Lightning

10's are Possible with a Stock Blower (Part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to take anything away from Jim's product but if you were running nitrous and had Sal's nitrous plate shouldnt you see some gains from that aswell? Granted Jim's looks like its a composite compared to Sal's metal plate which should contain the heat better. So I guess what I'm saying is "Hey Jim put some holes in the bottom of it and sell a version as a nitrous plate."
Sal's nitrous plate will make the runner length longer but it will not straighten out the airflow at the inlet of the supercharger.

Justin what is the going to be the price of the spacer? will it include longer bolts?
We are trying to nail that down right now. We are getting a quote to produce 100 of them and we also need to get a quote from our bolt supplier because you will need six longer bolts. Should have an answer in the next couple fo days.

Stan,

It was a blast tuning your truck. It makes me feel good knowing that when you put the truck int he record books that I could say I drove it. Even though I only took it up to 150 MPH I was very comfortable with how stable the truck was. You should see 180 with no problems, the truck was still pulling hard. I held 150 for three miles and still had room to go down on the throttle.

Jim@JDM

Old 03-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jim, I have many resources for manufacturing all kinds of items, so if you run into a situation where you can't get the spacers made the way you want, or at the price you'd like, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out.

Old 03-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Jim, I have many resources for manufacturing all kinds of items, so if you run into a situation where you can't get the spacers made the way you want, or at the price you'd like, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out.
Sal,

Call me at the shop, maybe we can work something out and we can both distribute them. 732/780/0770.

Jim@JDM

Old 03-28-2003, 01:34 PM
Old 03-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jim@JDM
Sal,

Call me at the shop, maybe we can work something out and we can both distribute them. 732/780/0770.

Jim@JDM
No problem, I'll give you a call on Monday or Tuesday and we'll see what we can do.

Old 03-28-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Jim@JDM

I held 150 for three miles and still had room to go down on the throttle.

Jim@JDM
I wanna know where you were at when u did this?!?

Old 03-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by blown318
I wanna know where you were at when u did this?!?
The secret undisclosed "JDM Proving Grounds"(TM) here in NJ.

We could tell you, but we'd have to kill you.

I think California is the only state that could give us a run for our money on the "asphalt per square mile" count.

Daniel

Old 03-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by thepawn
The secret undisclosed "JDM Proving Grounds"(TM) here in NJ.

We could tell you, but we'd have to kill you.

I think California is the only state that could give us a run for our money on the "asphalt per square mile" count.

Daniel
I need to go visit JDM so I can run my truck on the secret proving grounds also!!!! HEHEH

Old 03-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by blown318
i dont think he had cams but I thought he had heads.... either way those times are awsome none the less!!!!!
No, Johnny had the prototype heads last year. Mine our stock heads with titanium valves. No cnc work whatsover. I can see picking up almost a half second with heads and the right grind. My truck should squeeze into the 10's with the current setup. Johnny was running 10.59 at the same boost level, the only difference being his heads. I think his new heads have even more work. Should be interesting to get a before and after. I am hoping to do it in the fall/winter of this year.

Old 03-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 99svtlightning
No, Johnny had the prototype heads last year. Mine our stock heads with titanium valves. No cnc work whatsover. I can see picking up almost a half second with heads and the right grind. My truck should squeeze into the 10's with the current setup. Johnny was running 10.59 at the same boost level, the only difference being his heads. I think his new heads have even more work. Should be interesting to get a before and after. I am hoping to do it in the fall/winter of this year.
Damn eric, and this whole time I thought u had heads!!
damn 11.1s....... that is fast... I really want to see your truck with heads and cams!!!!... I cant wait to come up there and drop my truck off at johnnys to get my built motor!!!!!!!!

another question you might know... did total run that 11.1 W/ N20 with ported heads or was his engine just like yours??

Old 03-28-2003, 04:32 PM
Jim had the same setup as I, no ported heads. His truck was flying! Charlie will have the same setup as I do, but with cnc heads and cams this year. This will give us an idea of the increase. I'm not sure which cams I am going with, so I'm going to wait it out.

Old 03-28-2003, 06:19 PM
Thumbs up

Wow, 2 Supporting Vendors talking nice and getting along? Thats awesome! That deserves a big ! These are the kind of threads that are nice to read. Mike

Last edited by SLP 97 CAMARO SS GUY; 03-28-2003 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:10 PM
I know another place

The upper pennisula of Michigan has a highway that runs east and west and is straight as an arrow for about 150 miles. the only thing you have to worry about is a deer jumping infron tof you. Probably not a pretty site at 150MPH.
I've NEVER seen a police officer out there, but then again they could see you coming 5 miles away.

Old 03-28-2003, 09:42 PM
99svtlightning

Did read that right.....you had Ti valves in a stock cylinder heads.

How did that happen ? or why or.....hell you know what I mean
Dale

Old 03-28-2003, 09:54 PM
When I built my motor, no one was doing heads yet. Don't forget mine was built well over a year ago. Built motors were still a new thing then. I still only have about 400 miles on the motor and just about 10-15 passes.

Quick Reply: 10's are Possible with a Stock Blower (Part 2)