Lightning

Volant air intake system

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Volant air intake system

As this has come up on this board a few times I figured I'd pass on my experience with Volant. I called them on 4/14 to ask a couple of questions and check stock. They had them in stock but do not sell direct so they gave me a number to a local dealer.

I immediately hung up, called the dealer and ordered the unit. A few days later the dealer called and said that they didn't have it and it would be 4/24 to get it. On 4/25 I called to check and the new delivery date was 5/5. I called 4/28 and they said they'd be available on 4/30. Re-called 4/30 and they were in stock.

Called the dealer again on 5/6 when I still hadn't received it. I'm 1-2 days shipping from Volant and it was a drop-ship to save time. They promised the dealer it would go out 5/6 (Tuesday). I called again this morning to Volant and the box is still sitting there. I called the dealer and said it had to be next-day air to me for Friday delivery or I would not take it. They called Volant and they said it couldn't ship until Friday. I cancelled the order.

Volant has the lowest customer service I've ever seen in the aftermarket. I spend $15K-$20K per year on aftermarket parts building cars and I've never run across a more un-caring manufacturer. Just wanted to let a few know as there were a couple of you guys interested in this system.

Jody

Old 05-08-2003, 04:51 PM
that's a shame. I'd love to see the box they have out now since the redesign last october/november time frame....

i'll agree though. I tried to get information on the "new" unit back last year and they don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to a)knowing their own product b)knowing about the vehicles they sell them for and c)giving a damn about the people they are selling to.

Old 05-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quality does'nt just apply to the product does it.

WOT

Old 05-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Thumbs up

Jody,
Just went through the past and present projects that you shared with us on your site.
Very nice, you do great work, I loved that Yellow 69...

Bill

Old 05-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Thanks Bill, I appreciate it.

Jody

Old 05-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Jody:

Why all the cookies from your Web site? What is their purpose?

Old 05-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Tim,

You're talking way over my dead! What did I do wrong?!!!

Jody

Old 05-09-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by camcojb
Tim,

You're talking way over my dead! What did I do wrong?!!!

Jody
Not saying you did anything wrong, but your site tries to shove multiple cookies down the visitor's throat. Just wondering what that is all about.

Old 05-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Tim,

All I did was sign up with Homestead to make my own website. I don't know anything about cookies. I just uploaded pics and typed in some text! So Homestead may have this built into their sites.

I just reset the setting which lowered the cookies. I don't sell anything so can I just shut them off? My site counter probably needs it though.

Thanks again.

Jody

Last edited by camcojb; 05-09-2003 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Volant air intake system