Lightning

What, my truck fake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What, my truck fake?

This may not be as funny to ya'll as it was to me. Last Sunday, I pull into the gas station by my house. There was a guy there with his girlfriend in his F150 supercab. Very nice stock ride. You could tell the guy respected his truck. It was black and I think you could have eaten off any portion of the truck. He gave my truck the usual look and nod and point (I have really dark windows so he couldn't tell if I was looking at him or not). Anyway, as I get out at pump he is at(opposite side of course), I hear his girlfriend say it is fake. It has the wrong grill. Well, I didn't say anything as this guy has already given the truck the usual respectful look and grin. He leans around the pump and says "She says your truck is fake, it is not a real Lightning. I told her she was wrong". I respectfully look around the pump at her in the truck and she says, it has the wrong grill. I just looked at her and calmly told her that it was real and the grill was factory. Gotta respect the girls that look that close at trucks and stuff, but I thought to myself WTF!!! The guy just laughed and shook his head and told her whatever as he got in his truck and left!!! Anyway, I thought was funny. New one on me, huh, wrong grill!!!

Old 05-02-2002, 10:20 AM
A grill huh? Alot of us change the grills anyways... LOL

Old 05-02-2002, 10:30 AM
Wink

wrong griill, i have one of those too, it's better , but wrong. i think all of us that dress our trucks a little different should band together. ""TRANSVESTITRUCKS UNITE" !!! , or maybe not

Old 05-02-2002, 10:37 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

My brother was ridin' with me when a Lightning pulled up beside us at a light.
My bro said, "Race him, let's see what it will do."
I glanced over and said, "It's a fake, I'm not going to waste my time."
The light turned green and a couple of seconds later my brother said,

"He looked pretty fast, for a fake."

Old 05-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: What, my truck fake?

Originally posted by AggieSVT
... I hear his girlfriend say it is fake. It has the wrong grill...
Last summer when I drove my Lightning to Los Angeles, some chick told me the same thing! I responded by looking and pointing at her fake chest (very common sight in LA) and asked her if she was a fake because of the change she had made to her front grill.

She laughed and was glad that I noticed.

Spike

Old 05-02-2002, 10:43 AM
Good one BBQMAN!!! My truck LOOKS WISE is stock, other than the tinted windows. I really had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing at that girl. She KNEW SHE WAS RIGHT, and wasn't going to be told any different. I probably would have argued more with her or opened the hood, but her boyfriend just laughed at her and got in the truck and left. Heck, the station is right by a little BBQ stand and the guy that runs the stand is always complimenting me on my truck when I go in there and hollering at me, "I heard you yesterday, or I heard you this morning!" when I pull into the station. I have been known to turn the corner onto the straight away right there and let the L sing a little song pretty often. When all this was happening, he steps out of the BBQ place and yells at me, "Hey, you better be sure and put premium only in that bad boy!", then smiles gives me the thumbs up and walks back inside! Just a funny moment with the L. You gotta love 'em!

Old 05-02-2002, 10:47 AM
Spike,

THAT WAS A GOOD COMEBACK!!!! It's too good!!! I was really caught by surprise when this all happened. It is not too common that I get any lip about anything. Not that I am a big guy or anything, I usually kinda try to not talk trash or anything to anyone. I probably could have said something like that about this girl, now that I think back, she did look like she had been "modded".

Old 05-02-2002, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since I've been living in Northern California for a while and worked/lived in and around Beverly Hills, it was so easy to notice all the mods the women have that live and work in that area. What was wierd is that most all the women have been modified and you start to try and find someone who doesn't. It was bizarre and funny at the same time.
Think about it - if almost every woman you saw had a huge front grill, wouldn't it catch you as "odd?" Some of them looked like their chest had swollen up, just like the swelling on a broken ankle. And they probably mistook my smile as a compliment, instead of a laugh with me thinking "holy cow - she's gonna blow - run for your lives!"

Spike
BTW, most of them also wore the same shoes. I guess that's fashion for lemmings.

Old 05-02-2002, 11:02 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by AggieSVT
... the station is right by a little BBQ stand and the guy that runs the stand is always complimenting me on my truck...When all this was happening, he steps out of the BBQ place and yells at me, "Hey, you better be sure and put premium only in that bad boy!", then smiles gives me the thumbs up and walks back inside!...
I always thought MRBBQMAN was a New Orleans investment banker or something, go figure...

Old 05-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Spike,

There was a while that I travelled to LA a lot and I agree with you. There is a lot of mods out there on a lot of the grills on those babes. You can notice it more in the Dallas area in the last few years, but most of 'em here are still farm raised if you know what I mean

Old 05-02-2002, 11:14 AM
Grill = face
Hood = body in Gen X street slang.

Aggie - should have told her she could check underneath the hood to see if it was real if you could do the same with her. Her boyfriend sounded pretty cool so he might not have appreciated it.

Old 05-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Hey NeedFourSpeed,

I need a little voice in the back of my head telling me these things to say when this stuff happens. All of ya'lls lines/comebacks are great!!! Half the time, I just let stuff roll off and don't think of these wisecrack comeback lines. Too funny!!

Old 05-02-2002, 11:23 AM
Re: Re: What, my truck fake?

Originally posted by Spike Engineering

Last summer when I drove my Lightning to Los Angeles, some chick told me the same thing! I responded by looking and pointing at her fake chest (very common sight in LA) and asked her if she was a fake because of the change she had made to her front grill.

She laughed and was glad that I noticed.

Spike
Bahh ha haaaa. That's killer man. LOL. Good burn!! Gotta remember that one. Whenever I'm told my truck is fake, I always say to the idiot in question to back up their words with some cold hard cash and I'll prove them wrong. So far nobody has stepped up.
Wrong grill? WTF?? That's definitely a new one. Most people don't even know what they (Lightnings)are. But to judge the authenticity of it by the grill? Pfffffft. Spike's comeback there would've been perfect for that situation.

Old 05-02-2002, 11:25 AM
Ya know a lot of this is due to all of the fake Cobras running around. People are so used to seeing everyone and their brother with an SN95 GT with a Cobra hood and fascia, plus some emblems acting like they have a hot car.

So basically that carries over to the other SVT products. Doesn't help that every part to make your own "limited edition" vehicle is available on the aftermarket as soon as they hit the showroom floor. Heck, you could order everything to make your own "Bullit" stang before they released the car. Kind of kills the exclusiviness of our expensive toys...

Old 05-02-2002, 11:35 AM
Zues,

That was the first fake statement that I got, and it caught me by surprise. I did, however get a "You don't have a Lightning look from a kid with, (I don't know if I can say this) what looked and acted like a BAD A$$ '98 Cobra. I was across the corner from my house at a neighbor's house and this kid pulls up in the Cobra to pick up my neighbor's son. My neighbor proceeds to tell this kid that he needs to see my Lightning and that we need to run them, "It's just right over there", he says, pointing to the side of my garage. Well, the kid looks over and sees my daily driver (96 chevy supercab) in the driveway, looks back to me and says, OH YEA, nice truck!! I say very calmly, "I don't pull the beast out of the garage for just anyone, and besides it is starting to rain, there is no need get it wet." Well, needless to say, he gave me a scoffed look and got in his car, but very gently left our neighborhood. I have heard from some other people that the car is bad, but no one has actually seen any timeslips, etc.

Quick Reply: What, my truck fake?