Lightning

Ok I've given the L ample breakin, now its mod time. Which tuner is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ok I've given the L ample breakin, now its mod time. Which tuner is the best?

I'd have to say its that Sal guy even tho he painted his Black truck Red. I may be wrong tho so let me know.

Old 07-04-2002, 02:21 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
no such thing as a best tuner....even though some children would beg to differ with that statement....

you can't go wrong with anyone of them...

take small pieces of paper,with each tuners name on it and put them on a dart board and throw a dart at it....

or, lay them in a circle, and spin a damn bottle....

Old 07-04-2002, 02:24 PM
There is no "best". Check out all the vendors that support this website, and then talk with them personally to make a decision.

Old 07-04-2002, 02:26 PM
uh oh

Uh oh not again......

Old 07-04-2002, 02:37 PM
DL
Call around, talk to all of them and ask them questions. Check their parts out and order what you want from any of them.

Sal is a nice guy, good products, now most of the chip programs are very similiar between all the tuners.

I prefer JL's DiabloSport chip to run in my 2001 L, some of my other friends run Superchips, AutoLogic. It's up to you...

Good Luck,

Old 07-04-2002, 02:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rut Roh ...

just remember all the tuner's are custom shoppes
and as such, there sometimes is a lag for them to get
teh parts made or shipped.

All the tuners seem to be great people ... just pick one.

Old 07-04-2002, 04:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wendy, Wendy, Wendy........NOW I know why you're called nasty.

It's Sal's Gen 1 Lightning that is black, both the Gen 2's that he has had where red.

All our tuners are good, it's just a personal choice. Guess which one I like

Old 07-04-2002, 04:30 PM
All tuners are not equal. One, therefore, must be better than another. You have to find that out on your own by doing searches and talking to other owners by email.

Old 07-04-2002, 04:46 PM
Wink

I don't know where exactly you live but my tuner is great, if I EVER need ANYTHING he is right there helping me 110%
JJsSVT.com
Never had any problems with my 02

~Cheryl

Old 07-04-2002, 04:54 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
They are all great, yes even JDM.

Okay, w/ that said, I use JL. Whoever you go w/ for about $500 bucks for a chip and a pulley you'll gain approx. 50 rwhp and 100 in tq. at peak, and TONS more from idle up.

See, here is mine BONE stock vs. JL Diablo chip and JL 5# Lower:

Last edited by BfB; 07-04-2002 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-04-2002, 04:55 PM
Right on

I second that Cheryl

JJ does great things for the L community

Old 07-04-2002, 04:58 PM
Why limit yourself to one? Check the sig.

Old 07-04-2002, 09:27 PM
Try them all then decide which one...Then soon after watch everyone on here Bash away at them...As long as they give me good service I'm stayin with JDM!!! I also use Powersurgerperformance.net...They're good too!!!

TeamJDM.com

Chikin@Charter.net
---------------------
Black '01
Born on 5-3-01
#3603 of 6381
424HP/528ft.lbs @ Normal Temp. w/o N2O
LFP 2600 P.I. Stall Converter
JL Logocaps w/Keychain
JL 3# Lower Pulley
Sean Hyland 2# Upper Pulley
JDM Cold Air
JDM Boost Bypass
JDM/Accufab Throttle Body
JDM Longtubes w/ Silver-Bullet cat-back
JDM Cobra R pump
JDM Eletric Fan
JDM 2” Drop Shackles
PSP 4-Way Autologic Chip ( Tow, Street,Track, N20 )
PSP FactoryTech Valvebody
PSP Deep Tranny Pan
PSP DriveShaftLoop
PSP Truck-Traks
PSP Nitrous Plate
Nitrous Express 50-150 Kit ( Can’t decide which jets to use )
NGK / TR6’s ( .040gap )
Bogart Drag-on Stars
28 x 14.5 x 15 Hoosier Quicktime Pros
NEXT:
Built Shortblock w/Ported Heads
Monster Box Tranny
JDM 205 blower and 100mm MAF

Old 07-04-2002, 10:19 PM
the tuner/tunee' relationship is not one to be entered into lightly.
as a tunee' , you will expected to dedicate your upper portion of your windshield to your tuner as free advertising. you will be expected to defend and promote your tuner at all times.if one of your tuner mods is as expected or better than expected, you will publicly post "tuner praise" for all to see. if there is a problem, or the tuner item is less than expected, you should handle it privately, or say nothing at all. you will be expected to tabulate your tuner purchases through the signature feature. each item to be listed separatey, decending order from the most prized to least.you will have to be able to debate, on this and other boards, as to why your tuner mods, are better than others, even if both, are manufactured in China, and simply shipped from your tuner.so, when someone says: "just pick one for Chrissake, their all good!!", just remember, when you do pick one, you are dedicating your trucks intake and exhaust orifices to their genius. and believe me, these guys have plenty of ideas, for your orifices, or something

Old 07-04-2002, 10:28 PM
Ok I know that this is a touchy subject. I'm not trying to start Mod War 3 or anything but they can't all be perfectly even steven. Someone has to have the edge somewhere, be it performance, customer service, product quality, product durability, warranty, SOMETHING. One of the best features of a message board is the sharing of information and opinions so that those that come and walk the beaten path can make better informed decisions. To say that they are all great is understandable, but to say that they are all the same is impossible. Over on www.turbobuicks.com where I'm also a member we gladly post our views and experiences with who does what the best. The result is some pretty damn fast cars (9's on the stock block, crank and rods). Vendors should encourage their customers to tell how they feel about products. If they are good then its a good ... no ... the best advertisement and if its not good well the vendor gets the feedback on their shortcomings and have an opertunity to stand-up and be seen correcting the problem. The latter is the best way to convey that they stand behind their customers, products, and their own name. If infact they are all equal in performace then the way they handle problems would be their most important quality. Sorry this was so long. You guys need to get over someone saying that their modder is the best. If a Tuner has provided services that makes someone feel that they are the best then it should be said because its true - for that person. To argue that how someone feels about their tuner is wrong is just plain ignert.

Quick Reply: Ok I've given the L ample breakin, now its mod time. Which tuner is the best?