Lightning

Shot a rod through my oil pan....

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i put a dinner plate sized lower pulley on my truck with stock plugs and a chip i bought used and it blew up! someone told me it was JDMs chip...well BOO HOO

just a joke, not saying stock plugs were used in this case

Old 11-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by JeffsLightning
Yep Dan all 1300+.... your are right AGAIN..
Wow, I thought maybe it might have been just in the past, but you seem to like to be a jerk at times, guess I shouldn't have been surprsied....okay, I'll clear it up... In this thread, your posts have been nothing but a smear....anyway... I don't have any grudges against you...

*shrug* I'm done in this one, its the same ole people with the same ole chips on the shoulder spewing the same old stuff... There's nothing to be learned here... Eh, I deal with enough of this blame-game, pass the buck, I won't take responsibility for ANY action crap enough at work, no need to bother spending the energy here too...Now I see how we can have so much politics in our society...time for me to grab some popcorn and move on to some threads that actually have a point.

Last edited by thepawn; 11-26-2002 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:26 PM
its the same ole people with the same ole chips on the shoulder
whose chip JDMs? maybe JLP. oh god thats what I'm running. my shoulder's gonna blow up!

Old 11-26-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by SVTRobG

P.S. Jeff's Lightning, I think that you'd be a lot happier in a KIA Sophia. It's a car much more suited to your hot rodding knowledge and tuning skills.
At least I know how to drive...

Old 11-26-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by thepawn
Wow, I thought maybe it might have been just in the past, but you seem to like to be a jerk at times, guess I shouldn't have been surprsied....okay, I'll clear it up... In this thread, your posts have been nothing but a smear....anyway... I don't have any grudges against you...

No problem on your observations. I just have a problem with people who LIE to me...There are some tuners who have done that. That is why the bitterness..

Old 11-26-2002, 12:55 PM
a little white lie wont hurn anyone.

If telling the truth is right, I dont wanna be wrong

Old 11-26-2002, 12:56 PM
rscoleman,
By the tone of some of the posts I am betting this thread is headed for the lost land of old tuner wars.

I am looking forward to an unbiased opinion on what really did happen to that engine.

If this thread gets locked up, please post the info in a new thread. some of us "newby" Lightning folks may be able to benifit from knowing this info.

Rocks

Old 11-26-2002, 12:57 PM
BUWAHAHAHA

Rob and Don (I dont know about Jim Ritter)
I sure would hope that JDM could get your tune right. YOU GUYS HAD THEM TUNED AT HIS SHOP ON A DYNO, RIGHT! That would make the cost a reburn........lets see $75 for reburn + dyno time + gas there and back + hotel room +.......thats allot for a reburn.

I'm sure EVERY tuner has had a customers engine go at one time or another, its just funny that there seems to be SO MUCH controversy with Jim @ JDM. You dont even hear of the other tuners on here half the time, but when there's a problem, Jim's name tends to come up the most. Just an observation.......

Jason

Old 11-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Jeff Huddleston,

That was just mean. As a tuner I have to be professional, since it wouldn't be professional of me to post my feelings about your actions I will just keep them to myself unless you wish to call me so we can have a one on one conversation. Like I stated in my last post to you, you add drama to the situation. Your last so called friend who blew his motor was not running a JDM chip tuned for his truck. JRock's Side 1 is very mild. Side 2 is very aggressive. Our work order shows here that he has a PSP 6# lower pulley.

JRock,

Feel free to call me at the shop. I will be more than happy to help you out in your situation.

Jeff Huddleston,

So far you've only hurt the people that have problems with your posts. In fact your the one who sold your parts off of your truck that was tuned for your truck and blew up the last guy's engine and blamed it on JDM. To my knowledge you are not an employee of JDM so I suggest you stop selling our products and telling people they will work on their vehicles because you already blew up one truck.

Thank you for your time,

Jim@JDM

Old 11-26-2002, 01:21 PM
quote"As a tuner I have to be professional"
Yep very professional post.. You and I could still have been friends but you have told me just too many lies..Bold face and not as someone else put it little white lies..As far as selling products you better check your references..I'll just let the the evidence that people can gather on their own make their decisions for them.. Thanks for replying because everyone has a clearer picture now of the incident involved here..

Old 11-26-2002, 01:38 PM
Question jeffslightning

I have seen nothing here that would substantiate your claim to lies. Unless you care to be more specific, one could/should consider your remarks to be unsubstantiated.

Why all the drawn out drama and suspence on this one.
People really want the truth...both sides.

Anyone care to really share ALL of the facts and put this long winded thread to rest.

On a side not that is purely MHO,
Since when is ANY tuner responcible for guaranting a tune that is sure to NOT cause damage...you go to a "cat house" without a rubber glove, you take your chances like anyone else.

Old 11-26-2002, 01:42 PM
Re: jeffslightning

Originally posted by andy_cain
I have seen nothing here that would substantiate your claim to lies. Unless you care to be more specific, one could/should consider your remarks to be unsubstantiated.

Why all the drawn out drama and suspence on this one.
People really want the truth...both sides.

Anyone care to really share ALL of the facts and put this long winded thread to rest.

On a side not that is purely MHO,
Since when is ANY tuner responcible for guaranting a tune that is sure to NOT cause damage...you go to a "cat house" without a rubber glove, you take your chances like anyone else.

Well that makes at least 2 of us that are wanting the unbiased story on what happened to Jason's engine.

Rocks

Last edited by Rocks; 11-26-2002 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2002, 01:42 PM

Old 11-26-2002, 01:48 PM
I'm just a dumb-*** Jayhawk in the middle of wheat fields and I know enough to be responsible for high performance modifications to stock motors. Instead of being a cry-baby or finger-pointer, check your friggin' plugs, dyno your motor and get some A/F.

Until you do that I would avoid ignorant maneuvers such as 85mph kick-downs in cold weather with a new tune. I had Jim burn a chip for me and put on a 2lb pulley over a year ago at Ennis. This year at WFC we pulled the chip and found out that it was a J7 race program. I had dynoed the thing and new it was a little lean at 12.7. I took extra care in checking plugs and running good gas. Never any detonation or problems in 9 months of driving.

Oh - that tune which admittedly was a little aggressive for daily street driving netted me 400/483 with a 2# pulley. I've seen 6# tunes not getting the horsepower I did. The point being is I Jim knows how to tune, do you know how to be a responsible owner?

I think my latest JDM tune with the 6lb pulley will confirm that Jim knows how to tune. I need to get to the dyno to prove that. Until then I'm on the safe side of the chip not doing anything to crazy.....we'll maybe just a little crazy.

I admit I have had the most dealings with JDM. I have never been lied to. Sure, I had to wait a few times because of supply issues but you have to expect some of that in custom work. I don't think any of the vendors on the board would purposefully mislead or lie to someone. Two sides to every story as they say.

If you don't like a tuner go somewhere else; it will give tuner time to focus on new products and the level of service he can provide to good customers that take responsibility for pushing a stock motor to its limits.

Old 11-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Jeff H.,

You and I could still have been friends but you have told me just too many lies..Bold face and not as someone else put it little white lies..

We never were friends. I've only spoken to you three times. Twice was on your chip and once was on the 100 MM MAF's. The 100 MM mass air would've never made you happy thats why I never sold one to you.

Lies.... That's the best you could come up with to make people believe you in this post. "He told me bold face lies"

You blew up someones truck and you blamed it on me. With actions like that how can you say we were friends?

Quick Reply: Shot a rod through my oil pan....