Lightning

New Jlp *full Force* Upper Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I don't blame Johnny for not involving himself in these discussions. First of all, he posted a picture. I 've see a lot of talk and hype about mysterious products that have never materialized enough to even take a picture. He gave you boost and hp numbers. It's up to us now as the consumer to investigate and see if that's what we want. Like most of us, JL doesn't have a degree in physics or fully understand fluid dynamics. What he can give you is raw HP and Boost numbers.

Also, this product isn't for most of the trucks on this board. This product is for high HP trucks, putting them 1 step closer to their magic number. I'm sure there are a lot of other, easier to justify, parts to install on most trucks first.

Old 02-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 99svtlightning
Personally I don't blame Johnny for not involving himself in these discussions. First of all, he posted a picture. I 've see a lot of talk and hype about mysterious products that have never materialized enough to even take a picture. He gave you boost and hp numbers. It's up to us now as the consumer to investigate and see if that's what we want. Like most of us, JL doesn't have a degree in physics or fully understand fluid dynamics. What he can give you is raw HP and Boost numbers.

Also, this product isn't for most of the trucks on this board. This product is for high HP trucks, putting them 1 step closer to their magic number. I'm sure there are a lot of other, easier to justify, parts to install on most trucks first.

Old 03-01-2004, 10:02 AM
for those of you that HAVEN'T seen the kenne bell up close and personal, there is a plate over the opening to mate up properly to the stock plenum. The adapter plate hole is actually quite a bit smaller than the actual opening on the KB if the plate were removed. I would be curious as to the turbulence created by that adapter plate as well as the amount of restriction caused by it.

An interesting point for those of you that wonder aloud about the smallest opening in a given system.

If you have ever calculated the "head" for a swimming pool pump, you will find that types of fittings, size of fittings, and the size combined with the LENGTH of the tubing creates back pressure. If you have a given length of piping, both with the same fitting to the pump, but one having larger diameter tubing than the other for the same length, you will have higher backpressure with the narrower tubing, even with the same diameter fitting to the pump.

Maybe a physicist or amateur mathmetician can come up with the formulas for us. I'll poke around and see what I can come up with...

JLs intake removes a major bottleneck in the system for sure...

Quick Reply: New Jlp *full Force* Upper Plenum