Lightning

Shot a rod through my oil pan....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just finished the 4th year (Trouble Free) at the track with my Lightning. In that time I have had several Mods that just didn't work and several different chips in my Truck. I have had some that wouldn't gain over stock in the last 1/8th and some that were leaner than 12.7 (not JDM). I have never found it necessary to try and Blast a Vendor over any issue.

Sal, Johnny Lightning, and Jim @ JDM have traveled countless miles this season to be available at the Tracks for the Lightning Community, Plus, I have never known any of them to be unavailable to answer Questions.

The Tune I have now is because Jim went to all the FFW and to WFC and was available to help all Lightning owners. I didn't have to drive to Freehold NJ.

I believe that Sal and JL were at most NHRA events and WFC as well.

I am proud that My Time is quickest of those who post without Nitrous or Aftermarket Blower, however I am still on the Learning Curve and will rely heavily on JDM for my future improvements.

I would hate to go back to where the only chip available for the Lightning was Hypertech.

My point is that while looking at MM&FF and seeing all that is available to Stang Owners I can see where most Lightning Vendors wouldn't subject themselves to this abuse and aggravation and I would like to see more choices, not less.

FYI, when I sold my PSP Chip I sent it directly to Sal for a reburn for its new application/Owner.

Jim

Old 11-27-2002, 04:22 PM
I can't beleive how long this thread is, damn!

Old 11-27-2002, 04:37 PM
Old 11-27-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by reality1
I have just finished the 4th year (Trouble Free) at the track with my Lightning. In that time I have had several Mods that just didn't work and several different chips in my Truck. I have had some that wouldn't gain over stock in the last 1/8th and some that were leaner than 12.7 (not JDM). I have never found it necessary to try and Blast a Vendor over any issue.

Sal, Johnny Lightning, and Jim @ JDM have traveled countless miles this season to be available at the Tracks for the Lightning Community, Plus, I have never known any of them to be unavailable to answer Questions.

The Tune I have now is because Jim went to all the FFW and to WFC and was available to help all Lightning owners. I didn't have to drive to Freehold NJ.

I believe that Sal and JL were at most NHRA events and WFC as well.

I am proud that My Time is quickest of those who post without Nitrous or Aftermarket Blower, however I am still on the Learning Curve and will rely heavily on JDM for my future improvements.

I would hate to go back to where the only chip available for the Lightning was Hypertech.

My point is that while looking at MM&FF and seeing all that is available to Stang Owners I can see where most Lightning Vendors wouldn't subject themselves to this abuse and aggravation and I would like to see more choices, not less.

FYI, when I sold my PSP Chip I sent it directly to Sal for a reburn for its new application/Owner.

Jim
I had to get to page 15 to read something intelligent.

Old 11-27-2002, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
15........I SMELL 16 com'n

Old 11-27-2002, 05:36 PM
I'm only on page 6...

Old 11-27-2002, 06:22 PM
Did somebody say 16 pages>??? WoW. I am going to go out and do donuts in the snow....well right after I pull my chip out that is. WooooooHoooooooo.

How are you making out with getting yout truck fixed man>??? The dealer or are you going with a tuner motor>??? Let us know. -Mat-

Old 11-27-2002, 07:00 PM
aaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddd ok???

This guy runs a 6lb pulley, throws a rod, and now there is a 12 page post about it that turns into somehow blaming JDM????

I CAN TELL YOU THE REASON THERE IS SO MUCH NEGATIVE CRAP ABOUT JDM ON HERE...

The simple answer is these same clown asses know their bull**** won't be tollerated on other boards. Doug, i think it's time to crack the whip!!!!

I don't care if I tuned your chip, if you put a 6lber on a stock motor, the thing is gonna blow sooner or later. Yours happened to be sooner buddy. Can't blame anyone but yourself.

The simple fact of the matter is if you are having a chip reburned by mailorder, you always list every mod or point of interest. When you get the chip back, call the tuner and read the code to make sure its what's supposed to be there before you put it on your truck. If you want a close to perfect as you can get, you have to have it custom tuned. Other than that , your always taking a chance.

But if your putting a 6lber, your racing the clock to pull your best time before your motor is in pieces. For christ sakes guys, let's use a heads here...

Just for reference, Jeffslightning is a sniveling little bitch who just likes to bring up dead issues like someone cares, just to start trouble. The best part of you ran down your mothers *** crack my friend.

