Lightning

HELLO Ol Timers remember me

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Murray
Damn, this is fun.

MSWAIM: Do you really own a Shelby GT500???? I am so envious.

I tried to buy a Shelby a couple of times after I got rid of the Lightning and the Blackwood but could not swallow the over-invoice prices the local dealers were demanding. So, still driving the box stock '92 Town Car.

I think I posted this on another similar thread, but one of the most fun things about the Lightning Forum from 1999-2001 as you mentioned were the spirited posts. Especially the "Tuner Wars" which were a real hoot to both experience and read.

Nostalgia is good, especially for someone as old as myself.

Bill
The Tuner Wars!!! hahaha I remember when a certain vendor was banned for trying to start a war with Sal from PSP, Jim with JDM and Johnny JLP.. There where others as well but the 5+ names he used to try and get over on the guys was just too over bearing and the Admins and Moderators were right there on top of him.. What a waste..

Bill you can probably gt a GT500 at cost now.. I know the dealers up here by me in Jersey were letting them go below MSRP..

Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Really Old "Member"
Thanks for the tip on the Shelby, I have not looked around for some time but will contact the local Ford dealers to see what the market is like down here in GA.
Bill

Old 02-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the tip on the Shelby, I have not looked around for some time but will contact the local Ford dealers to see what the market is like down here in GA.
Bill
Anytime..

Old 02-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey all you old farts. Bill Murray check out ebay for the GT500's. Dealer's are moving them now. The 2010's are right around the corner and there are still 08-09's on the lots. I just missed a wrecked 08 coupe on ebay. 1,200 miles and light front damange. Went for $20k.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I remember seeing alot of ya'll back when i first joined up

Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I remember the thread on the 01's and the " ricer " taillights and the amount of times i went to different dealerships to try and get a deal on a lightning.

Then in 03 i think it was TheHylandr who posted up a link to where you could get a pin for x plan, so i ended up with a 03 Lightning at x plan after years of trying to get a deal, thanks again .

Last edited by black f150 offroad; 03-02-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by black f150 offroad
I remember the thread on the 01's and the " ricer " taillights and the amount of times i went to different dealerships to try and get a deal on a lightning.

Then in 03 i think it was TheHylandr who posted up a link to where you could get a pin for x plan, so i ended up with a 03 Lightning at x plan after years of trying to get a deal, thanks again .
I think I was one of the many complaining of the "RICER" tails in the 01 and up trucks....LOL

Long story short I have some 1999-2000 looking tails from a 2003 supercrew on mine.....

May the force be with you

Old 03-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Struck in AZ
It's now in 7,398 pieces after Joe got carried away with a Sawz-All while attempting some modification to it.
I actually met up with Joe at a Metallica concert last month. Sold the truck a couple years ago.

Now that I live out here in the midwest, I keep forgetting how close some of you guys are....

Old 03-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Really Old "Member"
Quick update on the Shelby GT500 option.

I was visited today by the Sales Mgr. of my local Ford Dealer in response to my continuing interest in the Transit vehicle.

Got to noshing and we were talking about various SVT and other HiPo Ford vehicles and it turns out they have 5 (FIVE) Shelby GT 500s on the lot and no takers.

Off the top, he said they were up for grabs for dealer cost, but " a deal could be made".

I sent him an email an hour ago asking him to quote a range of leasing options and am waiting to hear back.

As I said to him, this is a totally irrational thought process to pursue but I have wanted a Shelby Cobra since they were first introduced many, many years ago. I never could justify one, in part because, as this guy said, they were getting $20K over list a year ago, and I never pay more than list and usually, a lot below posted dealer cost.

If I can steal one, I think I may do it. What the Hell, you only live once, I have wanted one since the 1960's and I will be 69 years old on the 18th of this month.

Now, I have to just convince Pat I have earned this prize. She was willing to go along with leasing/buying the Transit but doing the same with a Shelby Cobra is going to be a reach.

Bill

Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Originally Posted by zbornac
I actually met up with Joe at a Metallica concert last month. Sold the truck a couple years ago.

Now that I live out here in the midwest, I keep forgetting how close some of you guys are....
The thread where Joey piped A/C from his truck's dash vent into the MILF banger tent at the Country Concert is still a classic.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Quick update on the Shelby GT500 option.

I was visited today by the Sales Mgr. of my local Ford Dealer in response to my continuing interest in the Transit vehicle.

Got to noshing and we were talking about various SVT and other HiPo Ford vehicles and it turns out they have 5 (FIVE) Shelby GT 500s on the lot and no takers.

Off the top, he said they were up for grabs for dealer cost, but " a deal could be made".

I sent him an email an hour ago asking him to quote a range of leasing options and am waiting to hear back.

As I said to him, this is a totally irrational thought process to pursue but I have wanted a Shelby Cobra since they were first introduced many, many years ago. I never could justify one, in part because, as this guy said, they were getting $20K over list a year ago, and I never pay more than list and usually, a lot below posted dealer cost.

If I can steal one, I think I may do it. What the Hell, you only live once, I have wanted one since the 1960's and I will be 69 years old on the 18th of this month.

Now, I have to just convince Pat I have earned this prize. She was willing to go along with leasing/buying the Transit but doing the same with a Shelby Cobra is going to be a reach.

Bill

If you decide to by a GT 500 send me a private message and I will get you a T shirt with the builders of your cars signitures on it. I am the new Manager for the Shelby Gt 500 (NICHE Line) at Ford Romeo Engine Plant.

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 03-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by pitstain
I think I was one of the many complaining of the "RICER" tails in the 01 and up trucks....LOL

Long story short I have some 1999-2000 looking tails from a 2003 supercrew on mine.....

May the force be with you
I bought my truck with like 12,000 miles in 2004,its an 03. I just realized recently that it was supposed to come with the clear lights in back. Thank God the guy before me had the same taste as me, because I cant stand the clear lights. The truck was virgin down to the paper filter and he took the time to change out the rear lights, thank you sir . No it wasn't wrecked I checked. I have been a member for a while, though I dont post much here. I read alot before I even signed up. It did use to get a bit heated, and it still does.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Speedin Bob
The thread where Joey piped A/C from his truck's dash vent into the MILF banger tent at the Country Concert is still a classic.
LOL, omg, I forgot about that..... I think I may have that picture somewhere.

Every time he broke up with a chick it was good for a link to a bunch of pictures as well, lol.

You still living over on the Eastside? We need to catch up one of these days.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Speedy, RTKilla's "lair", back in the snapperbanger thread of old.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries...15-17-1393.jpg

Old 03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Thumbs up

AWESOME!, or something.

zb,

Yep, not in the same house but still on the East side.

Quick Reply: HELLO Ol Timers remember me