Lightning

a Rhodes custom cage fo yo ass

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a Rhodes custom cage fo yo ***

owner is about 6inches shorter then me and i fit quite nice in there even with the solid mounted Kirkey's.

you'll find NONE better then Rhodes PERIOD!

Old 08-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Old 08-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SRTthis
. . . .
Looks nice.

Don't mean to pee in the proverbial cornflakes, but the door bars and the studs for the swingout pins don't seem to line up. In the event of an impact, wouldn't the door bars bend out/give at the joint? Is that even legal?

Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
Looks nice.

Don't mean to pee in the proverbial cornflakes, but the door bars and the studs for the swingout pins don't seem to line up. In the event of an impact, wouldn't the door bars bend out/give at the joint? Is that even legal?

its legal down to 9.99 but i know what ya mean about how its set up.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Looks nice.

And further more you can see damn near the whole bar thru the rear window....also I would like to see the frame attachment....seems to me there was some flakey engineering there too.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Bad as L
And further more you can see damn near the whole bar thru the rear window....also I would like to see the frame attachment....seems to me there was some flakey engineering there too.

its welded directly to the frame... check out the other cars at www.rhodescustomauto.com

Old 08-02-2006, 03:33 PM
its welded directly to the frame... check out the other cars at www.rhodescustomauto.com
don't worry... we didn't see it here the first time.

nice job pimping out Rhodes Auto

Old 08-02-2006, 05:13 PM
its legal . . .
Are you sure? I think that the misaligned tube might be a problem. Just because the rules don't say that all bars need to be straight doesn't mean that it will be okay. If, for instance, you showed up with bars knotted like pretzels, "the rulebook doesn't say anything about knotting" would likely not convince the tech inspector.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:33 PM
i agree with tim.. question though: how much lighter are those seats than the stockers?

Old 08-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by birdy111
i agree with tim..
Just to be clear, I'm only expressing a concern, not giving an answer. Maybe they are cool after all. I've just never seen a design where a tube joint was not parallel.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Just to be clear, I'm only expressing a concern, not giving an answer. Maybe they are cool after all. I've just never seen a design where a tube joint was not parallel.
I was agreeing with your concern Tim. I also have not seen that.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
looks nice and well welded but from an engineer stand point has to many comprises for me or for the techs that I have to go thru.one way to fix the door bar problem would be to double pin it that way it would have to shear one or both pins to move the door bar.Plus I would not use those pines they are just a cheap grade of steel I would look at maybe stripper[ shoulder] bolts about 5xs stronger size for size.I know if I was a tech inspector the would not pass for door bars since door bars are there to protect the occupants and if you were t-boned in that they would just fold into you.Stan

Old 08-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Ruslow
looks nice and well welded but from an engineer stand point has to many comprises for me or for the techs that I have to go thru.one way to fix the door bar problem would be to double pin it that way it would have to shear one or both pins to move the door bar.Plus I would not use those pines they are just a cheap grade of steel I would look at maybe stripper[ shoulder] bolts about 5xs stronger size for size.I know if I was a tech inspector the would not pass for door bars since door bars are there to protect the occupants and if you were t-boned in that they would just fold into you.Stan

pfffffffft... what do you know about this topic.... j/k

Old 08-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by MISTERgadget
don't worry... we didn't see it here the first time.

nice job pimping out Rhodes Auto

blow me

Old 08-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Ruslow

i see what your saying and i completly understand from a road racing point of view but its a drag truck. it rairly see's the street. and if there is another way to do the cage im sure they would do it.

Quick Reply: a Rhodes custom cage fo yo ass