. Thats called a custom tune anyway you look at it.

Jason
When my truck was on the dyno this past July it didn't have any of Jims equipment on it. No wide band O2 sensor, and no scan tool. It was only on the dyno to see the before and after HP numbers of the Works blower.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he data logged my truck in April 2001, it was the first 2001's he had been able to work on. I allowed him to use my truck for a two full days so he could learn how the 2001 proccesor and the 90 mm mass air worked. He then took that info and worked on more trucks in the next few months. Then when he got his own 2001 he finally got the programs to his liking.

When I left NJ the next day the truck ran a lot better, but it was far from a finnished program. He still hadn't figured out why the truck went full rich in 3rd gear at the track.

In June of 2001 I bought a 2nd chip from Jim(flip chip) I sent it to him a few times for reburns. He also reburned it at FFW in NH last year. It wasn't until Fords at Englishtown last October that he had a program that I was compleatly happy with.

If you remember back to last year it took, not only Jim but all the tuners a while to figure out the 2001's. So the data logging I had done when my truck was brand new really wasn't a true custom tune. I was doing my part to help the tuner, and hopefully it helped all the other 2001 Lightning owners.

Old 11-26-2002, 07:21 PM
Here is my contribution.

http://www.seizurerobots.com/

Old 11-26-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Shorty
Here is my contribution.

http://www.seizurerobots.com/
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA..... Stick Death

Quick Reply: Shot a rod through my oil pan....