Lightning

Picture of Black 2000 L. with Western Chassis 2 inch A-arms and Bell Tech 3/4 drop ki

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2000, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJY,
Me again! I know you mentioned your friend helped with your install. If you don't know right off, could you check with him and see how he got the sway bar ends to line up with the mounts on the new control arms?
Did you/him have any troubles with this part?
Just wondering......

Old 12-19-2000, 01:01 AM
DJY
LightStruck, The Sway Bar Ends really don't line up right! There on but they just don't seem to sit properly! But they work! We used the red bushing that came with the kit and we tried all kinds of ways but just get them on it will not look right but, it will work I haven't had any trouble since the install. I did mount the front red bump stops that came with the Western Chassis A-arms where the stock bump stops were. Hope this is some help! I think the Sway Bars Mounts were the only poor design on the Western Chassis A-arm kit. My Lightning does handle alot better since it has been lowered! DJY

Old 12-19-2000, 07:07 PM
Thumbs down

I tried using those arms and ended up pulling them off and throwing them away. Let's see, the end links for the swaybar were mounted backwards and out of place. I cut mine off and re-welded them in the correct location. Measure on your old arms to confirm. I wanted the truck about 1 inch lower so I also did some spring work and found out the arms were cutting into the inside of the rims. Check out how sharp that inside corner is. Got fed up and put the original arms back on, used different springs and kits on the upper A-arms for alignment and have been happy ever since.

Old 12-19-2000, 07:28 PM
What you guy's need to do is use an end link that pivots. With my bagged truck most people do not use the sway bar with a radical drop but.....so what I used was a set of end links from a volvo 760 Turbo and put the poly bushings. I can lay it out and air it all the way up and the end link is perfect, handles excellent. When you do a radical drop the end links will bend. I think you are riding on the bump stop so your suspension is not really in full motion/part motion, I could be wrong but that's the way I gather the info description. I use the DJM arms and the western are similar and adapting the end links is easy. I think I have pics if neccessary. I hope this might help.

------------------
Check out my truck at:

http://www.streetscenemag.com/ViewOw...?ProfileID=202

Old 12-19-2000, 07:37 PM
Guys I'd like to know if any of you have seen pictures of an L with foughly a 2 inch drop front and rear. I think your trucks are great! Also I need to know how to get the Camber kit for alignment. Thanks!

J

Old 12-19-2000, 07:41 PM
Also if you guy are spending that kind of money might as well buy the best kit out there from www.californiasupertrucks.com If I knew what I know now I would have purchased that kit the first time (did much jerking around with the DJM and bags) , still might do that anyway since I'm not to fond of the DJM arms. There is also a pic of the suspension at the site.

[This message has been edited by Silver X (edited 12-19-2000).]

Old 12-19-2000, 10:06 PM
Red face

hey guys i was at the California super trucks sight and i cant believe the have a lift kit for the L ?????PLEASE i beg all of you never to do this no matter what !!!!what are they thinking ???maybe they should make one for a vette too

------------------
silver 00
99 flht
lots of bills

Old 12-19-2000, 10:20 PM
I though it was a joke or something also but.......I guess to each his own. Like putting a high top camper shell on the back with big sliding windows.

Old 12-19-2000, 10:30 PM
DJY
I am very happy with the set up I have on my lowered Lightning! DJY

Quick Reply: Picture of Black 2000 L. with Western Chassis 2 inch A-arms and Bell Tech 3/4 drop ki