There are plenty more of you out there just like this clown boat. You have nothing to offer the lightning community and your opinions here mean nothing. Take a hint will yeah. The tuner war bull**** is played out. If you are gonna put a 6lb pulley on a stock motor, be prepared for the worst. No tuner's chip is gonna save you. A chip does not increase the strength and longevity of your engine internals. Some of us have not realized this over the past few years. Those who don't learn the hard way and blame Sal, Jim, and Johnny.

Steve should start a new forum called the "Sniveling little Bitches" forum and certain members here should only be allowed to use that forum.

Old 11-27-2002, 07:13 PM
Old 11-27-2002, 07:33 PM
Re: aaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddd ok???

Originally posted by tallimeca
This guy runs a 6lb pulley...........................
Don't sugar-coat it, tell us how you really feel.

That post should break the camels back. If not, I'm leaving for a week, so save the real juicey stuff for next week.
Postponed

Last edited by Redneck Ferrari; 11-27-2002 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:50 PM
Listen, Jason didn't blame JDM so back off. Yup, he's a kid and sometimes kids do dumb *****. Trust me, he'll learn from his mistake. Some guys here have a 'holier than thou' attitude so get over yourselves and cut him some slack.

Personal attacks based on who happens to tune your f150 show what a tool you are.

Old 11-27-2002, 07:55 PM
OK, I officially have no life because I'm on the net now.

Lets all loosen up a bit. Somebody called me out because I have been a member for 2 years and made a # of post comment. # of posts doesn't equal knowledge.....that is demonstrated everyday on this board. But when someone starts making assumptions then I will speak out.

I think every tuner on this board means well. I've bought from several but like, and will continue, to support JDM because he hasn't done one thing to suggest he is a liar or incompetent or whatever bull**** people want to spread. He has been a friend and a wealth of info for me. I'm sure I'd feel the same way about other tuners if I had deat with them as much too. I need to buy some Bogarts through JLP...and I will. I'll buy what I want from whoever I think offers the best product I'm looking.

I never thought I would own a Ford. I bought this L to pacify me until my Z06 came in. I cancelled the Z06 order 3 months after I had the L. I love this truck.....and so do all of you. I have never attacked a tuner and never will. I do my homework and keep certain things to myself. Let us remember that we are a "community" and the vendors are all doing their best to support us!

Peace....out....

Last edited by NeedFourSpeed; 11-28-2002 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:01 PM
i didn't read one word about jdm being blamed one bit,,, as a matter of fact i think each tuner was complimented well in this thread,,,, why are you so paranoid about tuners getting blamed, sounds like you've lost it man,, either that or Jim@JDM and Sal and JL all saved your life in vietnam or something, or desert storm if your not that old yet.

~Toast

Old 11-27-2002, 10:06 PM
Re: aaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddd ok???

Originally posted by tallimeca
This guy runs a 6lb pulley, throws a rod, and now there is a 12 page post about it that turns into somehow blaming JDM????

I CAN TELL YOU THE REASON THERE IS SO MUCH NEGATIVE CRAP ABOUT JDM ON HERE...

The simple answer is these same clown asses know their bull**** won't be tollerated on other boards. Doug, i think it's time to crack the whip!!!!

I don't care if I tuned your chip, if you put a 6lber on a stock motor, the thing is gonna blow sooner or later. Yours happened to be sooner buddy. Can't blame anyone but yourself.

The simple fact of the matter is if you are having a chip reburned by mailorder, you always list every mod or point of interest. When you get the chip back, call the tuner and read the code to make sure its what's supposed to be there before you put it on your truck. If you want a close to perfect as you can get, you have to have it custom tuned. Other than that , your always taking a chance.

But if your putting a 6lber, your racing the clock to pull your best time before your motor is in pieces. For christ sakes guys, let's use a heads here...

Just for reference, Jeffslightning is a sniveling little bitch who just likes to bring up dead issues like someone cares, just to start trouble. The best part of you ran down your mothers *** crack my friend.

There are plenty more of you out there just like this clown boat. You have nothing to offer the lightning community and your opinions here mean nothing. Take a hint will yeah. The tuner war bull**** is played out. If you are gonna put a 6lb pulley on a stock motor, be prepared for the worst. No tuner's chip is gonna save you. A chip does not increase the strength and longevity of your engine internals. Some of us have not realized this over the past few years. Those who don't learn the hard way and blame Sal, Jim, and Johnny.

Steve should start a new forum called the "Sniveling little Bitches" forum and certain members here should only be allowed to use that forum.
Ummm.....right........

Old 11-27-2002, 10:29 PM
Good post Talli..

Quick Reply: Shot a rod through my oil pan....