Lightning

JDM Engineering Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM Engineering Question

Thinking about purchasing some stuff from JDM. What kind of reputation do they have with the forum. Looking very hard at their stage 1 kit for my '99

Any thoughts?

Old 04-30-2002, 10:24 AM
Wink

on this forum, some have claimed to have seen him walk on water, others wished they could hold him under.

Old 04-30-2002, 10:24 AM
Re: JDM Engineering Question

Originally posted by Flyingtexan
Thinking about purchasing some stuff from JDM. What kind of reputation do they have with the forum. Looking very hard at their stage 1 kit for my '99

Any thoughts?
If you're dead set on buying JDM parts, talk to Mike Troyer "Superchips Distributor" in the Computer Chips forum. He deals in JDM parts and you will not pay a penny more than if you bought direct from JDM.

Mike is the most knowledgable person that I've ever talked to and he will do your legwork for you. He will maintain good communications with you which is very rare around these parts.

A word to the wise.

Tim

Last edited by Chikenears; 04-30-2002 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by MRBBQMAN
on this forum, some have claimed to have seen him walk on water, others wished they could hold him under.
Ha ha...brilliant insight BBQ. I think that could be said of pretty much any tuner on here.

Old 04-30-2002, 10:32 AM
ROFLMAO

Ditto
I think that could be said of pretty much any tuner on here.

Old 04-30-2002, 10:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chickenears is RIGHT. Mike is one of the most knowledgeable
individuals I have ever had the pleasure of talking with.
He can provide ANY technical information realted to the parts he
supplies, and then some. 540-862-9515

Marc

Old 04-30-2002, 10:56 AM
I can also attest to that fact, real good customer service from mike, and what was said earlier, he knows his stuff. I have already orderd a chip and filter, and I haven't even received my truck yet. Its being shipped as I speak

Old 04-30-2002, 11:04 AM
When Jim gets back from Texas give him a call and personally talk to him, then decide yourself. It's your money, and you should like / feel comfortable with the person your giving it to. Other then that he has my vote!

True, but the only person I've ever seen walk on water was Chiun from "Remo Williams: the Adventure Begins", and he ran very fast.

Old 04-30-2002, 11:13 AM
Re: JDM Engineering Question

Originally posted by Flyingtexan

Any thoughts?
First off you will not see Jim here because he is not a supporting vendor.

JDM has their own WebSite see in my signature or you can find them on http://www.nloc.net.

Old 04-30-2002, 11:20 AM
Performance Products

"Chickenears is RIGHT. Mike is one of the most knowledgeable
individuals I have ever had the pleasure of talking with. "

I have to go along with that. I felt Mike Troyer was smart, knew his stuff about the trucks and never let me down as far as communicating with me on the status of my order or any other questions. I never had to email the same question twice to get an answer. And boy, can he give a detailed answer!! Make your head spin. On top of all that He can SPELL. I write procedures and manuals for a living and details are important. If he can take the time to be correct with his posts, he can sure take the time to explain things so you understand. I'm satisfied with his service. I would go back to him for more. Another thing that can be very important to potential buyers, if you're like me, you post a lot of questions before you make a move to buy. I posted questions many times to tuners and either got no reply or a reply that just seemed like they wanted my money. One of the tuners answered my question in a way that I thought was honest and not aimed at getting me to buy his product(Sal). Mike came out of the blue to welcome me to the forum and answered questions via email that were not even directed at him. He got my attention.

But like Captainoblivious said, decide for yourself.

Last edited by DR.D; 04-30-2002 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:22 AM
I am on this board EVERY day. I have heard nothing but great stuff about JDM and Mike. You can definately purchase with the confidence that you are going to receive a high-quality product.

Old 04-30-2002, 11:45 AM
I would call all of the vendors and ask questions that are important to you.

Old 04-30-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by captainoblivious
True, but the only person I've ever seen walk on water was Chiun from "Remo Williams: the Adventure Begins", and he ran very fast.
He actually ran on a cable that was under the water. Old Asian secret.

Old 04-30-2002, 12:01 PM
i ordered a shaker hood and fan kit from JDM with no problems at all,although im still waiting for a sticker justin said he was gonna send to me!!

Old 04-30-2002, 12:09 PM
I have used JDM the most and Sal once. I don't have anything but good things to say about both.

I think they and the other supporting vendors are good people. I think unfortunately JDM and the others have gotten themselves into problems that any small business will have and alot of the time it is issues beyond their control.

Quick Reply: JDM Engineering Question