Lightning

Tell me why you love your L.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell me why you love your L.

I will start with why I love my L:

Don't let your woman drive your truck.... Not because she'll wreck it... but becasue of all the MALE attention she gets in it....

I have yet to go to the local speedshop, or my local Autozone without that classic attention.... "YO MAN I LOVE YOUR TRUCK, I WISH I COULD FIND ONE OF THOSE. ARE THEY REALLY THAT FAST?"

Last week (I have had my l for about 3 months now) I took a 3 hour drive for my work, so I took my wife's jeep liberty. I don't want to be putting all those miles on my baby.... So, she takes it to get groceries. And she tells me, she could not believe how much attention she got in the truck... First its a somewhat rare vehicle to find driving around, and second she thought it was just a plain old truck that was somewhat fast and loud... You see loud trucks all the time...

she parked at the grocery store and she said litterally 5 people in different cars circled around the parking lot very slowly staring at her...

after that, she was out on the hi-way, and she decided to see what I have been boasting about all this time... She had never done that before, and has never driven anything with any getup. She thought her 210HP Jeep was fast.. HAHAHAHAHA.. I have a 6lb lower putting out 420 RWHP and 545 RWTQ... She didn't floor it because she was too scared.... and I'm glad, she does not have the experience to manuver with the backend flying around...

She was very happy.... When i got home she hald told me all excitedly about her escapade, and now wants my truck anytime I have to go out of town for work... HAHAHAHA...

It is just me and my wife and my 4 1/2 year old son... and he loves it too...

last week I saw a red 2002 lightning down at a car dealer and was thinking about trading the jeep for it... for her... and since its only the 3 of us..... I would leave that one bone stock... but I don't know... We need a family care i guess... but the truck is a 3 seater...

hhmmmmm.....

She just told me right now, the she looks damn good in that truck...
HA

Old 05-10-2007, 07:24 PM
FOR MEEE!!!!!!!!!!! The first time i saw a 99 it was like that hot girl in high school that you like !!! First look gives you the stomach twist ! 2nd makes you drool !..... Just every thing from tip to tail I think is perfect.! ! ! ! I just wish they put a better set of heads on the truck ! ! BUT nothing is PERFECT! Untill i get my bilt motor ! ! ! Im just glad Lightnings are around cause i never would have ran down rob at the food store getting some taco sheells! And i made him give me a ride home !!!!!!!!!! That was right after i sold the 99, and boy did rob do smoke show for me !

Last edited by DirtY_Dave; 05-10-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:40 PM
i don't have one, but....

i love them cause they are BADA**

oh and don't get another one if your 4 1/2 year old son and your wife will be riding in it all the time, he needs to be in a back seat
and I and a lot of other people with the 97-03 model F-150s know, it is not very safe, the front becomes an accordian all the way to the back cab, not trying to scare you but, you will want a family vehicle for your son, if it was on the new platform i would say get it, but we all know there isn't any

Last edited by MrSquirrel; 05-10-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:58 PM
i can keep mine plain and simple

anywhere me and the wife go...someone says something

its a fast truck that can be used as a truck too

it's all around the best of both worlds

Old 05-10-2007, 10:08 PM
The three reactions I always get:

1. The person is totally clueless and has absolutly no idea what it is.

2. The person stares at it like they've never seen one before. They have a puzzling look on their face like it's the space shuttle or something.

3. And then the people who know what they are and just love the custom Sonic Blue paint.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:36 PM
had mine about two years and still get the same reactions. wow. a nice truck. I was coming through the gate last week (military) and this guys says, I know this isn't a work truck. I couldn't do anything but smile and say oh no, never a work truck. My wife gets all the attention when she drives it. I love when she drives it, I get to be the one standing on the street admiring a beautiful truck. It sure looks and sound sweet coming down the street.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:38 PM
I love when she drives it, I get to be the one standing on the street admiring a beautiful truck.
Funny, I feel the same way when I see my wife driving my truck around. I love to see and hear my truck driving away from me. By the main reason I love my truck is, "because it hauls". My truck is my daily driver and will also be reinstated as my work truck again in the next couple of months. It makes the best work truck in my opinion .

Cesar

Old 05-11-2007, 06:23 AM
LOOKS, COMFORT, AND SPEED
It's all you could ask for in a Sports Car, but hey it's not a sports car is it,
NO IT'S PERFECTION FROM HEAD TO TOE ( well other than it's a Ford )

I loved the early yrs of Gen II cause no one on the streets really knew what it was. Everyone assumed it to be another nice looking truck that has no *****, Chevy S-10's and the SS454 comes to mind as lookers with nothing to back it up. And one by one I picked off each and EVERYTHING I have ever gone against (cept Chim and his L when he dusted me in my 02, FU CHIM ; o )

We truly do have a timeless hotrod here, and now that we've left our mark it may be dam near impossible to find a sucker on the road that DOESNT KNOW what we are anymore, but as you all say people's jaws still drop to the ground as they stare in amazement on how frigging BEEEEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL a Lightning truly is to even the unskilled eye.

But for me it all comes down to Power, a Turbo isnt going to give you this feeling, a N/A motor is not going to give you this feeling, only a Roots or Twin Screw can give me what a L is all about, THE BOOST BABY THE BOOST!!!

ONCE YOU'VE BEEN BLOWN THERE'S NO GOING BACK...

Old 05-11-2007, 07:52 AM
It's form and function for me.

It has the right look and sits right even when it's parked. I have followed several down the hwy and I love it.

When I do have something to haul I can do it. Like my 5k pound buggy trailer.

I don't drive mine to work everyday. She is somewhat of a garage queen but that just makes it more special when we do get together and I listen to that Bassani behind the SC scream.

I guess I'm trying to prolong that honeymoon. All love affairs come to an end if you spend to much time together.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by psycholx
had mine about two years and still get the same reactions. wow. a nice truck. I was coming through the gate last week (military) and this guys says, I know this isn't a work truck. I couldn't do anything but smile and say oh no, never a work truck. My wife gets all the attention when she drives it. I love when she drives it, I get to be the one standing on the street admiring a beautiful truck. It sure looks and sound sweet coming down the street.
Same thing.. i was practically begging my wife to drive it... But then I got to see it go by...

She's a beaut.... (my wife and truck)

Old 05-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Thumbs up A one of a kind vehicle!

Where can you get a vehicle that fills your need for a sports car while hauling a 5k trailer and being able to get a dozen sheets of plywood from the lumber yard.
You just can't beat the looks and the smile on your face when you push the pedal to the floor.
Just a small group of us have the honor of owning one.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:54 PM
this is why I love my Lightning

Old 05-13-2007, 12:30 AM
It cost half as much as my buddys SRT-8 Charger, it's paid for.... and he still can't beat me...

Old 05-13-2007, 12:55 AM
I found my truck two years ago while surfing online. It was love at first sight.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by 383svt
this is why I love my Lightning

Quick Reply: Tell me why you love your L.